Autopsy Round 23 Review - Saints second half demolishes the Kitty Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we should all also acknowledge that Marshall and Owens have both significantly improved their set shot goalkicking in the latter half of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That was one of the "biggies" for me last night......along with several other "biggies"

How good has that been ????????

Last night.......incredible.....absolutely incredible.

I know some on here were hoping we'd lose and everyone is entitled to their opinion but how on earth could you wish that anytime after a win like that.

33 down at half time and things looked extremely dire......I thought the Cats were going to tear us a new one.....ala the Brissy game a few weeks back.

Called it at the 20 min mark second qtr......went early...... again....like in the Swannies game...when will I learn....lol.....how good was it to be wrong.

It's worth noting that last night was the 2nd time in 7 weeks that we've won after being 30 or more points behind......I think the stat is that only 10 teams this season have come back from the magical 30 point margin and won.

That 3rd qtr was absolutely electric.

Young Darcy will be an absolute gem to watch over the next decade.

Him.....Mitchito-san....Nas...Pou all running around causing chaos......bring it on ..!!!!!

Was pondering this at half time....no Big Maxy,Windy,Henry and Pou.....what might have been....well.

Kudos to the usual suspects...Wilks....Big Ro....Nas.....Sincs.

I'll say it again....what a win.

Enjoy your week Sainters.....last night was one for the "watch the replay 10 times" file.

Start of q3, exactly what I noticed, really like him in there, his positioning and physicality, he's not quick but boy he's got some traits!
Stocks cops in here at times but does the job when required.

An absolute heart and soul player IMO.

The Boss gives him a job.....and he does it.

Garcia is going to be my favourite player when he starts playing full games. The cleanliness, the chase down, and most of all, after that fantastic kick to Higgins, he celebrated like he just kicked a goal. He's got the right mind set

Love him. Did you see when he passed that, players came from everywhere to get over to him as well? It was great to see at the ground

Hand up accountability.

I honestly thought the cue was in the rack watching that first quarter and a bit. Switched it over to the showdown.

Every contest our mids were out of position and whenever we did have the pill we looked a fumbly mess.

Second half was like a different team - interesting to hear the opinions of Roma and Steele re any potential bake from Ross.

Love to play King at CHF and see what kind of carnage the 3 talls could do, Butts and Higgo would be frothing I reckon.

In a season as tight as this those close losses are a real dagger. Genuinely think we could be in the finals hunt and with a few more pieces in the guts, although losing Battle will be rough, push for top 4.

Great, gutsy win Sainters.

At the start of the game the commentators were saying something like "the Saints will be wanting this to be a dour low scoring slug out".
Totally wrong, the Saints want it to be low scoring for the opposition, duh.
It actually worked a charm, they didn't get too far in front.
Plenty of goals in that game, would have preferred less ....for the Cats.

Two other observations - that stickman jumper is great and how good did the safety hats look in the cheer squad. Effing brilliant idea

When the cheer squad flags are getting waved that often and that hard, the hard hats make perfect sense.

Hunter Clark was immense in the engine room in the second half. Was great to chat to him post-game and get a bit more detail on exactly what clicked to turn the game around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FOS, Draper, Smith, Trainor, Smillie, Langford, Lalor - likely top 7. I'm pretty sure FOS & Draper won't slide which is a major bummer, hopefully someone grabs Trainor. Leaves two of Langford, Lalor & Smillie. Two potential guns there, but we could end up being the land of the midfield giants with the 2 draftees, Owens & Pou. Is that too big without enough explosive zippy mids?
As with the last few years the situation of having the last player/s in the top pool in the bank sits very comfortably with me.
I think it gives time to spend on other matters like finding the gems with later picks and doing smart deals.
Last year was the best managed trade/draft season l can remember, and it flew largely under the radar but Wilson, Hugo, Hastie and Ari are all looking the goods IMHO. Collard and Irish probably have the capability and are on a slower path but the talent acquisition overall was exceptional.
If we have a choice of Langford, Lalor, Smillie, l say try and trade into getting all 3 and have ourselves a physically imposing midfield for 10 years. May not be the best in the league, but would put us sustainably toward the top end.

Hook that 2nd half straight into my veins, cant watch to watch the replay tonight.

Wilkie, Steele and Ro huge. Wilson was everywhere and the rest all contributed.

Falling in love with Hugo, I think him and Pou could really transform our midfield next year.

Alas, all the muppets on the Sunday Footy show could say about us was that there is no point winning when it's too late.

Lethlean was not a football person.. ran the football department with amatures: Richo, Ratten, Elshaugh, Gallagher, Mission, it’s a miracle we even made finals in 2020.
Lethlean fired Trout and Richo, stood opposed to Ratts extension, promoted Toce, and Mission was an RTB hire. Gallager straightened our books leaving SOS with a lot of play money with.
But please continue the narrative..

85bdeb889c1317a83cda0b492a4675e6.jpg

Hook that 2nd half straight into my veins, cant watch to watch the replay tonight.

Wilkie, Steele and Ro huge. Wilson was everywhere and the rest all contributed.

Falling in love with Hugo, I think him and Pou could really transform our midfield next year.

Alas, all the muppets on the Sunday Footy show could say about us was that there is no point winning when it's too late.
It's back on after having the same Olympic coverage on all 16 channels?

If its true, I would agree,
I don't really understand why this bothers people?

Why does it matter who the coach answers too? All we are talking about is the title of the person that can sack him if it gets to that?

We haven't won diddly for nearly six decades, and for large chunks of that time, we didn't look capable of winning a game, let alone a premiership! Now people are concerned about the organisation structure of a football club!!?? At the end of the day, you need the right coach and the right playing list, and the right game plan, to win a flag. If he is the right coach to finally get us across the line for the second time, who gives a crap whether he is answerable to Geoff Walsh or Fred Bassat ??

Coaches are judged very publicly and held to account by the media. AS soon as the teams performance is judged by the media to be below par, the journo's start death-riding the coach........

The only KPI that matters for a coach is their win rate compared to the AFL community expectation of the playing list at their disposal - everything else is white noise.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 23 Review - Saints second half demolishes the Kitty Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back