Review Round 22, 2022 - St Kilda vs Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against St Kilda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I vote for Max King?

Got away with one there due to their inability to kick.

McInerney played a great game against Marshall, Rayner obviously, Prior was very good, Matho played a role and did it well. Think I'll be controversial and give my fifth vote to Zorko who did a lot of team-first stuff against the tagger.

Positivity, baby!

5 day break and we looked it.
Good to get the momentum back our way, some lovely goals by Rayner.
I was happy with the ay we absorbed their pressure for a while, but then the damn broke and they got the run on.

Anyway, I liked a lot of aspects. We did some good work holding their stars down early.

Rayner McCluggage Starc Matho and Big O for me.

Saints were desperate but we held them off eventually.

Finally, lets all pay some respects for those who wanted to see Froggy play but were cruelly stopped

Hoping Cam takes a lot of confidence from that quarter. Needs to continue to back himself in to break tackles and take marks like he did in that last quarter. Every time we got the ball near him he made something happen.

Think I'll be controversial and give my fifth vote
I was even more controversial and edited the poll so we could actually give five votes.

Bloody ZoBlitz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bank the 4 points and move on…

In all seriousness changes do need to be made over the offseason. It’s obviously to late to do anything now for this year, but teams getting run ons against us and us completely ****ing the bed is no longer just a coincidence. To our credit tonight though the fight in the last quarter was good to see.

Hopefully that game was the making of Cam tonight. We needed someone in that last quarter and he was hugeee. Before they leave the ground they should all buy Max a beer though.

Even though I don’t think we’ll go far come finals time I am looking forward to what should be a massive build up and atmosphere to next weeks game now!

Think I'll be controversial and give my fifth vote to Zorko who did a lot of team-first stuff against the tagger.
I was going to be controversial and give my fifth to Andrews who actually stopped a lot of pushes forward, but Starce really had a complete game compared to most others.

Fantastic, dominant last quarter - held the Saints goalless!

(Do not go and review the game any closer otherwise you may question the wisdom of this comment.)

Zorko needs to be a better leader. IMO our capitulation in the third aligned fully with Zorkos attitude on the field. We look our absolute best when we're focused and Zorkos antics break our focus. We are basically the team version of Kyrgios. When we're focused, we are the best. When we let the antics slip in, we lose our shit and let the opposition back in.

Our ability to flick a switch and find a superb passage for 5-10 minutes is why I still think we can win it all. Need to bottle that and sustain it.

Cam Rayner's efforts were immense tonight, love how he plays his role for the team, it's the most un-selfish role.

Really poor 3rd quarter, still need to do better at wrestling back momentum without a quarter time break.

Really good win though, Saints had to win tonight to keep finals alive and they gave us their best. Back to the GABBA for an unreal test next week, boys should be right up for it.

s**t game from our so called premiership hopefuls. Lucky to get the win. Ordinary game management let’s listen to Fagan about learnings and good performance after 5dsy break. Great stuff Chris
Oh shut up.

Away wins are always tough.

We were almost gone at the last break but found a way to win against a desperate Saints team..

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 22, 2022 - St Kilda vs Brisbane Lions

Back