Game Day Round 3 & 14 - vs The Bye (Catch All Chat Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Esteemed Suns Board Members

Were not gonna talk about Freo just yet, Might do us all some good to take a bye week ourselves to refresh so we can attack the most important second half of a season in club history.

Feel free to talk about anything so long as it's within the rules.

The game thread for Round 15 will go up at some point next week.

Whats it like across in Laos up there?
And why that particularly region of Thailand out of interest?
I love that country
I haven't been to Laos for around 15 yrs. We're about 40+klms from the border. We sold up in Banchang and built our home here and made the move around 3 months ago, originally to be closer to her ailing Mum but unfortunately her Mum passed 2 days before we arrived but she has her Dad, 3 sisters and 1 brother here, all residing within 100metres of each other....plenty of Uncles/Aunties too.......and this part of the world is very laid back with nothing to do(for a farang) and all day to do it...:)

I haven't been to Laos for around 15 yrs. We're about 40+klms from the border. We sold up in Banchang and built our home here and made the move around 3 months ago, originally to be closer to her ailing Mum but unfortunately her Mum passed 2 days before we arrived but she has her Dad, 3 sisters and 1 brother here, all residing within 100metres of each other....plenty of Uncles/Aunties too.......and this part of the world is very laid back with nothing to do(for a farang) and all day to do it...:)

I’m half thai (Born in Bangkok, Dad is from Ao Nang) nice to see a connection here 🤝

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If I give the Suns much thought over the next week, it will be about the final 10 games and whether we can, finally, have a, you know, somewhat, maybe, hopefully, decent-ish finish.

We only have 4 home games left so can we even make it to 4-6, meaning an 11 win season and a best ever finish?
Tbh, 5 and 5 would be a big step up fopr us b/c we would have to win a road game to get to 5 wins. If that 5-5 record was offered to us right now, I would take it and hope that 12 wins plus % was enough to sneak into the finals.

Our history says 3-7 to keep that 10 win season barrier in place.

If I give the Suns much thought over the next week, it will be about the final 10 games and whether we can, finally, have a, you know, somewhat, maybe, hopefully, decent-ish finish.

We only have 4 home games left so can we even make it to 4-6, meaning an 11 win season and a best ever finish?
Tbh, 5 and 5 would be a big step up fopr us b/c we would have to win a road game to get to 5 wins. If that 5-5 record was offered to us right now, I would take it and hope that 12 wins plus % was enough to sneak into the finals.

Our history says 3-7 to keep that 10 win season barrier in place.
games against Essendon, North, WC and Richmond away surely we break the duck. North is the first of that lot, soon as we win one it will mean so much to the group and its confidence

Not sure if this is the right place to post. But hearing that King has re-done his ACL today training

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From a mate who works at the club. Watched him enter the treatment room with the welfare guys in tears

Well you sound quite believable to me.
My only cause for optimism is I wouldn’t have thought they’d be training till Monday.

We are all going to be devastated by this as it will set us back this season and next season given the timing.

I’m really hoping it’s not an ACL. Maybe something else. But from what my mate says he was shattered. I’ll keep you posted

Surely one of the AFL journos wouldve made a post on twitter by now if it actually happened?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back