Autopsy Round 24, 2024 - Saints defeat Boos

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing to do with us winning
Should we have lost against Sydney and Geelong because they are in the finals?

Strange attitude but oh well, up to you.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep usually when someone has an opinion it is up to them
What’s odd is someone finding it necessary to tell them it’s up to them …usually cause it doesn’t gel with their opinions…that’s odd to me
Oh well up to you I guess …I couldn’t give a continental either way 👍

Don't we have the picks any more? We won't know for seasons if they are good or not.
I understand, would have liked 5 and 6 however it is what it is. Only supporters talk about this stuff.

On another note how spineless are Freo?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Do we still have pick 5 ?
Did I get that wrong ? So sorry if so…feel free to correct me …

How is what happens in the other match in any way relevant to us playing to be winners, Carlton missing would have been fanfare for us, not the club. Funny enough, what we do and say here does nothing for the club
So the merriment of Carlton missing finals cause we won didn’t occur ?? Ok …must be imagination kicking in ..I could’ve sworn many were rejoicing in that moment..

If you think we're not better off by having picks 5 and 6 over 7 and 8, you're not being realistic. It gives you more choice to pick a player who we think would fit our specific needs. It's not worthless... saying so is ridiculous.

Likewise, if you think having a winning culture has no merit whatsoever, you're also misguided. The fact is we got our game looking much better at the back end of the season. That bodes well for next year.

There's no real way right now to measure which would have benefited us more. Time will tell.

At the end of the day, we've got the picks we've got. Hopefully we can use them well and the club can improve in all areas. There's a lot of room for growth with both players and coaching imo. Personally I was happy to see us play a better style of footy towards the end of the season.
Stop talking sense . No one wants that .

Have they colourised the Saints' only Grand Final yet? Or is 'The Streak 2004' DVD still the only bit of 'success' that you can view in colour?

I saw people queuing earlier this year at The Palais in St Kilda to watch the black and white GF on the 'silver screen'. I initially thought it was an Andre Rieu gig as there wouldn't have been anyone there under 70. And you talk about recent success 😂🤣
****ing loser

Have they colourised the Saints' only Grand Final yet? Or is 'The Streak 2004' DVD still the only bit of 'success' that you can view in colour?

I saw people queuing earlier this year at The Palais in St Kilda to watch the black and white GF on the 'silver screen'. I initially thought it was an Andre Rieu gig as there wouldn't have been anyone there under 70. And you talk about recent success 😂🤣
Get a life fella. Genuinely what are you doing here? It's really sad

So the merriment of Carlton missing finals cause we won didn’t occur ?? Ok …must be imagination kicking in ..I could’ve sworn many were rejoicing in that moment..
Did I not literally address that in my post?

Do I need to reword? I'm confused.

Don't watch the presser, might get more upset at the first 2 minutes

no, the difficult concept you don't seem to understand, is that you don't know the future.

what's to say rozzee and butters weren't better than everyone taken before them in 2018. arguably you could say it's the case

a culture building win is so much better than losing for picks. you're bringing young players into a culture that wants to win....Norf have all the top end talent in the world....still bottom 2

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app
It’s the choice not knowing the future
If I have choice before you - pick well - it doesn’t matter what you do ???
Geezus tough crowd ..

If we want to maintain this form going into next season we really can't afford to lose Membrey and Howard on top of Battle as well. If we do lose Membrey, we should go after a ruckman to support Marshall so he can play in the forward line more.

Not sure about Jones, deserves to play AFL next year but I think we are better off moving on from him and backing in our younger players. Get someone like Parker or Macrae to support Steele instead of Jones if you want to go down that path.

Last edited:
Yeah I couldn’t give to ****s about beating Carlton and ending their season. I want a flag and the requires elite mids, which generally requires some luck in the draft.
It’s easier to strike that luck from a high position. We have some talent, but we’re not laden with it like 2004-11.
it’s hard to get excited about 4 points but gee I hope Melbourne draft a tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm wondering how many of the people upset we won were actually at the game today.

Because I have a hard time believing that, if you were actually at Marvel Stadium today, you could be disappointed we got the win. Just with the sheer amount of Blues fans there and the atmosphere and noise they created - especially in the last quarter. It was one of the most memorable wins I've ever been to. Winning in that way (while overwhelmingly outnumbered by opposition supporters), in the dying seconds, was unbelievable - ladder position be damned.

Seeing the look on the players' faces after Higgo's goal. The energy of the Saints fans. The way they celebrated on the siren - the players on the bench running onto the field to embrace their teammates.

If you were at the game today and are still upset we won, you need to get your heart checked.
I was there buddy and glad you got the joys out of beating a depleted Blues
Not the most magical match I’ve had at Marvel ….and I’ll take beating Dogs in a prelim to make the big day …or just a final for that matter over a dead rubber win at end August any day … all different I guess

Loved Ross mentioning the ridiculous travelling draw we had (“travelled 6 times in rounds 4 to 14. felt like we were an interstate team”).
Hopefully there was enough heat put on the afl by the board that it doesn’t happen again next year.
Someone mentioned that it is actually against the rules that you have a 5 day break off the back of an interstate trip - which of course we got.
Diehard......the club did meet with the fixture chiefs of the AFL a couple of months back.

From what I heard...Prez and Carl Dilena unleashed....we were assured that it won't happen again..

It's the AFL....time will tell.

And yes,the 5 day break was against AFL rules.....yet...surprise....we copped it.

Now that the dust has settled I feel less confident that the 2 point win is beneficial in any way . I was actually hoping for an honorable loss the whole game and thought we were about to achieve that .
Trying not to too pissed about it. Know it’s gonna feel shit on draft day when rich and melb choose before us

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24, 2024 - Saints defeat Boos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back