Autopsy Round 22, 2023 : Hawks leash the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Have just watched the replay , missed a large chunk of the game with a family birthday .

Well done to Scrim . Thought he was gone a month ago , last two weeks but particularly today brilliant . Only question is where was this intensity earlier in the year ( yes aware he had an injury )

Duke is a colossus. What a find and what a player we have. Cant add more than that.

Our midfield is quickly becoming a juggernaut in the comp . Cant wait to see it in 40 games . They will win us games alone . The dynamic, strength and skill is there and the synergy will continue to build .

Amon wont get the media but is almost recruit of year . What a schrewd get he has been . Understimate him at your peril and compliments the mids beautifully .

Wasnt a pretty game but great to win a manic contest . Will hold us in great stead as we go up the ladder .

5 months ago this side was not winning a game , tanking and unbalancing the competitiveness of the comp according to media.
Great effort all

Just watched both coaches press cons.

Even after a loss Sam is polite, respectful and insightful.

Bevo talks down to journalists wherever possible and tries to twist questions around to take max offence / make them look stupid. He sulks like a moody teenager.

Sam is not only an exciting coach, but he conducts himself so well. Love it!

Just watched both coaches press cons.

Even after a loss Sam is polite, respectful and insightful.

Bevo talks down to journalists wherever possible and tries to twist questions around to take max offence / make them look stupid. He sulks like a moody teenager.

Sam is not only an exciting coach, but he conducts himself so well. Love it!

Bevo runs distraction by being a tool towards journalists.

Bevo is cooked. Bulldogs know it and will be / should be looking elsewhere. Players know it.

I still for the life of me don't understand how Kozi didn't try and kick that snap goal at the end. He had kicked one from a similar spot earlier. He gets to take 30 secs off the clock and if he kicks it we win. So he elects to go short to Breust...WTF?

I still for the life of me don't understand how Kozi didn't try and kick that snap goal at the end. He had kicked one from a similar spot earlier. He gets to take 30 secs off the clock and if he kicks it we win. So he elects to go short to Breust...WTF?
It seemed 15 m to my biased eyes, Breust can kick that any day of the week, and it takes more time of the clock.

Can i just say a huge thanks to Bevo and crew for allowing Tim English to take the ball after the Mitchell Lewis point.

Complete brain fade of a move.

Noodle was impressive. Again.

Out of interest, if you kick backwards does that come off your "meters gained" stat? Does meters gained only work towards the end you're kicking?
You will do well if you ignore champion data it’s all one dimensional thinking masquerading as insightful.

The protected zone from the afl rulebook.

363883183_273238858752441_4310951778087771769_n.png
The AFL is an absolute joke and the umpires despite not having a feasible job are also clueless. Next week I want to see Dane rampe drop down from the goalpost and tackle an unsuspecting Brodie Smith.

Sam, McKenzie all said we would play our best footy in the second half, took a few games extra but it’s coming to fruition. I reckon burgess has had a huge impact, particularly kozi, Worpel, scrim, reeves (even wingard sucks about the injury), reckon we see some huge growth across the squad next year. Makes sense why Richmond’s team always felt really competitive in every position. We just look like a team who is building for finals, all about a big pre season and draft period now… plus a few more wins.

I just love the intensity, even when it’s not going our way, we pay no attention to the umpiring anymore. That would be club lead and our coaches are doing a first class job, seeing the intensity from scrim is huge.

I’ve seen Worpel and nuke doing a heeps of wrestling so must be a pretty key aspect to our training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was an impressive gritty win! backed up two weeks in a row against good teams!!! They have found the right physicl set-up and the players are getting better and better with the system.

-10 players above 20 possessions
-9 Separate goal kickers.

The AFL is an absolute joke and the umpires despite not having a feasible job are also clueless. Next week I want to see Dane rampe drop down from the goalpost and tackle an unsuspecting Brodie Smith.
Mate and I were both ropeable with that decision, how the hell can the oppo come from that position to lay a tackle. Absolute bullshit.

Noodle was impressive. Again.

Out of interest, if you kick backwards does that come off your "meters gained" stat? Does meters gained only work towards the end you're kicking?
Yes, you can and will have negative metres gained if you kick or handball backwards.

Amon tackle in the last minute !! Lose the grip and the dogs were off!! Brilliant. Sam after the game seem to go straight to Karl to let him know as well.
Scrimshaw stays. Trying to teach him the third tall role it seems, it took him a while to understand the role, but seems a lot more assured these few weeks.
Nuke was the bomb but I thought Day, Nash, Worps and ward were excellent as well.

Absolutely should have been 50 based on that diagram, clearly entered the square while Sic was still inside.

What is with the umps this weekend? Flagrant boundary line errors in today's game as well as the cats game.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230813-204342.png
    Screenshot_20230813-204342.png
    648.9 KB · Views: 161

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22, 2023 : Hawks leash the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back