Review Round 24, 2023 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Still can not for the life of me understand how Evans is picked AFTER McEntee.

Evans is no elite small forward, but he's clever, he's hard, he gets into the right spots and executes by hitting the scoreboard. He's the type of role player you have that pops up for a couple years in a good side and plays some games before being improved on. Right now he should certainly be playing before McEntee.
He is our Josh Mahoney imo

On moto g62 5G using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shithouse percentage cost us a home prelim, not that we play any different
I keep reading garbage like this all over social media, for a start not winning enough game ultimately cost us second spot not percentage, even so I'd rather us play away than at home anyway, night games in Adelaide do not favour us in the slightest.

On moto g62 5G using BigFooty.com mobile app

Still can not for the life of me understand how Evans is picked AFTER McEntee.

Evans is no elite small forward, but he's clever, he's hard, he gets into the right spots and executes by hitting the scoreboard. He's the type of role player you have that pops up for a couple years in a good side and plays some games before being improved on. Right now he should certainly be playing before McEntee.
Thats right, you don't understand.

And its DBJ that should be out of the team before Evans. But it won't happen.

450fb275da818f6383fd4ae4e19d0431.jpg

Luna’s review of the game:

“Well ** me with a chicken drumstick, that’s two hours of my life I’ll never get back. Houston and Butters go all right though. So does Dustin Martin. Mind you Richmond looked like they had an interest in winning the game, as opposed to an interest in doing just enough to win the game. Allir’s 1:1 mismatches are a bit of a shot across the snout for finals. Good to see a few of the lads taking responsibility for shots instead of looking for cheap hand offs. Speaking of goals, yes it was, poor decision, surprising no one. Also, we’ve got two bloody useful Sams at opposite ends of the intensity scale, fine tuning that will make a big difference . ** it, I’m off to the SCG to watch the next debacle.”

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Hope Ken does the right thing and gives Butters enough votes to be safe this week. Didn’t get to watch the game so if I do that I’ll report back with my thoughts. Good to see us not on the receiving end of a late game blitz though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite my assumed persona, I've never been anti Eleni. Because most umpires are little pindicks any rate, having a female umpire in theory shouldn't be a problem. But FMD, she has zero feel and understanding for the game. The amount of times I've noticed the non adjudicating umpire make the decision that she should be making is unprecedented.
I assume most male umps played the game then realised they were Weiners and took up umpiring, whether or not Eleni had that, i do not know. But as I said she just doesnt have it.

this club isnt going anywhere until donuts and koch is gone, are the happy clappers really content with this or dont they even know what a real premiership team looks like. Its like a premier league team who exist to escape relegation and all the happy clappers cheer it on every week through thick and thin like they have achieved their calling in life. Its sad really
Guilty as charged.

Regards, this Everton supporter ;)

Once Brissy won yesterday, the attitude probably changed for your boys a bit.
If they had lost I think your intensity would have been alot better and you would have won by 80.
You will make a prelim if not by beating Brissy certainly by smacking either saints or swans in the semi.
Once there it's coll or melb. Being underdogs suits you so you never know, good luck

Despite my assumed persona, I've never been anti Eleni. Because most umpires are little pindicks any rate, having a female umpire in theory shouldn't be a problem. But FMD, she has zero feel and understanding for the game. The amount of times I've noticed the non adjudicating umpire make the decision that she should be making is unprecedented.
I assume most male umps played the game then realised they were Weiners and took up umpiring, whether or not Eleni had that, i do not know. But as I said she just doesnt have it.
Man or woman she is a shit umpire and always has been, as you say has no feel for the game.. and should be umpiring sanfl..end the experiment with her.. can’t umpire the basics and continually falls for bloke flipping their arms around. Hopefully we can just get a decent 4 against Brisbane. Cause I can’t remember the last time we had a fair go..

Thats right, you don't understand.

And its DBJ that should be out of the team before Evans. But it won't happen.
What does McEntee do better, offensively or defensively, than DBJ?

DBJ more goals, more goal assists, more disposals, more contested disposals, higher disposal efficiency, more marks, more tackles, and more pressure acts per game, and that's despite being subbed on or off twice this year and despite spending the first three games of the year in defence. No superstar himself but better than McEntee at just about everything.

Are you McEntee's brother or something?

Last edited:
Does the SANFL have a bye before finals? And what are the rules for the AFL players?

Can Mackenzie/Lycett play next week in the SABFL and week 1 of the finals? (Also what do the rules mean for the Adelaide AFL players?)

A truly awful umpire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back