Round 3, 2008 vs Hawthorn. The 'Rivalry Round' Thread (officially approved by Giantroo)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Round 3, 2008 vs Hawthorn. The Pre Game Banging on Thread

Good thread this one, some good banter and some shocking banter, from both sides. You, however my friend need to take your blue and white glasses off and take a dose of reality/humility...

Should be good game, I can be sure that I'll be up at 4am tuning into the radio over here... Can' wait, if we can beat our bogey side after a win in Perth, look out! :thumbsu:

Supporters **members** that have faith in their players, coach should no need to surrender as for the blue & white glasses and take a dose of reality is more to do of how North dismantled the Hawks last year (TWICE!!) ..most of the AFL opposition don't really rate us, whether you're one of them, only you can answer, but I guess I have every angle & reason to believe we can beat the Hawks this week. If I'm wrong, I welcome you to return and let me have it. And as for North winning.. I'll just be vindicated for having faith.

So you beat us two out of three games last year.
If your lot is so -------- good, how did we "Front Runners" manage to beat you at all.

You are all so full of insecurities, wanting to be the underdogs and winning on 'shinboner spirit'.

The position of underdog is so very safe and for soft c-cks. If you win you get all the glory, if you loose, it dosen't matter, we were not supposed to win anyway.

How about you put it on the line and claim you are good enough win with skill and ability as well as guts and determination and will go all the way.

If North had the bollocks to put themselve out there, the media might give them some cred' but I know why you don't, it is because you know you are not goood enough.

Go Hawks. Show 'em last year is history and today is missery.

Lidge , is there any reason we are having to put up with arseh*le,s like this ^^ and that other ____ knuckle? This is clearly going beyond banter. We'd be red carded 5 times over if we pulled this shit on their board.

This is neither a Troll, nore personal abuse, just trash talk in response to the crap dribbling from these pages.

This is our board champ. We,ll "dribble" as much shit as we like. You on the other hand , don't have that right in here. So either pull your head in , or ____ off.

If your lot is so -------- good, how did we "Front Runners" manage to beat you at all.

You are all so full of insecurities, wanting to be the underdogs and winning on 'shinboner spirit'.

The position of underdog is so very safe and for soft c-cks. If you win you get all the glory, if you loose, it dosen't matter, we were not supposed to win anyway.

How about talking about the game??? I've given my 2c worth why I think we can win.. I don't control the bookie's market and if being the underdog is a bad thing, why are feeling the pressure if you think we're not capable???

How about you put it on the line and claim you are good enough win with skill and ability as well as guts and determination and will go all the way.

Coz my name isn't Schwab. :p But seriously, North are very capable of winning it all, I've even taken North @ $31 in the pre-season. (thinking by Round 3, we'd be shorter than than $20 if we overcome the Hawks. In the long run, many ppl will realise, that R1 result isn't the be & end all of the season.. it's what happens in the first 6 weeks. Get a 4-2 start then work on the next 5 to set your season up.

If North had the bollocks to put themselve out there, the media might give them some cred' but I know why you don't, it is because you know you are not goood enough.

And wTF are you talking about now B+G Blood? Have you already forgotten how many 'open letter' apologies the media (HUN) has printed in previous seasons??

Now that our NEW admin is doing the job that the previous have dismally failed to do, we're only getting better, don't you think?? 30k+ members
is one evident factor and with the re-development of Arden St due to commence, I think you should pay more attention to what's happening than think of the previous front office @ our club that were making us a laughing stock... As for your history & misery comment.. hope you can take what you dish out... we don't like, well me personally, I can tell if spineless talk isn't backed up with a return post to congratulate us after we win today.

We get your type zipping in, blah blah blah, zipping out all the time... your team loses and dissappear without a trace ... hence, your credibility crashes... the smart posters return after getting a touch up to say 'HOW WRONG they were' and actually congratulate us. Not that we get many posters that do that. :rolleyes:

We're gonna win...nerny nerny nerny :p

Pressure is on. Talk is cheap. ;)

Id rather be a softie than barrack for a team full of weak pr*cks who punch people behind the play when they cant win and take drugs all the time.

What is missery btw, if its anything like misery then you tell us, its been a long time since youre sorry mob won anything of note.

I think this game could go either way. We really need to spread the load up forward a lot more than the final last year and not be so franklin focused.
If you are double or triple teaming him like last year we need to look for roughy or boyle. Maybe even play franklin as a decoy for some of the match.

I think the addition of the small forwards stokes and rioli has made a big difference so far this year. Instead of the ball getting rebounded out of our forward line if the forwards don't mark it there are people in there putting pressure on to hold it in.

