Game Day Round 22 vs. Sydney, SCG, 7:40pm Friday 09/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the season one round longer this year? So does the old 13 wins plays finals rule of thumb now become 14 wins?
If we win our remaining games we will have 56 points.
That’s 14 wins.

Crazy thing about this season is, even 14 may not get you in depending on percentage
If by some miracle we win the next three, I reckon we will get in.

Wouldn’t surprise to see some pretty big upsets.

I admire your optimism greatly I really do and wish I could muster some. However, I think without Jordy we are stuffed. The only other bull we have in the team is Bruzzy and it's the aggressive attitude of players like these two (I may have missed someone - maybe Kreuger?), that is a prerequisite for success in finals I reckon. Hope I'm wrong. ;)
How on earth do you forget Mcreery? Were you not watching Saturday nights game?
That’s why I’m a strong advocate to have both in our midfield. Now that we’re missing Titch, De Goey and Adam’s (from last year)

It do or die on friday. Either we survive another week, or season over.
We've already played two elimination finals the past two weeks. We have 3 more to go to even make finals.
Then an actual elimination final awaits.

Every game now is must win. 7 more wins in a row would = back to back. Not impossible, but highly improbable. The three more wins required from the H&A season seems highly improbable, unless we can recapture our high pressure game which we played for 3 quarter on Saturday night.

How on earth do you forget Mcreery? Were you not watching Saturday nights game?
What an insult!!!! :D ;) Of course, I watched Saturday night's game.... every second of it!!!!
Beau played a great game and is a tackling beast, so I take your point about him. I guess I was basing my statement on consistent input over a much longer retrospective time frame and in big games, like finals.

We've already played two elimination finals the past two weeks. We have 3 more to go to even make finals.
Then an actual elimination final awaits.

Every game now is must win. 7 more wins in a row would = back to back. Not impossible, but highly improbable. The three more wins required from the H&A season seems highly improbable, unless we can recapture our high pressure game which we played for 3 quarter on Saturday night.

I actually think these next 3 weeks are the hard part

I have a sneaking suspicion that if we somehow sneak into finals, we'll be the team to watch out for

Hoping Fly has them in the mental space of "forget what's happened to this point. Our practice shot of season 2024 wasn't great. Season 2024 actually starts now"

Just reset and start fresh. The bye should really help with that

I actually think these next 3 weeks are the hard part

I have a sneaking suspicion that if we somehow sneak into finals, we'll be the team to watch out for

Hoping Fly has them in the mental space of "forget what's happened to this point. Our practice shot of season 2024 wasn't great. Season 2024 actually starts now"

Just reset and start fresh. The bye should really help with that
I tend to agree - if we get into the finals, we'll be a genuine contender from outside top 4.
We've been there before - we know what to do.

We were written off last season headed into the finals, then found something extra to win the three games. Reckon if we can qualify, we'll lift for the finals.

All these freakin interstate teams in it will mean some trips!

I tend to agree - if we get into the finals, we'll be a genuine contender from outside top 4.
We've been there before - we know what to do.

We were written off last season headed into the finals, then found something extra to win the three games. Reckon if we can qualify, we'll lift for the finals.

All these freakin interstate teams in it will mean some trips!
We also had jordy. Mitchell and Checkers.
I'm not sure we can win a final without them.

Also very different senario. We were that far at the top of ladder, we werent written off in terms of playing finals, just some sceptics on winning the flag given our losses. But we are struggling to make finals at this point, so very different situations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We also had jordy. Mitchell and Checkers.
I'm not sure we can win a final without them.

Also very different senario. We were that far at the top of ladder, we werent written off in terms of playing finals, just some sceptics on winning the flag given our losses. But we are struggling to make finals at this point, so very different situations.

It's ultimately about form heading into finals.

Our form heading into finals last year wasn't great and we managed to win it with three very close games we could have just as easily lost.

If we win our next 3 we'll be heading into finals in better form than we were last year.

Given Long didn't contribute much against the scum, I'd replace him with Allan this week.
Ed's got more tricks and he's quick enough to go with anyone.
Play him as a mid, not a winger or half back.

Given Long didn't contribute much against the scum, I'd replace him with Allan this week.

I'd normally be up for giving him a chance, but for as long as our games are do or die, we can't afford to let him play yet, IMO.

DeGoey a huge out. Would like to see us get Krueger back into the side and play him alongside McStay and Cox.
Elliott or Schultz can spend some time in the midfield and give Steele some minutes up forward - we know he is creative, wouldn't mind seeing him used up forward more.

I reckon we only play one of Long or Bytel... Possibly bring in Harrison, Richards or Markov as the sub. Lipinski into the 22.

B - Quaynor Frampton Howe
HB - Maynard Moore Noble
C - J.Daicos N.Daicos Sidebottom
HF - McCreery McStay Hill
F - Schultz Cox Elliott
R - Cameron Crisp Pendlebury
INT - WHE Lipinski Krueger Long/Bytel
SUB - Harrison/Richards//Markov

If we lose this week & no chance of making finals, by all means give these kids a run then.

But not whilst we're still in with a chance.

B: Quaynor - Frampton- Howe
HB: Maynard - Moore - Markov
C: J.Daicos - N.Daicos - Sidebottom
HF: McCreery - McStay - Hill
F: WHE - Cox - Elliott
R: Cameron- Crisp- Pendlebury
INT: Schultz - Noble - Kreuger - Bytel
SUB: Harrison

Em: Richards, Sullivan, Lipinski

B: Quaynor - Frampton- Howe
HB: Maynard - Moore - Markov
C: J.Daicos - N.Daicos - Sidebottom
HF: McCreery - McStay - Hill
F: WHE - Cox - Elliott
R: Cameron- Crisp- Pendlebury
INT: Schultz - Noble - Kreuger - Bytel
SUB: Harrison

Em: Richards, Sullivan, Lipinski
Bytel ahead of Lippa? - I highly doubt that ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back