Game Day Round 3, 2021: Hawks v Cats, Easter Monday 3:20pm @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting, reminds me of that game against WB a few years back when the umpires wrestled back a large lead and gifted them the win. I can't recall too many scenarios where free gimmes are given in the fifty but it always appears to happen against us. Mind boggling.

We have a lot of players down at the moment. Sadly there are players who I deem as soft.

Not sure why every time we play these Handbaggers we are totally up against it when they start with 21 on the field.

A wasted quarter but we can't be to dis heartened a spirited show! the system stacks up. A very similar story to last week just lacking polish.

I feel this is because our best players are behind the footy. CJ,Impey,Scims brilliant.
Wingard dynamic is a notable inclusion great first half we need more of these players up at the footy.

Correct. Umpiring has had nothing to do with it. They have been harder around the packs and we have been more undisciplined with brain dead stupidity.

no way

We have been harder and applying heaps of pressure, we just lack composure and finishing skills

they take their chances, we don't.

You can't complain about the effort, the boys are trying hard. Geelong are a horrible football club, all I care about this year is that they don't win the flag.

Won't even get close.

A lot of players been very average.

Worpel and Howe are handicaps. can’t hit a target, maybe you would survive if you are getting 25-30 disaposals, Worpel and Howe 7 disaposals each, personally I thought they both should of been dropped, they will need to do something in the second half to stay in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be closer. Gifted them a couple. Otherwise, our ball movement has looked very good at times. Some good individual work as well from Wingard, Scrimshaw, Jiath and O'Meara (haven't seen that quick change of direction since his pre-injury days).

Will say, whilst not playing with complete fluency, little pieces of the overall jigsaw are slotting into place.

CJ + Impey driving off half back.

Scrim super clean by foot.

And most importantly, Harry Morrison in the back half, has well and truly started to arrive.

We have a lot of players down at the moment. Sadly there are players who I deem as soft.

Not sure why every time we play these Handbaggers we are totally up against it when they start with 21 on the field.

Who’s soft and are you harder than them?

We just cannot score easily. It is all so much effort for us to get chances and then we have wasted plenty.

Chad Impey Breust Scrimshaw very good. CJ makes things happen. Jaeger good in second term. Mitchell improved in second quarter but still not much impact, Worpel really struggling

Forward line very ineffective

It cost a goal that Hawkins probably would have kicked anyway but I did enjoy Hartigan giving him a Brian Lake special
Spot in if we could create a few easy goals we could conserve some energy. Have to earn every single one or kick them from deep in the pockets.

What was the exact incident that led to Selwood laying on the ground? Frost was laughing which either indicates minimal contact actually occurred or he got caught being naughty

Controversial opinion, if you're playing on Selwood maybe don't give the umpire a reason to blow a whistle. We know how he plays, we know the umpires are a ******* joke, but still.
Controversial opinion if you are going to hit him knock him into next week. Then he won’t get any more influence in the game. Sure you miss the next 3 but ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back