I don't think we can play as badly as last years final so i will tip us by 1pt but not with any huge amount of confidence.

I don't think we can play as badly as last years final so i will tip us by 1pt but not with any huge amount of confidence.

And it wouldn't surprise if North play better than last season's semi final. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id rather be a softie than barrack for a team full of weak pr*cks who punch people behind the play when they cant win and take drugs all the time.

What is missery btw, if its anything like misery then you tell us, its been a long time since youre sorry mob won anything of note.

They have more show-boaters than 1%er players in their team where as North have more 1%er players than show-boaters. I know the calibre of team I'd prefer to have when the hard ball/ game needs to be won. In rugby League, they really punish players that are reckless with off the ball thugery.. the AFL are double standard :eek:. They'll put a new dodgey system in place to protect the 'show-boat/ established' type that can't have the reputation of the league harmed. Hodge & Lewis are very lucky boys to be playing this early. I don't mind them playing but I'm confused with how the AFL are trying to deal with making the game a 'less physical game' yet tolerate CHEAP SHOTS!! In the street, Hodge & Lewis would be facing assault charges.

Indeed it is.

and?????? nothing more to add?? you come on an opposition's forum and TALK CHEAP without any game factors why your team can win??

No tactics to discuss?? do you know much about the game?? that's what banter is about.. a child of 2 years can say what you stated.. show abit of spine in your posts. That's all I ask. DARE YA!

and?????? nothing more to add?? you come on an opposition's forum and TALK CHEAP without any game factors why your team can win??

No tactics to discuss?? do you know much about the game?? that's what banter is about.. a child of 2 years can say what you stated.. show abit of spine in your posts. That's all I ask. DARE YA!

I would, but im just about to head out the door.

Illl return to gloat tomorrow ;)

Holy crap.. its now twenty to twelve and I'm getting nervous waiting for my first live game on tele for the year.

There is no need to argue who is better or worse.. there is only likely to be one winner in a few hours time.

I am interested to see if the Hawks can break down whatever cunning plan Laidley has in stall for us. The final was won in 2 ways: The first was to shutdown our damaging (and injured) playmaker - Hodge, the second was to minimise our possessions between 50m and about 80 m's. It was done beautifully.. there could be no pinpoint delivery hitting up forwards. By doing this the Hawthorn players from 80 - 100m out were forced to bomb it in. They looked to Lance Franklin to be the hero and beat too many guys. North identified this and cut him apart.

Quite simply we were out-coached on the day.

I have played under Laids and know that he does whatever it takes to win.. in his eyes.

I don't know what the result will be today.. it could be a blowout it could be close but while theres 2 teams playing anyone can win.

Minimising your inside 50's will be our way to win because potentially your goal kickers will be sure to kick plenty if its in there enough.

Forcing us to bomb it in to our 50 from outside 80m will again be your best chance to ensure we dont score enough. Our best two blokes that can beat this by quality entries from 80m are Hodge and Dew. Hodge will get tagged heavily (as he should) and Dew is obviously out.

I think if theres not enough pressure on the Hawk player with the ball and you allow us to kick inside 50 from 50 to 70m we'll win.

I look forward to a cracking game and hope like hell we play the ball this time round.

Good luck lads!

No, they'd be facing arse whippings.

Although Bad Brady dobbed poor Hodge in. Might ask him today if he's got enough hankies or whether a box of tissues will suffice.

Nothing in the 'WHoo-ha Jon ':rolleyes:' Ralph article. Even Hodge dismissed it.

If you recall, Jesse Smith's father, Ross Smith, got suspended for COVERING a lie, yup! With all the camera's on the incident, Hodge demonstrated actions of a sniper. Unlike Hodge really but if he can't overcome a tag, it tells sometthing about his teammates that need to follow his actions with the same insecure behaviour. Nowhere to hide Hodge. Rawling isn't dumb to make up BS just to risk fine/ suspension himself. Hodge is a very lucky player to get a
ONE week suspension.

Holy crap.. its now twenty to twelve and I'm getting nervous waiting for my first live game on tele for the year.

There is no need to argue who is better or worse.. there is only likely to be one winner in a few hours time.

I am interested to see if the Hawks can break down whatever cunning plan Laidley has in stall for us. The final was won in 2 ways: The first was to shutdown our damaging (and injured) playmaker - Hodge, the second was to minimise our possessions between 50m and about 80 m's. It was done beautifully.. there could be no pinpoint delivery hitting up forwards. By doing this the Hawthorn players from 80 - 100m out were forced to bomb it in. They looked to Lance Franklin to be the hero and beat too many guys. North identified this and cut him apart.

Quite simply we were out-coached on the day.

