Review Round 23, 2024 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have never screamed at the TV as loud as I did yesterday when Zac Bailey got run down from behind late in the game, MAN ON! MAN ON! I yelled, sadly Zac didn't hear me... I scared the grandkids.

It happens regularly to Zac, very disappointing he hasn't taken any learnings out of it yet.

I actually felt more down with that loss than the GF, we would have snatched the GF, yesterday was a bad bad loss. I am over it now though, move on to the Bombers.

We are all Eagles supporters next Saturday afternoon, they couldn't possibly do it could they?
Funny thing MM , yesterday and last week hurt me more than the GF because we were clearly good enough to give ourselves a great chance this year where we could've pinched it.

Likewise it's over. We're still in with a chance.

Funny thing MM , yesterday and last week hurt me more than the GF because we were clearly good enough to give ourselves a great chance this year where we could've pinched it.

Yeah, we may win an elimination final but beyond that I don't see us going further unless we elevate and resolve our habit of fading out for entire quarters after a high octane, high scoring start.

Club trolling supporters using the “L” word?

Team competes in finals 5 straight years. Still need to take “learnings” on how to close out close games. Nah surely a pisstake.

Our media department are idiots. Need to stop employing uni grads and start with lions fans

Having a look at the ladder and likely winners this afternoon and next week, I have us playing an EF against the Bulldogs at the Gabba.

If we won that would highly likely see us come up against the loser of the Swans v Cats QF in an away Semi Final.. I would fancy our chances against the Cats.

Having a look at the ladder and likely winners this afternoon and next week, I have us playing an EF against the Bulldogs at the Gabba.

If we won that would highly likely see us come up against the loser of the Swans v Cats QF in an away Semi Final.. I would fancy our chances against the Cats.
Would be nice to get one back over the Dogs for 2021.

If we get a home final, I don’t think it’s a guarantee that it will be at the Gabba. Could easily see a 2004 prelim repeat.
No. The rules changed many many many years ago.

Actually I think that's a cop out now. Yes we can be shit in front of goal but how many times do we cough up 3 4,5,even 6 goal leads?

The lapses in the midfield are the biggest culprit.

We go from complete domination to jelly without a whimper. It's unfathomable how it turns so completely... And almost regardless of opposition.

We have too many ball winners in the middle now and less bigger body defensive types. Balance is incorrect.

Can't have Ashcroft, Neale, McCluggage all in one center bounce. All 3 are ball hunters and it leaves too many loose ends if we miss out on winning the clearance.

We have too many ball winners in the middle now and less bigger body defensive types. Balance is incorrect.

Can't have Ashcroft, Neale, McCluggage all in one center bounce. All 3 are ball hunters and it leaves too many loose ends if we miss out on winning the clearance.
One of Berry or Dunkley at all centre bounces would be handy.

One of Berry or Dunkley at all centre bounces would be handy.

We need both in my view.

I'm tempted to push even Starce upfield and try our luck.
He'll at least ensure there is no easy breakthrough behind us as he's defensive by nature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still very feral. The only thing keeping me sane is that the rest of the teams are up and down also (except the Giants). The best chance to win the comp from outside the top 4 is this year.
agree regarding a chance from outside of the top4.

Giants have won about 7 in a row but were in a bit of a slump before that and hope they might regress a bit, its that type of season. Yesterday Freo had a couple of opportunities in the last few minutes against the Giants. It is very open this year.
As long as we don't play Hawthorn in an elimination final I am hopeful we could still at least reach a Prelim.

Swans at Sydney are not invincible and their three talls are not doing too much damage. I think on percentages Giants finish 4th (Geelong boost their % beating WC next week). So I believe we face Giants or Swans in Semi 1.

Cats were 6 goals up at half time...went on to lose by 18pts. It happens to the best of them.

We lost by 1pt
We do it repeatedly though.

It’s not a one off, we get 30 points up and I don’t feel confident anymore.

That should not be a thing.

Cats were 6 goals up at half time...went on to lose by 18pts. It happens to the best of them.

We lost by 1pt
I said much the same to someone else earlier today.

It happens to every team to varying degrees, you just take more notice of it and remember it for longer when it happens to the team you passionately support.

I too would fancy our chances against the cats, but is it possible cats could finish 3rd boosting their % with a significant win next week against WC, whilst the Giants have a tough game against Dogs at Ballarat. Freo had some opportunities late in the game yesterday, so maybe Giants, who have won about 7 straight, might be due for a loss, but 4% is significant margin to make up over one round. Although it has been an unusual year.

I thought Darragh Joyce was quite good yesterday, probably made less errors than Harris on the day.

My Fab 5 were Lohmann, McCluggage, Ashcroft, Starcevich and Dunkley.

I thought Darragh Joyce was quite good yesterday, probably made less errors than Harris on the day.

Agree on Joyce, thought he was dependable.

Joyce was alright defensively yesterday. His disposal wasn’t as bad as last week either.

He did drop a couple of marks though where he actually had done the body work on his opponent and was in position to mark, only to drop it. Looking back these were pretty crucial in the end too.

All in all though he was far better than last week.

Well hello all you guys. Having posted on here in past years this is my first post this year for a reason. That being maybe I thought I was too critical of the Coaches, Selections, Game Plans A and B, Kicking, Cannot perform for four quarters,fade-outs, playing out of form players and more. I never at any stage this year thought we were a chance to win the premiership. Even in the last quarter my wife said to me we are going to win, I said to her you watch we will not win this. Unfortunately Brisbane are soft and mentally fragile. Since Fagan has been at Brisbane nothing had been rectified - Nothing has improved. We have gone backwards and teams are passing us because they see we are team that cannot take pressure and hence crumble. Yesterday seeing Fagan chewing his gum, hands in pockets on the boundary was a total loss whereas Fly was up and about with enthusiasm and pumping his side up - Bloody Fantastic. Fagan is probably a good man but I have said early in the peace we will not win a premiership with him as coach. I have seen many coaches not in the AFL that would put Fagan to shame. Unfortunately we are going to live in hope for a few years more until changes are made for the better. Forever Lions.

Well hello all you guys. Having posted on here in past years this is my first post this year for a reason. That being maybe I thought I was too critical of the Coaches, Selections, Game Plans A and B, Kicking, Cannot perform for four quarters,fade-outs, playing out of form players and more. I never at any stage this year thought we were a chance to win the premiership. Even in the last quarter my wife said to me we are going to win, I said to her you watch we will not win this. Unfortunately Brisbane are soft and mentally fragile. Since Fagan has been at Brisbane nothing had been rectified - Nothing has improved. We have gone backwards and teams are passing us because they see we are team that cannot take pressure and hence crumble. Yesterday seeing Fagan chewing his gum, hands in pockets on the boundary was a total loss whereas Fly was up and about with enthusiasm and pumping his side up - Bloody Fantastic. Fagan is probably a good man but I have said early in the peace we will not win a premiership with him as coach. I have seen many coaches not in the AFL that would put Fagan to shame. Unfortunately we are going to live in hope for a few years more until changes are made for the better. Forever Lions.
The bolded? Seriously, do you pine for the good old pre Chris Fagan days of 2016?

I thought Oscar was great last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 23, 2024 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Back