Game Day Round 22 vs. Sydney, SCG, 7:40pm Friday 09/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

1st of 3 more elimination finals we have to play and still may not make real finals ☹️

One loss too many. I have a hard time getting the ladder predictor to get us in the 8. Other results really have to go our way too.

JDG been a big loss for chunks of this season. Bad time to lose him for the rest of it now.

What has happened to Sydney? We are still a really good chance now with their recent form.

That last night, was the best team we’ve had in the park in months.

Minimal changes.

JDG OUT
Sullivan IN (sub)
Lipinski into the 22

No spot for Krueger now with Cox and McStay in.

Don’t think we change anything else. Rest of the fringe / VFL blokes need to stay there now while we have our last ditch attempt at finals. All three remaining games are must win.

Also can we make a big deal of every Pendles game now? Boys definitely lifted for it. #SP4#SP401

1st of 3 more elimination finals we have to play and still may not make real finals ☹️

One loss too many. I have a hard time getting the ladder predictor to get us in the 8. Other results really have to go our way too.

JDG been a big loss for chunks of this season. Bad time to lose him for the rest of it now.

What has happened to Sydney? We are still a really good chance now with their recent form.
I think we are done but tonight was a lovely bonus in an otherwise frustrating year.
I think we have another tilt at it left in this group so bring on 2025 and some luck with injury.

The 6 day break and travel means ideally some fresh legs in

Kreuger for JDG seems logical
Lipinski in to the 22 for Long likely , not that Lippa really deserves it
Maybe Richards or Sullivan as the sub?

Swans board all sounded so calm in their melts on the game last night and loss of form over the last month 😳🤣

Remember thinking last night just didn't look right.
Out Degooey Long Schultz/lipinski
In Harrison (takes degooeys role can push foward)Allen (takes the long role) Krueger(Go taller in the foward line for the small ground. Takes out a small foward role). Could make him sub if structure changes. What I'd do is start Kruger and make Schultz sub.

Out DeGoey/Bytel
In 2of Richards/HH/Allan
Long can run with a Parker or Warner, purely as a bigger defensive body?
Bytel just guards grass.
Lipinski very very lucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Swans don't win the flag this year will these toilet trained footy media people go hard on them. Not at all. However if it was the pies in a similar position different story. The Swannywobbles have been the biggest chokers in recent time on the big day. Other than a close loss to WCE in 2006 they have been smashed in all their GF's and finals.
I hope we smash that smug team next Friday.

I’m not sure how Ned Long can survive after it being the 5th game in a row he’s failed to register over 10 possessions despite playing mostly in the middle. He surely can’t be considered for his defensive ability when he was burned by Cripps every time he was on him.
I'd like to know what it is that Long shows that allows him to have a string of full games instead of being subbed/dropped like Macrae/Reef. I can't remember one moment/passage of play with Long where I was like wow there's something there.

Maybe it's the simple fact he's a SSP/mid season draft. We seem to give those guys easy debuts and a run of games whilst our first round picks don't get picked unless they've dominated for months and get dropped the second they have a low impact game in the seniors.

… they have a low impact game in the seniors.
let’s not pretend this isn’t every single one of Macrae’s games. It’s not like he was dominating for a month and then had one down game. He’s consistently been putrid, twice so much so that we’ve pulled the trigger on the sub well before we ordinarily do.

The emergency comes from the squad. It’s 2 out, 2 in.
It can’t possibly be. You’re taking two starters out, promoting the sub into the starting side and nominating Richards to take that sub spot. Those changes are one starter short.

Put another way, you’ve got two coming out for one to come in. Lipinski was already in the 23.

Need to keep changes to a minimum, allow the boys to build continuity - something we haven’t been afforded due to injury.

Out - DeGoey
In - Harrison, Lipinski
Sub - Long

Harrison with a freshen up will help the connection from half back to half forward & is a big body around the contest.

Long reminds me of a modern day Rupert Wills, can’t really run out a whole game, but he’ll do a job. With the Sydney mids being relatively big bodies, coming in as a sub late into the 3rd might just be enough to curb their influence.

As a result, Lipinski into the 22, again throwing more mid/forwards into the mix to break down Sydney’s biggest strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back