Autopsy Round 22, 2021: Geelong v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

How good is it having a bloke who can find space inside 50 and stick marks??? Bloke is such a natural forward, have a feeling he'll be a tremendous long term player for us
He has "it" and it looks like he is in sync with King as well with their leads

5 goal lead let slip (Albeit very early)
Put no time into danger
More red time goals
After Geelong chipped it around for 3 minutes at the end we still had Ross on Danger.

I like Ratts, but reckon he gets outcoached a bit still. Geelong controlled the game from qtr time.
Who should we have put on Danger
Or should Ross have just done better

I like the Dunstan love. However let's just bring it back a peg or two. Getting the ball in one thing, doing something with it is another.
He better learn to hit a target.

I posted that seven and a half years ago. I hoped he would succeed, but amazed he made it to 100 games.
Thanks for your service.

I thought Dunstan had a stinker, probably the worst I've seen from him. Not at all saying he won't make it. But today he looked rushed, skill errors. Reminds me a bit of Armo in his younger days. Hopefully he builds a bigger tank and finds a bit of toe to give him more time to hit a target.

Posted six years ago. He didn't improve.
You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

So easy to see. Our recruiters back then were absolutely blind. It's almost criminal. :(

Geelong had 105 more disposals, 36 more marks, 11 more clearances, 13 more inside 50s and yet we were in it right till the end

Work rate and bigger bodies killed us, we were manhandled badly in the second half.

Reinforces what we know, we need our own big bodied tall mids that work both ways. Draft time cannot come soon enough.

Props to Sinclair, super ball use.

We will never be any good with Ross - Dunstan - Kent in our side

Dunstan has be ok last part of the year but gets found out against the good teams and Kent is just not an AFL player
Dunstan can't kick for sh*t. We cant have Crouch and Dunstan butchering the ball.

Ross just drives me crazy, like Dunstan his disposal is deplorable.

I am surprised Kent is getting bagged, thought he was ok. Still with Clark Gres, Bytel and others to come in, he can go to.

Hill 9 disposals 🙄
Seb.
Dunstan.
St.Kilda 🤬
At least it's over now. Play all the kids next week & Hanner's.
Sharman is looking like a very astute pick up.
Hawkins will be frisky after this game...He looks the type to lurk around public toilets between 2-4am.

Dunstan, Steele and Jones were all shit after half time, Crouch nominally better but not much. Never seen Steele so quiet for so long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anything we can get for Dunstan..just take and run..tbh Ross can go as well..I much rather keep Billings but it seems Ross will stay and JB and Dunny gone

They weren't that bad. Hill and Roma were real passengers. Roma is a ruck forward by the look of it.

Strange game. Some real positives and negatives. If you play that game with King at full fitness we probably win. If you play that game again with Geelong’s dominance in midfield then we probably lose by plenty. That kind of efficiency is great when it happens but it’s also not a sustainable way of scoring.

Put King on ice. He’s going to be a champion. Let him get his body ready for a big pre season.

Steele needs some help in that midfield. Can’t be relying on him to do it all. Can’t be fixed by trading either. Need some development from people within. Byrnes had a quiet day but he is one that needs to be prioritised. Hopefully Gresham can come on as we hope but who knows how he’ll come back from his injuries. Bytel also needs a big pre-season.

Glad they fought it out. We would have caved earlier in the year. Pity we couldn’t show that level of effort earlier in the year.

Some bad moments from senior players were really frustrating. Seb guarding space instead of sticking with their best player at the end. Seb’s bounce and **** up. Membrey’s drop mark. Howard going back and across at the end - I get what he was trying to do but it was terrible judgement. That’s not how you take the game on.

Dunstan has been a quality inclusion the second half of the year. He battles hard and is tough. He’s served his purpose for both us and himself. Given us an inside mid and set himself up for the next few years. I expect it won’t be with us and that’s fine. Has some good traits but he’ll have some major deficiencies that he’ll never drop. His refusal to get off the bloody mark, only to go wide to a poor option and miss the kick anyway. Such a momentum killer.

Sinclair is bloody good. His decision making and skill execution is above anyone else in the team.

More good signs from Sharman. Gets into good spots. A really natural footballer.

Are people serious about Marshall? He had a bad day but just last week he had 25 disposals and 29 hit outs against Hickey who might be in the AA team!

He can be great one week and shit the next can't he?

Would love a hard nosed coach to expose any pissant who thinks it’s acceptable to laugh with the oppo after a loss.
Put them in front of the group and ask them to repeat the joke.
You become what you accept. Do we accept Brad laughing after notching 9 touches, 3 of them resulting in direct oppo goals? Very funny lel.

We’re still lacking a leader in the ilk of Roo or Goddard that would put your head through the change room wall if they saw that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22, 2021: Geelong v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back