Preview Round 21 v Port Adelaide Saturday 6th August 7.40pm Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

We have looked so much better the last two weeks when Miller and grimes went off.
mind boggling stuff from the selection committee.
Actually thought Miller was more than serviceable as a 2nd ruck. Very agile for his size and set up some good chains with contested possessions. With him in the side it provides more options for moving the magnets around than Soldo does.

Certainly agree Grimes hasn't been at his best and it might be a blessing in disguise with him having a rest.

So I assume Miller is the 2nd ruck? Surely Soldo a better ruck than Miller. If Gibcus is playing, Broad shouldnt be in the 22. We better not lose a runner early in the game as we will need our sub to replace a tall late to stay in this.
Broad is as great a runner and provides great springboard from the back half when he is given that role as he was earlier in the year where he was close to leading our B&F.

Weve had much worse lineups from Dimma to be fair. Personally id rather Soldo as the 2nd ruck over Miller or whoever we are going with. Then get Broad or Gibcus out of the 22 for a mid. So I think we got 20/22 spots right which is better than normal.

Personally I'd take Robert Schaefer, Simon Eastaugh or Tim Barling over Ivan Soldo.
And that's on Schaefer, Eastaugh and Barling's current form.

gonna severely melt when we get done

the poor selections every week , what they have done to stack, and the season going down the toilet all mixed up with alcohol

alright but he is useless at afl at this stage. absolutely terrible
Nah was good early and then Dimma got carried away playing him on Big Bud and he lost confidence.

Having said that we didn’t need a tall this week. Should have gone small

gonna severely melt when we get done

the poor selections every week , what they have done to stack, and the season going down the toilet all mixed up with alcohol

Unfortunately you’re proving what we all knew … you’d be unhappy no matter who we select. No Aarts, Castagna or Edwards, selecting youth and you are still melting. If Stack can get more than 13 touches he might put himself in the selection frame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally playing him in his proper position :drunk:
about time GIF

I hope we loose cos they ignored stack again and gifted another game to gibcus who has been s**t for 3 months

seriously gibcus has done absolutely nothing to get selected
You're not wrong unfortunately. Has done nothing at VFL level, in fact blokes like Tyler Young have outshone him. Can't see a match up that demands Gibcus play despite poor form... Unless we're really keen on putting Balta back up forward...

Actually thought Miller was more than serviceable as a 2nd ruck. Very agile for his size and set up some good chains with contested possessions. With him in the side it provides more options for moving the magnets around than Soldo does.

Certainly agree Grimes hasn't been at his best and it might be a blessing in disguise with him having a rest.
Agree, captancy doesn't suit every one

I think we’ve seen enough from Gibcus that it’s not really gifting games, it’s fast tracking his development because he’s going to be an excellent defender for us in the years to come.

Mind you I don’t like the inclusion here, I think we looked way better last week with one less tall, but I don’t think it’s gifting when the player is a long-term prospect and they’ve played under 50 games

Has nothing to do with whether we think he has a bright future he does and we have seen enough early this year but after a lacklustre 4-5 games in the seniors and when he was dropped to the ressies he didn't set the world on fire and now gets a call-up. He is 18, no need to be rushing him in, let him learn his craft without the added pressure. Blind Freddy could see there was no need for an extra tall.

I would not at all be surprised if he is a late out and either Manell or Dow come in. Wet weather and two of their tall forwards are out.

Gibcus in which means balta plays forward.
Dimma taking the piss now. He doesn’t care
how

balta takes grimes spot

gibcus takes millers spot down back and miller moves into the ruck.

not even that tall you campaigners. balta, gibcus, miller all move well. vlastuin isnt even tall and broad is a runner. tarrant the only truck back there but hes been good anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 21 v Port Adelaide Saturday 6th August 7.40pm Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back