Autopsy Round 3, 2023: Hawks skin the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Just want a quick shout to Will Day not just for an outstanding game but the way he took that solid hit in the 3rd got back up and just got on with it. No sooking, no staying down, no hoping for a free. His toughness is underrated IMO. He is fast becoming an elite midfielder

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

IMG_0053.JPG

On the stat sheet, we were pretty dominant. This dominance should have resulted in a 100 point score if we had kicked for goal a little better.

Sheezel was the only North player amongst the major possession getters. So sad he is at North for a while longer.

Onto the cats! Let’s repeat last year’s result. Looking forward to watching in person.

Media create the pressure, then say "wow Sam, you had to deal with so much pressure this week!"

Good to get a win - we were alllll over them for most of the game.
We are a small side - Sicily the only tall in the side with any liklihood of winning his position on the ground.

• Day was brilliant to watch, thought it was the best skills he's shown. Took a big hit, dished out some big tackles, and just so creative.
  • Newcombe was great off a forward flank
  • Having Ward in the backline as a skilled player with good decision making (especialy when playing an uncontested game) was a great move.
  • Brocky and Moore - smalls that know where the goals are
  • Scrimshaw played a seriously good game.
  • Absolutely smashed them in the clearances. 42 to 24
That's where the proof is that moving on Mitchell and O'meara was the best move. We don't lack size or strength in the middle or speed for that matter just need experience and time to gel together.

North on the other hand have been a few years ahead building their list yet we beat them today and they will probably take a step back when cunnington and Goldstein go. I suspect howe and Sheils are mostly out there to teach Clarksons game plan and shout instructions.

Ive said it before and I will say it again about Scrimmers, he does not play a bad game of footy.

Super consistent player.

Glad to have Scrimmers back but not unhappy with Sam shoving a rocket up him the last couple of weeks.

He's super talented but he can definitely go another level if he wants it.

On the stat sheet, we were pretty dominant. This dominance should have resulted in a 100 point score if we had kicked for goal a little better.

Sheezel was the only North player amongst the major possession getters. So sad he is at North for a while longer.

Onto the cats! Let’s repeat last year’s result. Looking forward to watching in person.
Yeah great even spread. Still think we are over using though. Would he happier to see posies down and the score up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsu::
  • All the ins having a significant impact
  • Brocky - got to play every game he is fit for. Might be one of those weird units that just plays at the level of the competition he is in. Chad coming back cannot push this bloke out.
  • Scrimmers - had a very good game, but his leadership demonstrated is understated. Lots of talk. One time in the second half CJ would've been run down previous weeks, but Scrimmers was screaming at him, got the handball receive and cleared.
  • Will Day. Just Will Day.
  • Same with Dyl Moore.
  • Nash was so important all game, especially 2nd half when we were flagging. Just kept tanking in. Bloke was part terminator today. I'm gonna try and get him a vote
  • Sic didn't do much wrong. Did I see 18 marks? Hells Bells, if his named ryhmed with "Pooart" we'd never hear the end of it!
  • MacDonald was huge late when we were short of gas. Almost the difference when North were surging.
  • Fergus is close to our highest functioning "tall" forward in terms of craft. He nails that last set shot, he's almost in the votes
  • Mackenzie did fade late, but did a power of work. Future years I'd be pretty happy with a gameplan based around "when you can, try and give it to Frenchy". Kid makes s**t happen. #KID
  • Not popular, but Morrison was so important structurally and workraterlly. Yeah I know there were a couple of disposals turned over when he was hot, but the amount of times he started on the wing, ended up the deepest defender, before ending up forward. Did a power of work. Need more data, but could be part of the puzzle why our midfield defended better for 3/4s. Someone said if Morrison is the saviour then we're in massive trouble. He'll never be the saviour, but he's a handy bloke to have around in the meantime.
  • I thought Mitch coached pretty well against the master coach today.
  • So good to see the young blokes milling around laughing and smiling in the rooms after. Done a power of good to the squad today did! 😍
Upvote for the word "workraterlly".

That late goal from Moore where he grabs his jumper to show how how proud he is to wear it… f**king love it. We need 3-4 moore of him!
View attachment 1646294
hungry oliver twist GIF

WHAT NOW PURPLE AND CARO? WHAT NOW??
Is Clarkson still a master coach?

Was it the players fault this time?

*I'm being a smart ass, I still love Clarko, but the whole 'master coach' thing when he wins, and then how it's shelved when he loses, is bloody funny.

Yeah great even spread. Still think we are over using though. Would he happier to see posies down and the score up
Couldn’t watch the game today due to other commitments but thanks for all the commentary. Seems things went about as well as we could have hoped but did Worps get an injury or was it just a quiet day for him?

Couldn’t watch the game today due to other commitments but thanks for all the commentary. Seems things went about as well as we could have hoped but did Worps get an injury or was it just a quiet day for him?
Just a quiet day. He wasn't horrible though, just didn't get too much of it.

I may have missed something... wasn't Bramble dropped on Thursday?

Sent from my CPH1803 using Tapatalk
Yep - but they always pick the sub player from the emergencies now.

Only announce the 22 selected on Thursday and the 3 emergencies include the sub and usually the carry over player.

Worpel and Newcombe played most of the game forward of the ball, as link ups

Seemed like that goal on 1/2 time was kicked well after the clock hit zero yet i know the siren didn't go.

Also, that Meek kick in the last lol

Great win!
Fox clock isn't perfectly accurate. Also they took about 10 minutes to add North's first point to the scoreboard.

Our midfield is building nicely, i even thought Worps was decent without getting heaps of it.

It’s obvious that Sam wants to have an A grade midfield, we knew we were going into the year very light on for key forwards but if you can win the contested footy and clearances you don’t need superstars up forward.

Getting Lewis back and winning the midfield ball and we will look dangerous. I think we will surprise a few once Lewis is back.

Quiet day for James.

He did a few really neat things ✅

but a few times he tried to take on the tackler when a give to a team mate was on, and got caught HTB as a result. Hopefully he will get back to his last 3 weeks of form next week.

Seemed to be trying a bit too hard this week IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 3, 2023: Hawks skin the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back