Game Day Round 22 vs. Sydney, SCG, 7:40pm Friday 09/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cupboard is pretty bare and unlike the others in contention to support Pendles, Nick and Crisp, he has played a couple of good games from the centre square.

I used to be a big Lipinski fan but he just hasn’t been the same since his shoulder injury last year. He showed a bit in first half of this season but has made minimal contribution over the past couple of months.

I’d prefer to see any of Elliott, McCreery, Schultz or Harrison get midfield minutes over Lipinski. They’re all faster, more agile and all tackle hard. Even Parker and Sullivan would be better choices, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I used to be a big Lipinski fan but he just hasn’t been the same since his shoulder injury last year. He showed a bit in first half of this season but has made minimal contribution over the past couple of months.

I’d prefer to see any of Elliott, McCreery, Schultz or Harrison get midfield minutes over Lipinski. They’re all faster, more agile and all tackle hard. Even Parker and Sullivan would be better choices, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I don't think there's a good answer. McCreery and Schultz are more important for stopping transition. I'd be tempted to go with Sidebottom. Maybe Sullivan.

You’ll never give it up while you deny that you have a problem. ;)
I'm in trouble if one glass of red in 2 years is a problem 🥴

I did wonder if it may have contributed to me actually believing we could win on Friday night & then imagining a GF replay the following week keeping our finals chances alive 😂

I'm in trouble if one glass of red in 2 years is a problem 🥴

I did wonder if it may have contributed to me actually believing we could win on Friday night & then imagining a GF replay the following week keeping our finals chances alive 😂
Hey, fwiw, I am dreaming the same dream man. It isn't wine, or any other drug.
It is just the endless emotional wringer of the universe that every lover of the Pies experiences. It is a law of nature. The black hole of despair tries to suck you into a vortex, but you always fight to defy it by searching out that extra bit of kinetic energy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, fwiw, I am dreaming the same dream man. It isn't wine, or any other drug.
It is just the endless emotional wringer of the universe that every lover of the Pies experiences. It is a law of nature. The black hole of despair tries to suck you into a vortex, but you always fight to defy it by searching out that extra bit of kinetic energy.
Sounds like you're off ya chops 😂

Yeah, I really am. I am doing everything i can to avoid getting sucked into the vortex.
I am watching the Olympics to see if I can get any hints there about how to elevate my kinetic energy.
Been hearing the pole vault has been elevating. Well, depends on who’s view point I guess.

We should expect a very aggressive first quarter from Sydney Friday. If I were the Sydney coach I’d be dropping some senior players and giving the fringe players a go.

Provided we can withstand that and impose our own game style, we are in with a really good chance. We travel really well, not so excited about playing at the SCG but we are in with a good chance.

Crisp will need to play the Degoey line breaking role. That will be key in the midfield.

The rest of the team just needs to be clean, we take out chances we win…we can’t afford to be wasteful.

With our pressure and X factor, Sydney will be very concerned playing us atm.

Tipping a Collingwood 10 goal win by 5 points.

We should expect a very aggressive first quarter from Sydney Friday. If I were the Sydney coach I’d be dropping some senior players and giving the fringe players a go.

Provided we can withstand that and impose our own game style, we are in with a really good chance. We travel really well, not so excited about playing at the SCG but we are in with a good chance.

Crisp will need to play the Degoey line breaking role. That will be key in the midfield.

The rest of the team just needs to be clean, we take out chances we win…we can’t afford to be wasteful.

With our pressure and X factor, Sydney will be very concerned playing us atm.

Tipping a Collingwood 10 goal win by 5 points.
They haven't had a strong first qtr all year. Even when they were playing well & winning.

Hopefully it continues.

The result of this game will primarily depend on how Sydney responds to their 100 point loss. If they respond positively they'll win, if not then we have a real chance even without JDG. I will predict that their effort will be improved to a level that will make them very competitive but it would be a huge sudden turnaround to instantly find their old form. I think we will be in the game all the way.

Pies by 1 point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back