Autopsy Round 3, 2023: Hawks skin the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Still not sold on brockman, but bloody hell it was a smart game. Led to the right spots, chased hard. Will make a believer of me very quickly if he keeps that up

Impey and bramble the turnover kings. At least Impey finally put his body on the line
What The Wtf GIF by Justin

Spanked them in contested possessions (+20), clearances (+16), tackles (+8) and one-percenters (+6).

Solid game (even if they did have two key outs in Simpkin and LDU).

Day - BOG. What an amazing start to the season.

CJ - Scintillating first half. Well held in the second.

Brockman - What a return! Just class all round. With and without the ball. His bumps and sheppards in the forward half were almost as valuable as his goals.

Nash - Amongst the best I thought. 24 possies, 6 tackles, and just strong around the contest.

Greene - Great reward for effort. Could have had four.

Morrison - Thought he had a really solid game, despite a clanger or two.

Newcombe - Hard at it. Strong in the air. Felt he had to play a bit more forward with our outs?

Moore - Great first quarter, quiet middle, strong finish

Worpel - A bit of a quiet game compared to the last two weeks.

Meek - A day to forget today. Onwards to next week.

A bit of an emotional rollercoaster today! Credit to the team to get off the mat, and close out the win. A great game to build off!!

The team showed belief, backed each other and held on till the last minutes to break open the wrestle. So many positives to take away when things click.

Having our first win being against Clarko is a little bit symbolic personally as it shows we can look positively to the future with Mitchell. Of course, we still have a long way to go, but I'm excited to see what's in store.

GO HAWKS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Media create the pressure, then say "wow Sam, you had to deal with so much pressure this week!"

Good to get a win - we were alllll over them for most of the game.
We are a small side - Sicily the only tall in the side with any liklihood of winning his position on the ground.

• Day was brilliant to watch, thought it was the best skills he's shown. Took a big hit, dished out some big tackles, and just so creative.
  • Newcombe was great off a forward flank
  • Having Ward in the backline as a skilled player with good decision making (especialy when playing an uncontested game) was a great move.
  • Brocky and Moore - smalls that know where the goals are
  • Scrimshaw played a seriously good game.
  • Absolutely smashed them in the clearances. 42 to 24

Gameday thread was a mess. There were a lot of posters - many who have been on here a long time - who chucked their tantrums far too early. You know who you are.

Pick it up or you are in for a long, long season.

This is where we are. We will lose most games and bottle a few winnable ones too.

But you need to relax, enjoy the kids and know that for every loss, we get closer to a generational player.. Insults without substance towards guys like frost, Greene, meek, reeves, impey and Nash, there is no need for it. These guys need to play to protect our kids. They aren't guns and likely they won't be in our next flag. But try and remember is a development year

Our most promising players (the ones who may become a grade) are all under 22.

Day, Newc, cmac x2, ward, brocky, moore, scrim, cj, worpel, hardwick, amon... it's a ****en exciting list but it's a slow burn.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Did what we had to do. Threatened to fluff it but finally found the composure and much needed one goal to steady the ship.

Regardless of result much more to like in terms of ball movement, defensive efforts and tackling.

Day, Brockman real highlights but plenty of terrific contributors. Hardwick, CJ,Scrim and Moore great all day.

CMac x 2 both real talents.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did what we had to do. Threatened to fluff it but finally found the composure and much needed one goal to steady the ship.

Regardless of result much more to like in terms of ball movement, defensive efforts and tackling.

Day, Brockman real highlights but plenty of terrific contributors. Hardwick, CJ,Scrim and Moore great all day.

CMac x 2 both real talents

Only 2 games off top spot

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back