Game Day Round 23, 2024: Hawthorn v Tigers, Sun 3.20pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm looking forward to seeing our forward mix again after a great effort against the Blues. Not the Mosquito Fleet, who have been awesome for a while, but the Gunston, Chol, Dear combination, which has been working well since Gunston came back in. One bad quarter against GWS probably overlooked the fact that Gunston played his role well, and it has freed Dear up who after a quiet patch is now looking really confident. We don't have a Jessie Hogan, but we have three awkward matchups as all are agile for their height, and get goals in unpredictable ways. A potential weakness could be a strength in finals where they are less marks due to intensity and pressure. Looking forward to them having another hit out together at the MCG.

A bit nervy .

Just need to stick to what we are doing , be methodical and we probably get a nice win .

Get distracted with % and the like we leave ourselves open .

Cats a cautionary tale last night
Cats were cooked in the second half. Spent their tickets out west. Were running on fumes in the second half similar to our game against GWS in the last. Still we can't be complacent. Play the percentages. Play the way we want to play and we win this.

Cats were cooked in the second half. Spent their tickets out west. Were running on fumes in the second half similar to our game against GWS in the last. Still we can't be complacent. Play the percentages. Play the way we want to play and we win this.
Certainly . I guess they got that advantage against us , swings and roundabouts .
Who used to say that I can't remember now 🤔 😄

Gee I hope our boys aren't going into this match with the same attitude as some of our posters.

I'll be very disappointed if we lose, but Tigs still have some good players and a lot more experience than us. Just wanting a win.

Gee I hope our boys aren't going into this match with the same attitude as some of our posters.

I'll be very disappointed if we lose, but Tigs still have some good players and a lot more experience than us. Just wanting a win.
Actually, we go into the game more experienced. And their players have either checked out or are shit.
IMG_6002.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Expecting at least a 6-8 goal win. If the Tigers are as “checked out” as would appear from the outside, it could get ugly - in a good way for us.

A focused effort involving great pressure on their young kids still finding their way is important.

Don’t go into this game thinking a 95% effort will do. Bring the heat and keep the pressure up all day.

Last edited:
I'm going to the game with some Richmond supporters. The Tigers have knocked us off
too many times in recent years so I'm looking forward to having the upper hand at post game
drinks at The Royal! I'll be wearing a Velvet Underground tee shirt:cool:. Happy to shake hands
with any BigFooty Hawks!

Sorry fellas, I go to 5 to 6 games a year and haven't seen a live win since 2016. Am heading to the 'G today, so if we lose you know who to blame.
Hopefully we break the "Jethro Curse"
Never fear Jethro, I am the real 'Kiss of Death', so go and enjoy the game. The morning looked so nice I did think about wandering over to the G - then I slapped myself and said I must not, I will not.....

Feel the same.

I think this will be a frustrating game where our expectations outstrip our performance by quite a bit.

I'll be happy with the win. Can't contemplate what a loss would feel like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back