Autopsy Round 24: Hawks cull the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that was bloody brilliant. So so satisfying. So impressive.

Quick question - did Fox sports eventually get back to the Hawks celebrations and Liam's farewell at some point during the Suns Richmond game? I had to go out but I've recorded that game just in case!

First game in Tassie I’ve been to for over a decade, and what a game it was.

We have a number of incredibly special players coming through. Wiz, Weddle, D’Ambrosio, Dear, MacDonald, the list goes on.

The youngster I was most impressed by today was Mackenzie. He’s a jet. In miserable wet weather his skills were a level above. 86% efficiency from high 20 disposals in the wet, playing as a mid is ridiculous.

Re-post, deleted this thinking I'd posted it into the wrong thread:

The deft tap from Chol to Watson for his first goal was brilliant.

Dear to Ginnivan (leading to a Moore goal) in the last quarter was brilliant too.

Dear and Chol have both been so clever and team oriented this season with their taps and palm downs.

Last edited:
Two games in the wet this year and two massive scores. Another comparison to the 2017 Tigers is they were almost unbeatable in wet conditions. Its a competitive advantage to any side that becomes stronger if the conditions get a bit slippery, even though we are also great on a fast, dry track as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was hoping for a convincing win - perhaps around 40-50 points.

But 124 points sends a clear message to the rest of the finals teams - we are not fu**ing around this year!

And to think we would’ve finished second had we not dropped the Port Adelaide and GWS games. SECOND!

We are well and truly back folks - irrespective of how he perform in the finals 🤎

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thought Finn was good today.

Offers a lot of run and physicality. No major howlers disposal wise but still a weakness.

If he can clean that up he will be a player.

Thought Finn was good today.

Offers a lot of run and physicality. No major howlers disposal wise but still a weakness.

If he can clean that up he will be a player.
Idk I reckon you've got a short memory. He had quite a few howlers, North were just incapable of making us pay for them.

Did anyone notice with about 15 seconds left and Chol for that final set shot is shaping up to kick around the corner (presumably unaware that the siren’s about to sound)?

Ginnivan sprints across from nowhere to tell him to kick a conventional drop punt instead, so as not to risk playing on after the siren. Sure enough Chol does this and kicks the goal after the siren.

Now, it really didn’t matter cos we’re already 118 points up? But it’s that attention to detail, footy iq and sheer ruthlessness that Ginni brings that makes him such a key figure in this team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 24: Hawks cull the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back