Autopsy Round 3, 2023: Hawks skin the Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Sign Will Day up for life

Some of McDonald’s clean pick up’s and skills in the last quarter made the difference. He’s a ripper. Him and Brocky are the class up forward. Worried about how ordinary our rucks looks, and also some of the decision makers out of the back half. Had good stats but I hope that was Wards worse game he’ll play. So many clangers, unlike him. He needs to get stronger in contest. Going forward can’t play both Finn and Nash. Nash is Miles ahead. Bring in Copper Stephens he looks a player.

Brockman can become a legitimate star. The tools and confidence are there. So long as he strings a few games together then he can become anything.

Day needs to be signed ASAP.

Moore is full of heart and loves the club as much as we do.

Greene competed hard all game. Played well above his height and did it successfully.

Although they made a few errors, I feel that Reeves and Meek crashed the packs hard - which is essentially what we want them to do. They’ll just keep getting better.

Scrimmers had a great game for his return. Clunked a few marks and provided some drive out of defence.

Worps had a quiet one compared to his first 2 games, but it just meant that other players stepped up.

Ward, CMac and Mackenzie coming along very nicely. Great skills and composure from 2nd and 1st year players.

Dimma had his best game for the season. Looked much more confident out there.

CJ the same as Dimma.

Overall it was a nice win which we needed. Let’s be honest, we won’t win too many more this season - but as long as we’re competitive and play an attractive brand of football, then I’ll be happy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Hawthorn beat the Roos, Daniel Howe in a Clarkson team, Claa pressure forward
A star in the making.

11 disposals - 6 marks - 3 tackles - 3 goals - 1 behind

images

Plus the pressure acts, taps, bumps and smarts... made North defenders get the ball onto their boots quickly on more than one occasion too. Just needed time on the park to take up where he left off in 2021!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance we can duct tape Will Day to a chair at Waverley and not let him leave til he signs a 5 year contract?

Good to get a win. Team was actually clicking and playing coherent football. Won't happen every week as North are in a similar position to us, are backing up after a game in WA and did not apply much pressure in the first half. Still, a big change in the way we played and the ins this week made a substantial difference. All three had a big impact on the game. Have liked Connor Nash's competitiveness both games now and that adds so much to the contested ball and drive around the ground. Another positive was that players looked like they were both very focused and enjoying themselves out there. Big game in front of a large tv audience coming up.

Jiath seems to play much better when Scrimshaw is in the team. :think:
They definitely bring each other into the game. Lots of synergy between them. And between our whole back 6 with ball in hand today.

They show the sort of synergy that I hope our mids will have in a season or two of playing together.

Will Day. I said I saw Luke Hodge in him after his first game, and I think that is coming true. He may have a different build, but he can rally the troops like no other. If it wasn’t for his contributions in a terrible second half, we may not have achieved our first win of 2023 at the end. Sign him up for the next 5 years this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back