Review Round 3, 2017: Williamstown v Box Hill Hawks, 30 April 2017, 2.00pm @ Burbank Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

He's injured, shoulder reconstruction in preseason from a bike accident. He's ahead of schedule and aiming for a mid year return to footy.

Thanks very much for this, very helpful. Could be a massive in for us in our push for the finals at the back end of the season.

I remember watching a young kid back at BH. He was too short, too slow, inefficient with his disposal and would never make it according to many experts. What he had was an unbelievable hunger to win the footy and you'd find him at the bottom of every pack.

His name- Sam Mitchell!

One of my greatest highlights of following Box Hill and Hawthorn. Watching a guy who was told he was no good work his way on to the Hawthorn list, cement a place in the side, become captain, win premierships and a Brownlow medal.

Who has the hunger to be the next Sam? Who will go the extra mile to make up for disadvantages and work on their inefficiencies?

Learn from what Sam did. He started running about BH City Oval just like you. He gutsed, he willed and he fought. He never gave in.

Box Hill can offer you the support to be your best but ultimately your attitude will determine your path.

Choose wisely. Beat your own path to the top because it sure won't be laid in front of you on a brown and gold platter.

Be your best. Success is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration.

Go the Hawks! Make this your year of above and beyond endeavours.

I want Box Hill to give our firsts a scare perhaps threatening a bit of "catastrophic change"

Stewart, O'Rourke and Fitzpatrick all need to keep playing well to force the selectors to pick them. A good performance by those players today and they'll definitely be in the mix for next week.

I'd like to see Stewart in the seniors. Even if he has his ups and downs. There's so much upside.

If Willsmore plays well again today he will surly come under consideration for next week.

It's a shame Cousins is on the rookie list.

More than ever, if you can't get to many Hawthorn games this year due to work or finances etc, at least get to a few Box Hill games and support. Nothing better than watching the next generation of Hawks emerge as fledglings and become premiership players at Hawthorn!

I'll be lucky to get to many games this year but will certainly be trying to.

Stewart, O'Rourke and Fitzpatrick all need to keep playing well to force the selectors to pick them. A good performance by those players today and they'll definitely be in the mix for next week.

I'd like to see Stewart in the seniors. Even if he has his ups and downs. There's so much upside.

If Willsmore plays well again today he will surly come under consideration for next week.

It's a shame Cousins is on the rookie list.
Maybe time to upgrade

I remember watching a young kid back at BH. He was too short, too slow, inefficient with his disposal and would never make it according to many experts. What he had was an unbelievable hunger to win the footy and you'd find him at the bottom of every pack.

His name- Sam Mitchell!

One of my greatest highlights of following Box Hill and Hawthorn. Watching a guy who was told he was no good work his way on to the Hawthorn list, cement a place in the side, become captain, win premierships and a Brownlow medal.

Who has the hunger to be the next Sam? Who will go the extra mile to make up for disadvantages and work on their inefficiencies?

Learn from what Sam did. He started running about BH City Oval just like you. He gutsed, he willed and he fought. He never gave in.

Box Hill can offer you the support to be your best but ultimately your attitude will determine your path.

Choose wisely. Beat your own path to the top because it sure won't be laid in front of you on a brown and gold platter.

Be your best. Success is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration.

Go the Hawks! Make this your year of above and beyond endeavours.

Would like anyone going to Box Hill to see if we have any speedy ball getters fast and willing enough to run and take the game on.

Maybe young Cousins could be our next Sam rd?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First Quarter Thoughts (based off these really poor quality radio calls):

• O'Rourke's name called quite a few times so far
• Ruck division is getting monstered by Meese
• Vickery main leading target up forward. Sounds most likely to present and take a contested mark.
• Morrison sounds like a good user of the ball

First Quarter Thoughts (based off these really poor quality radio calls):

• O'Rourke's name called quite a few times so far
• Ruck division is getting monstered by Meese
• Vickery main leading target up forward. Sounds most likely to present and take a contested mark.
• Morrison sounds like a good user of the ball

They are really bad today, excuses for everything and are pushing that ocean joke way too far. Was better last week when they had that Waterworth bloke doing commentary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 3, 2017: Williamstown v Box Hill Hawks, 30 April 2017, 2.00pm @ Burbank Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back