Preview Round 3, 2019: Hawthorn v North Melbourne, 7 April 3:20pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sat at Metricon 2 yrs ago and watched Aaron Hall destroy us. He was in similar form for most of last week's game. Surely not?

I was there as well. What a nasty game that was. I felt ill.

I was there two years previously when we won by nearly 100 points.
That was a nice evening on the Gold Coast. Doesn't make up for it though.

Can someone please explain why Nash is:
1. getting a game
2. not being played down back where he can learn to play (most Irish recruits start down back)
He was totally ineffectual last week and im not sure what his role is

Nash is also high up on goal assists this season.
He is not that bad, yes he makes mistakes, for the most part he plays his role, which is to apply pressure for our forwards to score. Totally ineffectual is not an accurate reflection of his game last week, there were a couple of passages of his play where he was quite influential. I’d say his game was inconsistent, but you get that with less than 10 games experience.

Rates number 1 for goal assists (in the entire league this year), and had a pretty good round 1 with 5 tackles. He wasn't great last week, but his role is to be a defensive forward who assists with goals, and he's probably just doing enough. He's very highly rated down at the club so they're not going to drop him after one stinker.

You said it better than me!

So chad and mirra in for burgoyne and shiels, mirra can only play back so need to rearrange backline, i.e. sicily forward and impey/?hardwick? midfield. We really need Ceglar and McEvoy to be taking marks wherever need be. Not super worried about the kangas midfield, think our inside game will hold up. Think our outside game could be the difference. Just need smith to lift so scully and henderson can better compliment the team. Not super worried about their forward line and don't particularly rate their backline either, they sorely miss Majak Daw.

I think we will match up well. The emergence of worps/cousins will only improve week by week. Another huge test for the young duo.

Missing Shiels hurts, however we need to learn to play without him and Burgoyne. Burgoyne is a massive out, however the writing seems on the wall with three hamstrings in a row.

Really looking forward to scrimshaw backing up his early season form. Has been solid and sure with his decisions.

Looking for Smith to make a difference. Scully to improve as the weeks go on.

Missed opportunity last week, however the odds of having two injuries again for more than a quarter are slim. Doesn’t happen often.

We are capable of grinding out a win. That’s all we need to do.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Scully and Wingard will likely still need to shake the rust off so it's a real danger game. They were 12-10 last year and were close to beating the Lions last week, not really pushovers considering we have a bunch of guys that aren't exactly intimate with our system and playing together.

I'd just like to see a more focused game from us, I could see at the end of the 3rd quarter last week we were in danger of collapsing. Stuff like that is usually a catalyst for us to perform better the next week, so here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back