Preview Round 23, 2021: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Blundstone Arena, Sunday 22nd August, 12:15PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Dockers

Votes: 15 45.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to get our hand on schlensog. Be prepared to play the long game. Huge upside. Enormous growth. Size does matter. Will allow us to keep our width. Just need to be careful around the behinds.

Yep, I saw some of his U18 games. Great user, can burst out of congestion and stick it down people's throats. Good below the knees, but can also stand and deliver - especially in the wet. Good tackle and not afraid to put his head over it.

That would be shocking form by us, I hope it's not true.

I feel for Lonie in that he's a guy that has had to play out of his skin to ever earn a contract extension with us. Such a scapegoat with the coaches and fans, I hope he gets another crack elsewhere, he can be a dangerous player.
Carlton.

If we don't make finals next year, run a broom through the place and start again around King. Do it properly ground up. If I was to put in a list of untouchables in a ground up it would be King and Steele to steer the kids in standards. Everyone else would be on the table at the right price.
I hate to tell you but this is precisely what's happened already.
Building around King requires senior players too, and we can expect captain Steele to be about 28yo and Max 23/24yo when we're peaking.
I don't think starting another rebuild during Max's prime years is a good idea. In fact, l think it's insane.

Not true, he found Kent's stash of Ratts pics

I reckon he looked exactly like what you'd expect. He was an emergency ruck option and he played like a state league ruck. He was nowhere near as bad as people make out. Guys like Hill and Butts on big money with prominent roles were much more of an issue this year. Or Long who wasted every opportunity that he was gifted. I reckon Phunty tried his arse off, he's just limited. I still prefer that.

I hate to tell you but this is precisely what's happened already.
Building around King requires senior players too, and we can expect captain Steele to be about 28yo and Max 23/24yo when we're peaking.
I don't think starting another rebuild during Max's prime years is a good idea. In fact, l think it's insane.

If we stay down while that happens good luck then. I reckon Steele would walk or we end up in Tassie or both.

We nearly made finals this year so ideally you stay competitive while you build up. Most of the people that were making excuses for the season seem to want to cull the list. It seems at odds with rebuilding again. You have had issues with Ross and half our players so I get you're happy but I think we'll miss that layer of experienced mid tier players. It really eats into our depth.I agree to win a premiership we probably need to have King going at full steam but no reason to bottom out in the meantime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well for all our moves it certainly hasn't moved us forward.

Could have sworn we made finals last year, must be wrong.

You think the likes of Gres, Clark, Paton etc wouldn't add to the quality of the team?

You don't think young players like Highmore, Connelly, Byrne's, and Sharman isn't a good sign and better than Acres, Weller, Newnes etc?
DMAC, Sinclair,Steele, King not improving? Marshall not as good as Longer?

Hill, Doogs, Butler, Paddy, Jones, Higgins, Crouch no good? All busts?

If you don't think our list is no better than 2018, go back and watch some highlights from then and look at our 22.

If we stay down while that happens good luck then. I reckon Steele would walk or we end up in Tassie or both.

We nearly made finals this year so ideally you stay competitive while you build up. Most of the people that were making excuses for the season seem to want to cull the list. It seems at odds with rebuilding again. You have had issues with Ross and half our players so I get you're happy but I think we'll miss that layer of experienced mid tier players. It really eats into our depth.I agree to win a premiership we probably need to have King going at full steam but no reason to bottom out in the meantime.
This time l think you're in a flap over nothing on this one.

IIRC it was ARR that put up the list of top 8 teams we beaten this year and on that we're firmly in the top 4-6.
And l don't know if you saw the tally of games missed by best 22 players, but we are WAY a out in front, whilst the 2nd and third position clubs we're also having poor years.
I'd suggest that any club that had to deal with our adversities this year would be in a similar position.

We should take heart that the squad has finally learned 4 quarter efforts this season, found Sherman and Heath in the MSD, and will almost certainly have a productive national draft.
I can understand your disappointment at the results but not the negativity about the future. Progress has in fact been excellent this year.

Correct, all he did was apply for the job.

Here's a quote from James Gallagher taken from the Saint's website at the time of Hunter's recruitment -
"it’s important we head into the season with further ruck support and we believe that Paul is the best prepared ruckman outside of the AFL. "

Hmmm... not sure about that one.

Here's a quote from James Gallagher taken from the Saint's website at the time of Hunter's recruitment -
"it’s important we head into the season with further ruck support and we believe that Paul is the best prepared ruckman outside of the AFL. "

Hmmm... not sure about that one.
Well he's probably fit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back