Game Day Round 21, 2024: West Coast vs Gold Coast

Will this be our last, or second last win of the year?

• Yes

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Nah we'll probs roll North next week as well

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Jack Williams

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Harley had only 3 kicks for the night

one of the best 3 kicks games from a mid ever .lol
Tbh I didn’t think he was great tonight. And that’s ok, he’s a first year player and it’s a long season. Got caught a lot and drifted in and out, but when he gets his hands on the ball good things generally happen.

Switched to 6PR to hear the talk back and instead copped an earful of Karl Langdon commentating Chinese boxing in Paris.

It's called Taekwondo mate, and it's from Korea.

He is tracking extremely well for his age. People that have talked shit about him this year have lost the plot.
He’s just not really a natural inside mid and that’s ok. He said pre draft he played like Jack Crisp who is also not a natural inside mid but is a handy player.

Funnily enough Crisp, Yeo and Docherty all drafted by Brisbane in 2011 as an absolutely elite group of half back flankers. Imagine if they stayed!

He’s just not really a natural inside mid and that’s ok. He said pre draft he played like Jack Crisp who is also not a natural inside mid but is a handy player.

Funnily enough Crisp, Yeo and Docherty all drafted by Brisbane in 2011 as an absolutely elite group of half back flankers. Imagine if they stayed!
I still dont buy that he cant be a great inside mid. His stats were very strong for his age in the position. Playing as a third tall defender is just a way easier position to play. He will be A grade where ever he ends up.

I still dont buy that he cant be a great inside mid. His stats were very strong for his age in the position. Playing as a third tall defender is just a way easier position to play. He will be A grade where ever he ends up.
He might be but it won’t happen straight away and we shouldn’t force it. He looks much more natural when the ball is aerial and coming towards him

While this may be stiff.

But given Trew only had 7 possesions but was very good defensively and Clay hall had 5 possesions.

Can we play Clay Hall in Trew role next game. Clay hall isn't a winger. If that means drop Trew then it must be.

He might be but it won’t happen straight away and we shouldn’t force it. He looks much more natural when the ball is aerial and coming towards him
The problem is you cant play the entire team off the half back line! But yes i agree.

While this may be stiff.

But given Trew only had 7 possesions but was very good defensively and Clay hall had 5 possesions.

Can we play Clay Hall in Trew role next game. Clay hall isn't a winger. If that means drop Trew then it must be.
Trew played mostly in the forward line tonight. Is that where you want hall to play?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a great win! Was a line-in-the sand game in a few ways.
A possible turning point, off the back of intensity, youth, some solid senior play
and coaching.
Yep, the song! And the navy strip, looks professional.

Last edited:
Yeo is prime example. Yeo was 24 when solidified himself as a mid and really he was turning 25 that year. A couple years in defence to get some confidence wouldn’t hurt. First develop him into a good player and then slowly reintroduce him into the midfield.
Get rid of Witherden for a start, wouldn’t hate Cole and Hough moving up the ground more often too.
I actually want Hough in defence. We lack any quality small/mid size defenders and at the moment he is tracking to be a very good defender. **** Witho Off and Cole is slowly heading towards that Rotham/witho stage unless he can hit some consistency. We now have a problem with Fitting Maric in the side. I actually want him going into defence playing as a third tall and as a backline distributor as he has the skills and decision making to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back