Review Round 22 - Essendon @ Marvel Stadium - 10th August 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

^ trying to reverse the curse here
So, I come in peace… I’m a surrogate Suns supporter. What’s the mood of the meeting this week, can the Suns break the away hoodoo?

Logic, from a Bomber fan perspective suggests Bombers have too much to play for and should find a way at home. Most Bomber fans are channeling ‘Essington’ vibes though, shaping as a typical Essendon loss when lots at stake.

Both teams to me are not quite there just yet. Both teams rely on midfield ascendency and I think that’s where the game sits. Maybe the Bomber crowd gets the Bombers home.. Just.

May the best team win 👍

Might as well play some of the kids the last 3 weeks and get some development in.

Rogers and Walter to come in.

Some weak performances in the 1s, take your pick.
Agreed 100 percent. Suns will be better next year Anderson brownlow to come up in 2025.

Get around your players, your club and your team…..Geeeee.
VIC Fans fire up, help us grow the F Up and be there for us.
Break The Curse. Can still be a good season this one.
I’ve been quite impressed with the increase in Suns support at games in Melbourne. Giants too.. Tgere seems to be a decent cohort of support at games now. What would the numbers be at games in Melbourne? ~500 or so? This would be double 4-5 years ago at least. Good to see.

Time to earn your money hardwick, plonk humphrey onto merret, davies one on with with caldwell

So, I come in peace… I’m a surrogate Suns supporter. What’s the mood of the meeting this week, can the Suns break the away hoodoo?

Logic, from a Bomber fan perspective suggests Bombers have too much to play for and should find a way at home. Most Bomber fans are channeling ‘Essington’ vibes though, shaping as a typical Essendon loss when lots at stake.

Both teams to me are not quite there just yet. Both teams rely on midfield ascendency and I think that’s where the game sits. Maybe the Bomber crowd gets the Bombers home.. Just.

May the best team win
Watch Merrett Parish Shiel Caldwell and Durham absolutely obliterate our midfield.

Sent from my SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just watched footage of the Essendon big precious VFL club players and fans carrying on at Fulltime last weekend.

I can’t wait to see them crying salty tears when we beat them this week.

VIC Fans-get there. This will be special. We all play a part. We are the GC.
I wish l shared your confidence Bodsy l really do.

I think we all know that at some point in time it’s just going to click and we will have some massive wins, let’s hope that it happens this week, and for those who think it can’t just look at the Hawks last 6 weeks.

Belief is everything

May the best team win 👍
The mood?
discussion reviews GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it worth trying a Mahoney, Brock.or Faulkhead before delisting season
Faulkhead the only one worth a spot to try. Put him on a wing and see if he is near the level. The others aren’t in positions we are deficit in right now. Maybe Brock if we want Mac forward full time, but not sure on that.

Touk still a week away.

Agreed that winning is more important. 1-2 changes are probably needed. But really, our list is what it is right now. A few coaching tweaks and trials (e.g Mac forward, Humphrey mid, Noah more outside, Rowell more forward, maybe Touk more defence or wing, Rosas or Long at stoppages etc.) are all I’d be expecting.

I thought Faulkhead was really unlucky at the end of last year not to play in the Hobart game we don’t speak about.

Struggled early this year, had injury issues but his last few weeks have been good. Would love to see him get a go

Mahony no, Brock’s best month and a bit of footy. But still seems a fair way off it

Going by Dimma's comments today wouldn't be surprised if Humphrey is back in the 2s this week.
Or Johnston, Jeffrey, Fiorini, Swallow, Sexton. Take your pick😀 For sure, Davies is in and so is Day if he’s ready. Or will we see Walter and Rogers?

Last edited:
Luko dropped.
If you drop him then you don’t trade him no way. His value is now way lower.
Rattle his cage and see what he does in the off season and next season.

Well done Dimma. For all his skills his lack of AFL level intensity needs to be confronted.

If you drop him then you don’t trade him no way. His value is now way lower.
Rattle his cage and see what he does in the off season and next season.

Well done Dimma. For all his skills his lack of AFL level intensity needs to be confronted.
Well done Dimma finally some selection integrity

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 22 - Essendon @ Marvel Stadium - 10th August 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back