Game Day Round 22 vs. Sydney, SCG, 7:40pm Friday 09/08

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL wants the important "finals determining" games to happen late on Sunday.
this game still could be finals determining for us - IF we win the next two.

Maybe they're also hedging their bets - Friday night is prime time for TV so reckon they've done this just in case there is a glimmer of hope for finals for us - they also will always get the ratings for our game anyway.

Why would we be the Friday night?
Dead rubber.
Hey, Macca. How have you been doing the past six weeks or so since I've been on hiatus? I was thinking of you when we lost those four in a row and, having been on board with you saying we'd win them, I was equally shattered.

Since we are both scholarly blokes, why do you think Pies do better when we are absolutely pumped and super confident as supporters, or times like this, when we find ourselves doubtful and pessimistic?

I'm going to stay the latter and not get my hopes up. I'd prefer to be backed against a wall. I have three cats, so they, like us, can just come out biting and scratching. The counter-attack is always unexpected, and generally fruitful.

It won't be a dead rubber. Just an inkling. So stay humble, but hopeful. We've done FAR better without our best blokes in this year. Playing the hand we are dealt 👍

this game still could be finals determining for us - IF we win the next two.

Maybe they're also hedging their bets - Friday night is prime time for TV so reckon they've done this just in case there is a glimmer of hope for finals for us - they also will always get the ratings for our game anyway.
Fixturing Friday games can be challenging. You can't give teams a 5 day break coming into rd 24 so that only left the other Friday options as
Bris v Ess
Syd v Ade
Fre v Port

None of which are MCG games.

Or maybe Darcy flew early to go visit Grundy and Adams
I dont get the sense thats the team's hotel.
Looks more like a housing property
He's got all off season to visit Grundy & Adams 🥴

Bit too chummy for a do or die game imo if that's the case.

Fly up together as a team..what happened to all that?

He's got all off season to visit Grundy & Adams 🥴

Bit too chummy for a do or die game imo if that's the case.

Fly up together as a team..what happened to all that?
Yeah, no idea. Maybe he got some promo stuff to do up there for the game. But definitely doesn't look like a hotel. So I would guarantee its one of the duo's places.

I used to be a big Lipinski fan but he just hasn’t been the same since his shoulder injury last year. He showed a bit in first half of this season but has made minimal contribution over the past couple of months.

I’d prefer to see any of Elliott, McCreery, Schultz or Harrison get midfield minutes over Lipinski. They’re all faster, more agile and all tackle hard. Even Parker and Sullivan would be better choices, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep he looks gun shy trying to tackle or going for hard ball gets .. needs a Psych maybe?

We played with intensity, pressure & passion last night. For time since the bye.

We won. Got the 4 points.

And broke Carlton's hearts in the process.

How any Pie supporter could find anything negative about last night, defies belief.

Some of us are capable of casting a neutral eye over a contest after it's done, to look at the numbers, give credit (including to the opposition) where appropriate, whilst always searching for ways we could improve whether we've won or lost.

Others, well they seem to believe Collingwood can never do any wrong after a win, though I dare say if that McGovern kick had of sailed through those same people wouldn't have been very forthcoming with the plaudits you have provided.

It was a great win but it could have so easily ended up being a humilitating disaster so forgive me for wanting to look at the bigger picture, to next week, next year and explore how we can continue to get better.

Some of us are capable of casting a neutral eye over a contest after it's done, to look at the numbers, give credit (including to the opposition) where appropriate, whilst always searching for ways we could improve whether we've won or lost.

Others, well they seem to believe Collingwood can never do any wrong after a win, though I dare say if that McGovern kick had of sailed through those same people wouldn't have been very forthcoming with the plaudits you have provided.

It was a great win but it could have so easily ended up being a humilitating disaster so forgive me for wanting to look at the bigger picture, to next week, next year and explore how we can continue to get better.
When almost everyone has written us off, as a Pies supporter, I know there is absolutely nothing better than beating the Blues.

Doing it after the siren only makes it better.

We've done plenty wrong this year, particularly the last month and a half.

Again, this is why this win against our arch enemies, breaking their hearts just when they got a sniff..well there's no better feeling as a Pies supporter, other than winning the GF.

When it comes to Carlton, I don't care how it gets done, as long as they are beaten.

Last edited:
Since we are both scholarly blokes, why do you think Pies do better when we are absolutely pumped and super confident as supporters, or times like this, when we find ourselves doubtful and pessimistic?

I'm going to stay the latter and not get my hopes up. I'd prefer to be backed against a wall. I have three cats, so they, like us, can just come out biting and scratching. The counter-attack is always unexpected, and generally fruitful.

It won't be a dead rubber. Just an inkling. So stay humble, but hopeful. We've done FAR better without our best blokes in this year. Playing the hand we are dealt 👍

I hope we follow through on the plan better than that against Sydney..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, Macca. How have you been doing the past six weeks or so since I've been on hiatus? I was thinking of you when we lost those four in a row and, having been on board with you saying we'd win them, I was equally shattered.

I’m good thanks mate.
The losing streak has been disappointing but I don’t let it get me down.
Last two weeks have been enjoyable.
Hopefully we can keep the dream alive this Friday night!

Or maybe Darcy flew early to go visit Grundy and Adams
I dont get the sense thats the team's hotel.
Looks more like a housing property
Good on Darcy, looks awesome.

I’m good thanks mate.
The losing streak has been disappointing but I don’t let it get me down.
Last two weeks have been enjoyable.
Hopefully we can keep the dream alive this Friday night!
Good to hear, Macca! Hopefully this week is the start of something great. Looking forward to sharing the ride with you 😎

When almost everyone has written us off, as a Pies supporter, I know there is absolutely nothing better than beating the Blues.

Doing it after the siren only makes it better.

We've done plenty wrong this year, particularly the last month and a half.

Again, this is why this win against our arch enemies, breaking their hearts just when they got a sniff..well there's no better feeling as a Pies supporter, other than winning the GF.

When it comes to Carlton, I don't care how it gets done, as long as they are beaten.
There are always small moments that can change games.
Against the scum there were a couple of late ones that could have affected the result.
With about a minute left, why did Jamie Elliott just let the ball go OOB when there was no scum player within 20 metres of him?
DC, who had a great game, didn't get body on Pittonet in the final ruck contest, allowing him to the get the ball to McGovern, who fortunately missed after the siren.

In any case, we've beaten the scum twice this year, which is something we can take out of the season, whether we make the finals or not.

Last edited:
There are always small moments that can change games.
Against the scum there were a couple of late ones that could have affected the result.
With about a minute left, why did Jamie Elliott just let the ball go OOB when there was no scum player within 20 metres of him?
DC, who had a great game, didn't get body on Pittonet in the final ruck contest, allowing him the get the ball to McGovern, who fortunately missed after the siren.

In any case, we've beaten the scum twice this year, which is something we can take out of the season, whether we make the finals or not.
I thought Billy's out of bounds was a deliberate fumble. There was no one except Blues players in our forward line.

I heard Cameron after the game, he was pretty annoyed with himself allowing Pittonet to get the ball out so easily. He looked absolutely stuffed at that point.

Cripps was just walking it out of the centre after each of their late goals...which unlike earlier in the game, suddenly they could not seem to miss...

I didn't mind them thinking they could pinch it, only to break their hearts again 🤣 we deserved to win it. Always a good season when we beat them twice.

I think the issue was that you gave no credit to the fact we dominated for most of the game.
We deserved to win and you omitted stats in our favour like CP and tackles.
By all means air your concerns about the list, but to attempt to justify them by denigrating the win was unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back