Game Day Round 23, 2024: Hawthorn v Tigers, Sun 3.20pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sicily has had a pretty poor day so far.

Tigers been able to take too many contested marks down the line

Midfield needs to get to work at the contest after half time

Pretty bad when it was 50 at QT and we are looking for a big percentage boost.
If you wanna look at it that way.

I'm having a great time. That first quarter was unreal. We're still 6+goals in front at half time.

Day and McKenzie off for a lot of that quarter while they were lifting really worked against us.

We'll reset at halftime and come out a lot better.

Watch for Ginni and CMac to really light it up in the third when the ball is going end to end a bit more

Pretty bad when it was 50 at QT and we are looking for a big percentage boost.

Yeah we were 60+ up half way through after kicking 3 in the trot and then we stopped and allowed 4 back the other way.

Forgot about 100+ but we should be aiming for good hard disciplined footy for 2 quarters, winning both, and see what the margin is in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’d love to see the free kick count. Lots of line ball calls going Richmond’s way

An indication that Hawthorn failed to put in the work in that quarter. Really disappointing approach to the game. Lot of players going through the motions and expecting someone else to pick up the slack.

I thought there were warning signs of this in the first quarter when several senior players had efforts they would like to forget. Became contagious in the second quarter.

Richmond have nothing to play for, so they can be as kamikaze as they like. Mitchell needs to tell Sicily.to put the bullshit away and lead from the front because we went into a shell in the second quarter.

I think they just didn’t know how to manage the momentum they had in the first quarter. When Richmond started halving contests they weren’t able to adjust to a more tight defensive game and that let the tigers to score easier. It’s all still a learning development period for us. Let’s see if they can adjust in the third.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't need a percentage boost we just need to win.

When you're already in a winning position and percentage is vital, then it's absolutely a need.

Win big enough today with a Carlton loss and we have a very stress free weekend next week.

If we fall over the line here then it's another 7 days of preparing for a danger game.

Stating the obvious: We need a reset, and come out hot again in the third or else this will turn into a horrible pit fight. We kind of went into a holding pattern there?

However, if in the morning you offered me a 5 (6 ish) goal lead at half time, I'd take that any day. Have to not be afraid of getting hurt though. Good, hard pre-finals hit out coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back