Preview Round 21 Swans vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I know U13 junior footy is nowhere near the AFL but an interesting change was made by my son's coach at quarter time that got me thinking.

We were playing a side below us on the table and they came out hard and were winning the contest, such that we were down by a couple of goals at quarter time. The coach then moved our main clearance mid who also is a very good mark to half forward and put a boy who had been itching all season to play on ball.

We evened up the contest which allowed the ball to be advanced to half forward, where our usual on baller dominated. He was unbeatable when the ball hit the deck but was still able to provide an aerial threat. This allowed our team to then work the ball closer to goal, providing opportunities for our forwards. He also tackled and chase as he's use to when on ball. The boys ran out comfortable victors.

Maybe Heeney and Chad to play HF and give a bit more on ball time to Adams and Parker? Or even Ollie?

Francis in defence.
Blakey on the wing.

Simples really.
You’re new around here, so I won’t enforce it this time.

But anyone who says “simples” earns an automatic 3 week ban + compulsory attendance at a Wayne Carey “how to be a better man” seminar.

You’re new around here, so I won’t enforce it this time.

But anyone who says “simples” earns an automatic 3 week ban + compulsory attendance at a Wayne Carey “how to be a better man” seminar. Simples

Harsh dude 😱

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You learn fast.

I like fast learners.
JHWF first post and point, in unpopular opinions, a thread they created, was that Rowy will never be elite. They'd want to learn fast.

And here we all are longing for his return.

Also no.2 was Mills being better in defence, which I'm on board with this week. So some redemption.

Pain.

I actually allowed myself to be lured into thinking that 34 year old Dane Rampe would be back this week after only missing one game with a soft tissue injury.

Pain.

I actually allowed myself to be lured into thinking that 34 year old Dane Rampe would be back this week after only missing one game with a soft tissue injury.

Ha ha yeah me too and I was like hey maybe that pcl is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back