Round 21 changes: Footscray v Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Freijah in for either Khamis or Coffield

That is all
That’s it. It’s a raffle for me and something the MC will have to decide that they value more.

Garcia’s spot is probably the last one up for grabs at the moment with Macrae, Sanders & Harmes (forgotten injured man) the contenders. Bevo likes his speed role players in McNeil & VDM.

Would be a huge letdown to win the past three then lose to this Melbourne side. They’re only capable of a few patches of good footy a week. They’ll try and drag us down to their level, but if we play like we have the last three weeks I don’t think at Marvel they can do it. Ball is completely in our court though.

Looks like Coffield will be out again and Friejah the obvious replacement.
Garcia unfortunately didn't set the world on fire but I'd persist with him and give him a bit of consistency.
Macrea and Sanders on the cusp if anyone else is ginger on a 5 day break. Wouldn't like to make unforced changes unless it's to keep guys fresh, need to keep this momentum going.

I think we’re pretty close to our best 22. Would prefer someone with more spark and/or more versatility out of the sub than Daniel will probably offer.

I’d keep the same team I think. Interested with how we decide to set up our defensive seven between now and the end of the season. Think Lobb and Jones are a really powerful 1-2 punch and then the smalls of Dale, Bramble and Duryea have been settled and reliable. Just not sure who they’ll go with as the 6th and 7th guys. Coffield, Khamis and Freijah haven’t really put a foot wrong lately so we have good options. Not sure where JOD is at after the head knock, will need to come back through the VFL and might run out of time to challenge for one of those spots this season.

Have been super impressed with Poulter and McNeil since their returns. Both have attributes and had games in the past where you think they are turning the corner and then play some stinkers and go back to languishing in the twos. As long as they keep bringing what they have, I think there is a spot for them.

Do Macrae & Sanders make their way back in?

Daniel probably makes way for Macrae

If Coffield needs a spell, then Daniel probably survives.
I hope not. Daniel did his now customary stop and prop even though the game was over. He doesn’t fit this team anymore I’m sorry to say. Bring back Smokin Joel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant undo all our good work by losing to melbourne. We need to exorcise some demons. Put them out of the finals race.
If we a beat the Dees, surely we beat Norf and Crows….GWS can be our 2016 Freo 😂

Last time we flogged GWS in the last round and then they flogged us week 1 of finals

Was playing well before being subbed out I thought.

Really like him. Only going to get better with his offensive stuff as he gets more games under his belt but seems very sound defensively. The backline feels more solid with him back there imo.

Good match up for those medium types.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Really like him. Only going to get better with his offensive stuff as he gets more games under his belt but seems very sound defensively. The backline feels more solid with him back there imo.

Good match up for those medium types.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would be the perfect Fritsch match up.

I hope not. Daniel did his now customary stop and prop even though the game was over. He doesn’t fit this team anymore I’m sorry to say. Bring back Smokin Joel
Yeah absolutely.

I forgot all about Joel. He comes in for sure.

If the name change can't break the hoodoo I'm not sure what will. Oh, that's right, Freijah. Maybe Doc and Libba get a rest, Timmy too.

In: Macrae, Freijah and Baker.

Naughts a game high 10 score involvements. Sure he was a bit rusty at times but he was effective.

Also, pressure acts

Cody 23
Naughts 15
Marra 14
Westy 15
VDM 15
McSteal 14

A very industrious and even effort. It's a good combo
Garcia had 22 pressure acts, 4th most on the ground.
Also top 5 for pressure acts were all dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 21 changes: Footscray v Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back