Review Round 22 - Essendon @ Marvel Stadium - 10th August 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Luko at least has a chance to hit that pass. Walter has been a non-factor again. Not sure what our instructions to him are but I think he needs a change of role. Maybe super deep, allowing Mac and King to roam.

That bit of commentating sums us up. We can kick it to where we want the forward to be (kick poorly mind you), but the forward just isn’t there as they are actively working themselves out of position.

not much to cheer about.

happy to watch big mac fight for the the club

yeah look, its gonna be hilarious when essendon lose this. they think theyve won this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And more on hands in the back. A few years ago, two hands was just a free. Fine.

This year, it is or it isn’t depending on the ump etc. Why make a rule that was easier to interpret into a rule that is not? I just don’t get it. No wonder players get frustrated.

Seen Tom Hawkins do that same hands in the back to us for the last 10 years

We need to pay Tom Hawkins to come coach Walter

Disgraceful call, open forward line and 10 non calls before it
That’s what I hate. Sometimes it has been called tonight. Other times not. I don’t blame the umps, entirely. The rule has too much “interpretation” involved, which is a problem. But players clearly don’t understand it and it is why Mac went off the handle (silly) and gave away a free.

Walter should be our new Casboult, but he just doesn’t read the ball well. Always two meters away from where he jumps and where the ball is. He can’t beat his player with strength to get on the lead, which is clearly what he is used to. But near the goal square and forward rucking he might have an impact. He definitely needs more time than someone like King, who had more tricks when he came in as a forward. Walter will be a few years away I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 22 - Essendon @ Marvel Stadium - 10th August 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back