I have played under Laids and know that he does whatever it takes to win.. in his eyes.

I don't know what the result will be today.. it could be a blowout it could be close but while theres 2 teams playing anyone can win.

Minimising your inside 50's will be our way to win because potentially your goal kickers will be sure to kick plenty if its in there enough.

Forcing us to bomb it in to our 50 from outside 80m will again be your best chance to ensure we dont score enough.
Our best two blokes that can beat this by quality entries from 80m are Hodge and Dew. Hodge will get tagged heavily (as he should) and Dew is obviously out.

I think if theres not enough pressure on the Hawk player with the ball and you allow us to kick inside 50 from 50 to 70m we'll win.

I look forward to a cracking game and hope like hell we play the ball this time round.

Good luck lads!

See HFC082, your fellow Hawks supporter, Col44 has some spine. Good point Col44.

I agree, the pressure in the midfield is the key, as it is ALWAYS!!

That's better, some interest.

You cannot deny the safety of the underdog position vs that of the team expected to win. Simpson even claimed that North were surely the underdogs even with your teams recent record vs us. Go figure? Hence the label of S C.

As far as the game goes, do not expect to be playing the same game you played in the semi. We will not focus on Buddy in the same way. Our set up is more balanced and the addition of pace with Rioli and Stokes crumbing to our three talls makes us less reliant on taking marks as in the past. Poor old Dixon is gone and Osbourne has played probably two of his best ever games in a similar role this year.

I expect McIntosh being the better ruck should give you some advantage, it did not help Freo last week though. Our midfiled is not only highly skilled but also very capable of getting the ball, and we have many to rotate through that area. We are also tackling better this year as everyone is getting older and stronger. NOTE: The average age and experience of the two teams. North about two years older and 50 - 60 games more experienced.

Given I expect us to out gun your mids, I expect we will have more opportunity to score. We do have the potential to score very heavily and have scored over 100 points in both games this season. While our forwards are potent our defense can appear under sized. All the backs are very quick and ensure a contest minimising set shots at goal. The backs are also well drilled in clearing and setting up play.

North will have a possible nightmare match up for us in Thompson, but he can be forced under the ball as he often miss judges the flight. North also have other scoring avenues but I expect we will cope given the midfield advantage.

As will most modern footy, the game will be won by the winners in the middle. I think we are superior in that area and could very well end up winning comfortably.

The trip back from Perth has seemingly cost other teams, but I think we have had an extra day since playing so there should be no excuses either way.

Individual Midfielders

Yes, Harris is good in and under but the media are not all total tools. If he was half as good as your supporters think he is, he would be more recognised. Think S. West. I think Mitchell will be well matched by him but do not think Harris can damage us as much as Mitchell can you. Mitchell's hands and feets are very accurate.

Regardless of what Hodge himself said, he was just about running on one leg in the Semi last year and Rawlings will not have the same impact he did in that game. Hodge will be back to his damaging best.

NOTE: The average age and experience of the two teams. North about two years older and 50 - 60 games more experienced.

Interesting. ;)

North will have a possible nightmare match up for us in Thompson, but he can be forced under the ball as he often miss judges the flight. North also have other scoring avenues but I expect we will cope given the midfield advantage.

The quick rebound is the key. Having the Buddy Zone battened down, the execution of your other attempts needs to be spot on. Wasted chances early can punch a brutal hole in either team's chances. We paid the price in Rnd1 along with the fact Essendon's plan B worked a sinch when our midfield went AWOL.

As will most modern footy, the game will be won by the winners in the middle. I think we are superior in that area and could very well end up winning comfortably.

I think Mitchell will be well matched by him but do not think Harris can damage us as much as Mitchell can you. Mitchell's hands and feets are very accurate.

Regardless of what Hodge himself said, he was just about running on one leg in the Semi last year and Rawlings will not have the same impact he did in that game. Hodge will be back to his damaging best.

I agree wholeheartedly with you on the first paragraph here.
Don't underestimate Harris. That's why H has become the better ruckman... even Robert Campbell is rated due to the fact he has mobility and can play better than the likes of the Freo gumby, Sandilands. Hodge will have to be effiecient also. Think G.Williams.. got a ton of the ball in his day but his team didn't necessarily win / easily.

And as far as the AFL 'definition of clearance' ...thats a farce IMHO.. what's the point of reading 'clearance' if the ball comes out of the centre square and goes straight down the throat of the rebounding defender... I ask you??

The AFL stats are a pile of numbers that mean very little more time than not.

First goal, see sig.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3, 2008 vs Hawthorn. The 'Rivalry Round' Thread (officially approved by Giantroo)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back