round 22 changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

checker

Senior List
Mar 31, 2008
melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
i have heard a few different reports that toovey broke his foot last night and maxwell broke a bone in his hand!

id suspect to see thomas back into the side as well as reece. cox was impressive last night he should keep his spot and wellingham to be omitted.

In; thomas R.Shaw Iles brown

Out; maxwell toovey wellingham burns

Toovey and Burns will be out inj and I suspect Cook may have trouble holding his spot. Assume he does then Thomas, Rhyce come in. Dont think Brown will come back as suspect they will give Cox another go.

Wow Toovey is no big Loss but Burns could be a Big Loss.

In:Brown Daisy R Shaw

Out:Cox Toovey Burns

I seriously doubt that Thomas will return this week. If he has problems with inflammation behind his knee I doubt they will ship him on a plane over to Perth.
agree, give him a rest before finals, we need his form that he had after the mid-season break! AND most importantly him to be FULLY fit!

Surely Stanley should be given a run in the middle ahead of Iles, given that he was seen as the likely replacement for Burns when he was recruited. We're talking clearances here, and Stanley has the best credentials at VFL level. I would like to see him given the opportunity to play in the position he plays best. He has been 3 years with the club. Should he be delisted? Lets find out.

Rest Wakelin and bring in Brown so that he can catch up with his brother. Bring in Thomas and Shaw, and drop Wellingham and Toovey (inj?). Retain Dawes for team balance - he also ooks like he could play CHB if need be.

Yep no point rushing guys back from injurie just before finals.

I think

Out: Toovey Burns

In: Stanley Brown

Brown to get round 2 on the Pav, Stanley for Burns. Some people may not realise how important Burns is around stoppages even when he doesn't win it, his blocking work and efforts to get hands on it and hold it up are second to none in our side. We can't replace that with anything other then a big hard nut mid like Stanners.

Rhyce sits out another week as nobody has been poor enough to give their spot away to him and he doesn't have a spot based on team balance.

OUT: Burns (inj.), Toovey (inj.)
IN: Stanley, R Shaw

Would also be fine with Stanners and Browny as the INs.

I would be Fine with That.

But Wakes looked a Bit Sore at time. So I would not be Surprised if Wakes is left Home and Brown takes his spot in the Defense:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we get Cousins to suit up for us this week.

But anyway, i honestly just can't see what Toovey brings to the team, didn't do much of anything against the Swans. I think he should be dropped back to the VFL, we can't carry him in the finals.

When judging a defender who is clearly given a role please pay attention to his direct opponent. O'Keefe has been out of sorts, but is an AA foward who was kept goalless, Got most of his possies long after the game was decided and even then they were mostly up around the wings. Toovey's last month has been o.k.

He played well on Williams from Hawthorn, Was o.k against the saint's. Poor against port (the sooner mick figures out Toov's needs to be kept away from the midfield even as a tagger the better.) Was good last night against the swans.

Gets a poor wrap because he looks so unco and had such a horror start last year. I don't think his a extremely good player, heck I doubt he is even a 100 game player, but he is doing a role atm and not being carried

B: O'Brien - Wakelin - Maxwell
HB: Clarke - Brown - Cox
C: Lockyer - O'Bree - Pendlebury
HF: Davis - Cloke - Thomas
F: Medhurst - Dawes - Anthony
FL: Fraser - Swan - R. Shaw
INT:Wellingham - McCarthy - Goldsack - Bryan

What i think might happen:

In: R.Shaw, Stanley
Out: Burns, Wellingham (or Toovey if injured)

With the possibility of Brown coming in for Wakelin. Stanley is a long shot, but i'm not sure who else would come in.

IN - D.Stanley, R.Shaw, N.Brown

OUT - S.Burns, S.Wellingham, A.Toovey

Also depending on inj status...

IN - A.Rocca, D.Thomas

OUT - C.Dawes, R.Cook

In
Thomas, R.Shaw, Brown, Stanley
Out
Toovey(inj), Burns(inj), Cook, Wakelin(rest)

A few things-

Maxwell could still go out due to injury, and Thomas might not pull up so Cook could be lucky hold a spot (not that he has been that bad)

Wakes should have a rest with brown back in, anyway Freo doesnt have a major powerhouse foward without Pav.

OUT: Burns (inj.), Toovey (inj.)
IN: Stanley, R Shaw

Would also be fine with Stanners and Browny as the INs.
Changed my mind. Brown should definitely come in as he did a great job on Pav last time around.

Changed my mind. Brown should definitely come in as he did a great job on Pav last time around.
Agree with TRS if Pav plays. Browny had Pav way up on the wings last time.
Looking forward to seeing Rhyse back, we miss his run and carry. He butchers a bit but has had a really good season at 21 disp's a game while tagging.

Remove this Banner Ad

round 22 changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back