Preview Round 14, 2024 : Richmond v Hawthorn, 4:35pm Sat 15th June MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are under-estimating the Dusty effect - their greatest ever player - they will be up and about like there is no tomorrow. It is their biggest game of the year, their GF.
We are going to have to be at our very best and their form over the past couple of weeks hasn't been to bad.

Some of us remember the day the tigers were going to ‘win for Jack dyer’ who had just passed away.
As well as us beating them I think they lost the next two and conveniently forgot the hype.

It’s not the same as a current player though, granted

Two thoughts:

1/ I'm assuming Breust will be sub. But I'm still not 100% convinced he will be. Probably 80%. I reckon there's still room for Mitchell to pull a surprise, but I just can't think who else it might be. Maybe Mackenzie? Will be a really important strategic decision.

2/ I feel like we're going to look back on this game in a few years as nearly as important as the line in the sand game. That will be regardless of the result - whether we smash them; a close win; they pip us; or they smash us. I think we'll use this game as a step ladder in the same way we have with Port. The narrative will differ depending on the result, but it's our first game in front of a huge crowd with this young, energetic team on the ascension.

Very excited about the weekend!
Easter Monday was a decent crowd but we only played in patches. But i agree this match, crowd and the atmosphere will be big building block.

Breust has gotta be the sub. He cant run out a full game.

Really?!?!?

I can see us losing many in many ways. Hubris is high on the list.

I always find it funny how people tend to mix supporter confidence with the players.

Unless Delicate Des is going to be late change for Meek, I can't see how Hubris from the supporters on an internet forum is going to translate to how the guys on the field will play.

Nankervis and Lynch will be extra physical . There will be a few late 'hits' from those two and some errant elbows and knees thrown in to get a retaliation from us

Great test for the guys , I'm excited to see how we handle it . Talking and preparing is one thing , performing and being cool out there is another .
Watching Lynch earlier this year don’t know his physical situation but geez he looked and moved like a sloth so I’m hoping that the competitor instincts that Frost brings every week every second with his run will expose old man Lynch. If he was talking to any club at the moment don’t think he could jump fences very well anymore.

Nankervis can throw his body around all he likes but we now have Meek, Newk, Nash, Chol, CJ, Weddle, Frost ……. not worried about the physicality of these campaigners as we now bring plenty of it each week.

Last edited:
I always find it funny how people tend to mix supporter confidence with the players.

Unless Delicate Des is going to be late change for Meek, I can't see how Hubris from the supporters on an internet forum is going to translate to how the guys on the field will play.
yeah, nah,

Overconfident supporters can definitely mozz a team. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are under-estimating the Dusty effect - their greatest ever player - they will be up and about like there is no tomorrow. It is their biggest game of the year, their GF.
We are going to have to be at our very best and their form over the past couple of weeks hasn't been to bad.
In their top 3 dusty

No 1 is kb
Dusty and captain blood for top 3

Surely this will be the biggest crowd ever for teams 12th vs 17th on the ladder. It was supposed to be a leisurely Sat arvo at the footy now somehow it's turned into a blockbuster. Exciting, but kinda baffling.

It’s funny but it’s always been the hawthorn fixture I’ve been most likely to miss

Then media types saying ‘get on down there’ this week when it’s clearly sold out

Got my boots ready just in case young MEEK is a late out. White ones are abit flashy for me

Messenger_creation_505094a3-fac6-4521-adc7-542d9d669df8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back