Prediction Round 22, 2024: Changes vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they bring Hutchinson straight back in they must have big wraps on him (at least structurally), I'd be a little bit surprised even though I do rate him.

There is a chance Hall goes out of the team though as a last in/first out kind of move to get him practicing the wing role further in the WAFL. Won't be overly mad if he goes for Hutchinson but won't be mad if he retains his spot either.

yeah that's the one I thought, they kept showing replays of it , I swear the medias intention is to rub blokes out

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
They only replayed it once didn't they? And none of the commentators said anything about it being possibly looked at. Might be misremembering but it struck me as very odd at the time.

Jarrad Schofield indicated tonight on Channel 7 that Barrass also has some “hamstring awareness” in addition to his concussion. I reckon they’re going to keep him on ice for the season to maximise his trade value.

Bazzo potentially an inclusion. Allen going down back another option but probably not ideal.

Otherwise we pinch hit with Ginbey and Gov but that would be risky against Larkey, Comben and Teakle.

Send Darling back. Honestly now is the time to explore, especially with a bloke like Darling who is contracted for 2025 and with TB likely gone it’s not bad to have another key back option

I'd be sending BWill down back myself. Much more athletic and he's spent time down there already when covering opponent rucks.

Can jump, is fast, is a competitor, doesn't have to mark it can just spoil.

This would mean JWill takes prime ruck duties though or Flynn comes in for Harry Edwards and we keep the tall forwardline.

I feel like Darling would get burnt on a quick lead when he's not the initiator but the one reacting. His first few steps are so slow.

Alternatively just give Bazzo a crack or Rotham comes in and plays tall (not my preferred choice).

Jarrad Schofield indicated tonight on Channel 7 that Barrass also has some “hamstring awareness” in addition to his concussion. I reckon they’re going to keep him on ice for the season to maximise his trade value.

Bazzo potentially an inclusion. Allen going down back another option but probably not ideal.

Otherwise we pinch hit with Ginbey and Gov but that would be risky against Larkey, Comben and Teakle.
Dammit, we never seem to be able to play our best two KPD against North and spud Larkey always gets off the chain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he is also semi dirty on them for a multitude of reasons and could be possibly lying about the hamstring

Is Gov is in and Tom is out so be it. Just need to demand adequate compensation at the trade table.

As time goes on you do wonder if W.Schofield was a key agitator in the aftermath of the covid drama. Our previously AFL leading defence fell off a cliff. If players down there aren't happy **** 'em off I reckon. Perfect time to do it.

Time for the recruitment team to pluck another gem KPP from late/rookie draft.

Whoever floated BBW as worth a look at down back could be onto something. Worth exploring IMO as we are very thin after Harry and Bailey should have a grasp of the system and also a few pre-seasons under his belt. Could be a career saver if he finds something down there.

I'd be sending BWill down back myself. Much more athletic and he's spent time down there already when covering opponent rucks.

Can jump, is fast, is a competitor, doesn't have to mark it can just spoil.

This would mean JWill takes prime ruck duties though or Flynn comes in for Harry Edwards and we keep the tall forwardline.

I feel like Darling would get burnt on a quick lead when he's not the initiator but the one reacting. His first few steps are so slow.

Alternatively just give Bazzo a crack or Rotham comes in and plays tall (not my preferred choice).
I'd like to see this. I think B.Williams has improved his aerial presence a fair bit this year. Has taken some good marks behind the ball. He's athletic and a good scrapper at ground level and can't fault his effort.

More importantly, as much as I like him as a player, he doesn't appear to have forward craft, and is undersized for a main ruck. So if it's not in defence, I'm not sure where he fits longer term. Worth a shot.

Send Darling back. Honestly now is the time to explore, especially with a bloke like Darling who is contracted for 2025 and with TB likely gone it’s not bad to have another key back option

Back to the WAFL perhaps.

He can't play back. You need to be able to raise your arms to spoil to start with.

I'd like to see this. I think B.Williams has improved his aerial presence a fair bit this year. Has taken some good marks behind the ball. He's athletic and a good scrapper at ground level and can't fault his effort.

More importantly, as much as I like him as a player, he doesn't appear to have forward craft, and is undersized for a main ruck. So if it's not in defence, I'm not sure where he fits longer term. Worth a shot.

His contested marking of late is behind only Waterman really. He's got a good jump on him and is the same size as Naitanui, Goldstein, Xerri. Taller than Luke Jackson, 2cm off Sean Darcy and Harry Barnett... he's shorter than Gawn and Witts and a few other monsters but generally plays well against Gawn and beat Witts a couple of times on the tap last Friday. I think he just is coming from a long way back as a ruckman having not played there so much as forward in juniors. He's definitely improving his timing and I think will continue to get better. Also he's probably had less than 20 shots on goal in his entire AFL career, would like to actually see him given an actual opportunity up forward. Got on a good lead Friday night, directly in front 40m out and Maric put the easiest of passes 2m over his head rather than lace out. Was fuming, probably knew it was his only chance at a set shot for the night and the first in weeks and it was. Meanwhile Max King up the other end is kicking for his first goal in his last 10 shots. Bit of a whipping boy poor Bailey really.

Nah, we've seen enough up forward.

He doesn't have it, and we've got Allen, Waterman and Williams of the Jack variety that do.

It's KPD if he ain't a ruckman, and there is nothing wrong with that. I'd like to see him develop his defensive craft because he's got all the athletic attributes to succeed at AFL level if we can nail down his role.

Bazzo to play every game for the rest of the year with Barrass seemingly on ice.
Gonna be great with such a young backline.

Witho may hold his spot to help Gov direct the kids a bit

His contested marking of late is behind only Waterman really. He's got a good jump on him and is the same size as Naitanui, Goldstein, Xerri. Taller than Luke Jackson, 2cm off Sean Darcy and Harry Barnett... he's shorter than Gawn and Witts and a few other monsters but generally plays well against Gawn and beat Witts a couple of times on the tap last Friday. I think he just is coming from a long way back as a ruckman having not played there so much as forward in juniors. He's definitely improving his timing and I think will continue to get better. Also he's probably had less than 20 shots on goal in his entire AFL career, would like to actually see him given an actual opportunity up forward. Got on a good lead Friday night, directly in front 40m out and Maric put the easiest of passes 2m over his head rather than lace out. Was fuming, probably knew it was his only chance at a set shot for the night and the first in weeks and it was. Meanwhile Max King up the other end is kicking for his first goal in his last 10 shots. Bit of a whipping boy poor Bailey really.
Fair enough, and I'm not knocking him, I'm a fan. I'm not as concerned about his kicking as others. Just not sure he has the natural leading patterns and nous of a forward. No doubt he would improve with patience... but when we have Allen, Waterman, J.Williams and now A.Reid coming through he might struggle to hold his place long term in a balanced team. Since we're experimenting with 3 rounds left, would love to see what he brings in defence. He could become a viable swing-man... especially with that mo!

Fair enough, and I'm not knocking him, I'm a fan. I'm not as concerned about his kicking as others. Just not sure he has the natural leading patterns and nous of a forward. No doubt he would improve with patience... but when we have Allen, Waterman, J.Williams and now A.Reid coming through he might struggle to hold his place long term in a balanced team. Since we're experimenting with 3 rounds left, would love to see what he brings in defence. He could become a viable swing-man... especially with that mo!

All good I floated a switch to defence for him weeks ago so can see the appeal in that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back