round 22 changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

I suppose Dave makes a fair point though, there's nothing for Freo to play for in round 22, Pav may not return. It would be an unusual stroke of luck for us though.

B: O'Brien - Wakelin - Maxwell
HB: Clarke - Brown - Cox
C: Lockyer - O'Bree - Pendlebury
HF: Davis - Cloke - Thomas
F: Medhurst - Dawes - Anthony
FL: Fraser - Swan - R. Shaw
INT:Wellingham - McCarthy - Goldsack - Bryan

FFS just say who is in and out.

i see a few people mentioning stanley as an in.

stanners didnt play this weeks vfl game due to suspension.

i doubt MM would throw him into the afl with a week out of the vfl.

yes obviously hasnt lost any fitness, i just think it'd be rare if they bought him straight back in after barely playing him all year.

yes obviously hasnt lost any fitness, i just think it'd be rare if they bought him straight back in after barely playing him all year.

Against Nth they called Ried up who had 3 AFL games to his name and had missed 2 weeks of VFL with injury, then later played him after he had played one VFL game in about 4 weeks.

They recalled Toovey straight from injury into the AFL too IIRC (he may have played a average game in the two's before being recalled.)

I see what your saying in that his been playing good footy in the two's and not getting a game so why would he get a game when he didn't play in the two's. My answer to that would be maybe they are concerned about a one paced midfield and having O'Bree Burns and Stanley in the same team wouldn't be great for the balance of the midfield, especcially when you add Pendles and Didak who aren't really quick either, so while Burns and O'Bree has been fit maybe they haven't seen the need for Stanners, now with Burns injured there is a need, and a spot for him.

It's like for like as far as Stanley is concerned. He came in for O'Bree then was a late withdrawal. If Burns does not make the trip, then we need another clearance player so Stanley comes in.

Rhyce comes in for Toovey - think that one is slightly like for like as well as far as MM is concerned. I know we don't see Toovey as run-with but MM does.

Thomas in for Wellingham if he is fit. I have no problem with resting him another week to have him fresh for finals though.

I'd be tempted to give Brown another week and maybe play him in the VFL to freshen him up even more. It's a big season for a young KPB. If Wakes needs a rest then he comes in though.

So for mine:

In: Stanley, R. Shaw, Thomas (if fit)
Out: Burns, Toovey, Wellingham

Changed my mind. Brown should definitely come in as he did a great job on Pav last time around.
Pav is definitley not going to play so dont worry about him. Has stress fracture in his foot, would be the stupidest move ever to play him in a meaningless match for Fremantle.
Daisy and Burns will definitley miss. R Shaw and Stanley i reckon will come in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen a lot of ill founded rumours on Bigfooty. Is there an actual reliable media announcemnt on it?

This was in the members only email from Mick

The other part I highlighted indicates that Cox will stay in the side and may play a more midfield/wing role which a lot of people on this site have advocated for quite a while about.

It was an outstanding performance. I thought it was a terrific game from our players. We had a long list of players who were out injured so we went in with a pretty young side.

I just thought it was a very good result for effort.

I still have a great deal of respect for Sydney, their team and their coach, and I think that they are a never say die side and we had to keep the pressure on them all night.

The boys were able to do that. I think it was typified by Alan Toovey who has set a new standard for playing for the team. He felt something go in his foot in the first quarter and had some treatment so he could get back on the ground.

He played the entire game with a broken bone in his foot. Towards the end of the game he hurt his shoulder as well and he got up and continued to play his role which gave us the opportunity when we lost Scott Burns to be able to rotate a few players.

Toovey will go in tomorrow to have a pin placed in his foot, so he won't play for the rest of the year. He has now set such a standard that our player group now can't let him down.

The two recent additions in McCarthy and Dawes are not setting the world on fire but they are holding up and giving us some targets. They are enthusiastic, they are hard, and they play for the team, so they have set a wonderful standard.

Ryan Cook is now establishing himself within the side which is terrific for him. Shannon Cox coming into the side for his third game of the year played his role very well. He will continue to get many roles. He went forward and back and played on the wing. I think the next stage for him is to play in the middle and we wouldn’t mind doing that against Fremantle this week.

We were collectively about 40 years younger which in football terms is probably between 40 to 50 games. The significance of that is you need enthusiasm mixed with courage to play against a hardened side like Sydney. I thought the boys were terrific.

We now play Fremantle on their ground. They still are one of the hardest sides to beat and that's been proven. Whilst they are on the bottom side of the ladder it's a false position on the ladder. Because they have only been beaten badly once or twice and the rest of the time it's always been one or two kicks, that's why I think it's a false position on the ladder.

If you look at Fremantle's recent form, they play like a team in the top eight. This is why it will be another great test for us.

mm_signature.jpg

My changes would be:

Out: Burns, Toovey, Wakes, (Wellingham)
In: Stanley, Rhyce, Brown, (Thomas)

Only a 6 day break so I think Wakes should be rested for the finals and as TRS stated, Brown was fantastic against Pav last time.

If Thomas is fully 100% fit I would swap him for Wellingham however if there is any worry about him then Wellingham should get another chance.

Stanley is the perfect replacement for Burns who plays a similar role. I expect Stanley to become a regular but only when one of Burns or O'Bree are not in the side.

Also I feel for Toovey even though he is far from my favourite player but he won't be back this year - he may have earnt another year though in the last few weeks. We do need to get Rhyce a game to get back into the swing of AFL before the finals though so he is a natural inclusion.

Go Pies

Burns has torn his calf and is out for 4 weeks.
Thomas knee wont play this week could only run at 50% today.
Brown is back
Many sore players in Maxwell shoulder, Davis ankle, Medhurst, Swan and Wakelin
McCaffrey will play this week

Brown is back
Can you give us a hint about a source?

Shit, if this is true, is this the last we have seen of Burns?

Brown is back
inconceivable-1.jpg

FREMANTLE skipper Matthew Pavlich has been ruled out of Friday night's clash with Collingwood due to a foot injury. Pavlich, who has battled knee soreness in the second half of the season, was a late withdrawal from last week's seven-point loss to Richmond.
Dockers coach Mark Harvey said Pavlich's knee problems had led to a hot spot in the skipper's foot.

"He won't play, that is it for Pav," Harvey told 6PR.

"He has developed a stress hot spot in his foot and we think it is on the back of his knee (injury).

"That is the unfortunate path, we won't see Matthew Pavlich this Friday night but having said that we have played really well in the two games we have not had him."

I'm not keen on Brown in for Dawes, as I think our forward structure seems to be far less effective when Browny has been in there. Give Dawes another week, we've been playing well while he's been there.
Unsure how resting Wakes or Brown would affect them leading into finals.
Both need to be there for the elimination final.

OUT: Bryan, Toovey, Burns

IN: Wood, Shaw, Stanley

Remove this Banner Ad

round 22 changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back