Round 21 changes: Footscray v Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

If it’s in the air, Lever would easily account for West.

But if it’s on the ground, there is a good chance that Lever will end up crying.

Agree at ground level and I’m not worried about West in the air, he’s played a defensive role on taller interceptors before. If he finds himself doing that against Lever I’d back him in.

I listened to the ESPN footy podcast and Vanderemeer has accumulated the third greatest total KM's across the season at a "sprint speed" in the list.

Most of the defensive game is covering the ground and a half forward that can do it at speed at an absolutely elite level is going to have a fair bit of value to the team.

Think May usually goes to Naughton. Not sure if that changes now that Naughton is playing higher up the ground as a more traditional CHF type but I sort of expect them to stay with that matchup. McDonald would then go to Jamarra and leaves Lever for Darcy and then loose when Darcy goes to the ruck or any of the bigs go to the bench and that's probably where West will need to find Lever and make him accountable.

Feel like it's too big of an ask for one of their smaller/mid sized defenders to take the Darcy matchup to allow Lever to roam.

If it’s in the air, Lever would easily account for West.

But if it’s on the ground, there is a good chance that Lever will end up crying.

We want to see this Jakey Livid 🤪🤪

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 21 changes: Footscray v Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back