Autopsy Round 24: Hawks cull the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting Breust on rather than Nash off according to the presser
When Nash came off after the test run for 10 minutes, he approached the medicos on the bench and shook his head. That wasn't a Breust on rather than Nash off thing. Why would you take one of the best in an under big blokes in the league off in the wet unless he needed removing due to injury.

Just to give a quick graphic of our progress this yeah.
Thanks to Max Barry for the amazing resource here... https://live.squiggle.com.au/

1724483335332.png

We are now in premiership territory, which is unthinkable since the start of the year. Only the Lions and Dogs are in the same territory (dogs a long way out in front).
No matter what happens from here, enjoy this incredible achievement!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam looked proud as punch in the post game press conference.

As well he should be.

What he, the players and his team of coaches have achieved this season has been incredible and unprecedented.

It's not just the raw results either, it's the way we have been playing too - we have been restricting teams from scoring for whole quarters whilst being fast, skilful and absolutely relentless ourselves. It's a joy to watch.

He'd have to take out coach of the season based on this.

Great win.

Is it too much to ask that we avoid the Dogs and play either Carlton or Freo at the MCG....

The Bulldogs are the side we match up against the worst IMHO.
I was at the Hawks v dogs game indoors earlier in the season, but both sides are playing better footy now. Would be a great matchup

I was at the Hawks v dogs game indoors earlier in the season, but both sides are playing better footy now. Would be a great matchup

It would probably be the matchup of the entire round. Two teams that are playing like top four sides, and both are probably the most irresistible when they're up and running.

If it's not us winning the flag I'd be happy for the Doggies (or Brisbane) to take it out.

I would just like to say a big thanks to the players, staff and coaches.

That was a great home and away season, to be tipped to finish bottom four! In some media circles the wooden spoon fancy, We proved them wrong!

It's not just that we are winning it's how we are winning. I love the way we go about our footy. Built of presurre and transition we are top 5 in almost every key defensive and ball transition stat.

This is why we love our club, good luck in the finals boys. Let's take a few scalps along the way and you never know what might happen!

You don't deserve this team.
Jennifer Connelly Labyrinth GIF

Finals baby!
Not much to say, amazing game, amazing win, finals here we come! Our first final will definitely be in Melbourne which is great. 26 goals is absolutely insane, 10 in that last qtr, and all of them spread between everyone. We are amazing in the rain! Kept the pressure and work rate up even when the win was locked in. Tell anyone when we 0-5 we were playing finals now and they wouldn’t have believed you.
So proud of the boys for making it this far, let’s keep going and win the next four!
At least a 12-day break now, we can sit back, watch the rest of the games, reflect on a great season, and look forward at what is to come.
Gonna finish 5-7, very nice feeling.
Let’s go Hawks! I love this club!
🤎💛🤎💛🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24: Hawks cull the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back