Autopsy Round 24, 2024 - Saints defeat Boos

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone recall/or have seen in print(my memory cells are fading quicker than Josh Battle's tenure at Rsea) the last time that we won a game after hitting the front with under 20 seconds left to play?

Surely yesterday's 12 seconds must be the shortest time in the last 50-60 years.
Joey v Melbourne? Not sure how many seconds

Edit: Sandra’d

It's less his opinion and more the childish manner in which he expresses it and goes after people. Clogging up the thread with mindless dross
Spare me your dribble mate - you don’t like my opinion I’m ok with that …put up an alternative
You’ve responded twice - not once footy related
If you’re looking for internet friends there’s plenty of lonely hearts sites you could try but otherwise try muster a opinion on footy or jog it ain’t hard

It’s a f kn forum mate don’t like it cause my view doesn’t match yours?? Put me on ignore couldn’t give a shit otherwise suck it up
It’s the constant repetitive shit actually. You made your point move on

It’s the constant repetitive shit actually. You made your point move on
Its a view but you feel the need the constantly respond so that’s ok I’m happy to oblige
Again it’s a forum - we don’t need keyboard warriors like you having your digs then telling us all to move on like your some sort of mod cause you don’t like the opinion it ain’t Russia numb nuts ….suggest you do same ?

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

What do you mean no pressure to nail draft picks , maybe you shouldn't be posting so late at night , there is always pressure to nail draft picks
Making friends Mr Teflon
I suppose I will get the old jog on comment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re in!! - so far it’s you and me …hang tough the sycophants will be in shortly but you got my back right ? 😏
I think those of us who disagree with you have run out of puff, you are persistent and unwavering 😀 Some people like chocolate icecream, some people prefer strawberry. Same sort of convo since it's opinions and not science.

Thoughts:

• I completely refute the argument that winning yesterday will have a deleterious effect on our future. Regardless of the cattle argument, Carlton threw the kitchen sink at us (as they should have given the importance of the game) and we still won. Yesterday was finals intensity for four quarters, we lost the lead with no obvious reason to regain it, and kept coming. If you don't see how that will make each of those players better, especially the younger ones, you have an inability to see what is right in front of your face.
  • It's amazing how much Higgins has improved, and how it is all related to his attitude. His ability to work through challenges in games and be selfless (and selfish when required like all good small forwards) in much improved. He keeps going on the same trajectory and plays another 6-7 seasons, we will rate him above Schneider when all is said and done.
  • The harsh brutal call is still to delist Zac Jones, but geebus he's been good the last six weeks.
  • Three of the most beautiful kicks yesterday by Brad Hill. Just gorgeous.
So….Pou’s missed goal yesterday when he could’ve passed it to someone closer.

In the end, it didn’t affect the result, and the result didn’t really matter, so it’s with hindsight I’m saying it, but I actually didn’t mind that he wanted to do it himself. Shows confidence and big match temperament.

Is having an earlier pick better in general than a later pick, yes. But it is not true that an earlier pick will get you a better player. An earlier pick gives you are better chance of a better player, but this does not mean that chance will occur.

To pull figures out of my behind, if pick 5 gives you a 10% chance of a brownlow medallist and pick 7 only an 8% chance, it is simply untrue to assume you will get said medallist with pick 5 & not with pick 7.

The coaching staff are experts, they clearly decided that the win was more important than the lower pick. History would tend to suggest they are correct, Carltank failed, Meltank did win a flag but only after the club imploded and Roos saved the day. The pick number 1 Meltank got, Jack Watts did not win them that flag.

Winning and losing are habits, let us develop the correct habit. Also losing to Carlton is NEVER acceptable.
And actually, not that I love them or take too much of what they say to heart. But the media in general have been making a big deal of the fact we had nothing to play for but still went out there and played as if our lives depended on it. I love that.

Even comparing Ross to wundercoach Clarkson in the way the two teams went about it.

So….Pou’s missed goal yesterday when he could’ve passed it to someone closer.

In the end, it didn’t affect the result, and the result didn’t really matter, so it’s with hindsight I’m saying it, but I actually didn’t mind that he wanted to do it himself. Shows confidence and big match temperament.
Watching the replay .... if he passed it there were Blues defenders close enough to have chopped it off or at least gone close to intercepting it

Pou made the correct choice .... go back and take the kick directly in front

Have to admit I was a bit conflicted during the game. We’re still 2-3 mids short which could’ve been solved this year and that win took us a bit further out of the Bont/Oliver type draft range. Just makes it that little bit harder. We’re not getting into premiership contention by investing in guys like Jones and Stocker, I’m sorry but it’s just the reality.

Nothing we can do about it now but based on the type of players we drafted last year I’m still confident we can find another couple of good young players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24, 2024 - Saints defeat Boos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back