Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Melbourne (VFL)
Coburg Tigers v Box Hill Hawks this Saturday at Craigieburn

NOTE: Bounce Down is at 12.30pm - yes it's an odd time and no-one knowns exactly why.

ABC TV Coverage will be at 1pm as usual, but the match is being shown on a 40 minute delay.

LIVE Coverage of the game will be broadcast in Melbourne's Inner Eastern Suburbs on Community Radio 3WBC 94.1 FM
There will be an internet stream at www.3wbc.org.au

To get to the ground

Take a Craigieburn Train to the end of the line (Craigieburn).

Then from Craigiburn station take the 533 Craigieburn North Bus.

You'll want to hop off at Highgate Recreation Reserve (on The Grand - or Grand Parade - whatever they call it).

Travel time from the city combining Train and Bus is 45-50 minutes, allow extra time when travelling from where you are to the city.

Hope that help guys - remember 12.30pm start.

Pete @ 3WBC

Re: Round 3 - Couburg v Box Hill at Craigieburn

Coburg Tigers v Box Hill Hawks this Saturday at Craigieburn

NOTE: Bounce Down is at 12.30pm - yes it's an odd time and no-one knowns exactly why.

I'd presume that, being Anzac Weekend playing for the Anzac Cup there'd be some sort of official ceremony before the match prehaps? Not too sure, but that's my theory and I'm sticking to it haha

The really annoying thing about Box Hill playing BEFORE Hawthorn is that one (and often two) extra players miss out, as they are emergencies for Hawthorn. Players like Duryea, who is on the cusp of selection, miss out on much needed development/match practice, as they end up being non-playing emergencies.

Most likely we'll take two extra emergencies to Tassie on Sunday, so not only will Box Hill miss them but they may not play at all. Bad for Box Hill, bad for them.

I think this happpens about 10-12 times this year.

It's ok if your fringe players are seasoned, older guys. But for us it kinda sucks.

Official preview is in, you know the routine.
Coburg Tigers vs. Box Hill Hawks
Saturday 24th April
Highgate Recreation Reserve at 12:30pm

After claiming their second victory last weekend, the Box Hill Hawks travel down to Craigieburn to play Coburg.

Convincing winners against Geelong, Box Hill running on all cylinders will be out to prove a point in Saturday’s ANZAC weekend clash.
http://www.boxhillhawks.com.au/news-read.aspx?NewsId=587

Coburg Tigers vs. Box Hill Hawks (ABC TV)
Saturday 24th April
Highgate Recreation Reserve at 12:30 PM
Coburg Tigers
B
Farmer Morgan White
HB
Polo Gourdis McMahon
C
A. Collins Carnell Connors
HF
Nahas Post Jordon
F
King Morton Roberts
R
Simmonds S. Power Kahlefeldt
Int
Contin Lawton* M. Smith Duhau
Rayson Hicks Clifton Browne Webberley
O'Rielly
Piuselli Graham Dennis

Box Hill Hawks
B
Savage Dowler Duryea
HB
Kayler-Thomson Suckling Sierakowski
C
Morton Muston Whitecross
HF
Young X. Ellis Shiels
F
Williams Lisle Moss
R
Peterson Ablett Breust
Int
Kiel Van Unen Renton Neil
Kenna J. Hoegel Tobin* Curnow
Bello Smithwick Pedersen Kitchin
S. Gibson

I am looking forward to this game.

Would like to see a strong performance by Dowler and Lisle. Dowler needs to build his confidence, and no better than beating the hell out of richmond players.

Watch out for Duryea, another strong performance and a call up to the firsts very soon.

Morton needs confidence and needs to learn to play forward in the ressies.

Musto - few more weeks and will be in contention.

I am looking forward to this game.

Would like to see a strong performance by Dowler and Lisle.
Dowler needs to build his confidence, and no better than beating the hell out of richmond players.

Watch out for Duryea, another strong performance and a call up to the firsts very soon.

Morton needs confidence and needs to learn to play forward in the ressies.

Musto - few more weeks and will be in contention.

Particularly interested in dowler lisle and muston and to alesser degree duryea. I think we need a bit a tall timber pushing for selection keeps the other guys in the team honest and as for Muston well i think everyone knows i am pushing for him. Hope he goes well. Unfortunately as i suspected won't be able to make it this week.

Hope for a great game and a great write from you GH about the aforementioned players

A big chance for Moose Lisle. Simmonds is a shot duck as an AFL ruckman but if Lisle dominates him it will make Lisle's case for promotion compelling.

Particularly interested in dowler lisle and muston and to alesser degree duryea. I think we need a bit a tall timber pushing for selection keeps the other guys in the team honest and as for Muston well i think everyone knows i am pushing for him. Hope he goes well. Unfortunately as i suspected won't be able to make it this week.

Hope for a great game and a great write from you GH about the aforementioned players

TFP, just a reminder that it is on tv if you cannot make it. As you know you see more at the ground.

one more note, is young savage, he has been down on confidence would like to see him show some more urgency. he has a great long kick and need him to develop to be one of our premier outside runners next year.

TFP, just a reminder that it is on tv if you cannot make it. As you know you see more at the ground.

one more note, is young savage, he has been down on confidence would like to see him show some more urgency. he has a great long kick and need him to develop to be one of our premier outside runners next year.

According to the stats Savage got it often enough was it that he wasn't breaking the lines. No run and carry? Kicking consistency? or just looked off his game as in going through the motions

According to the stats Savage got it often enough was it that he wasn't breaking the lines. No run and carry? Kicking consistency? or just looked off his game as in going through the motions

TFP, i don't want toi criticise him at all as he is a second year player and very young like shiels.

he is young and will be good, however his body (lack of strength) restricts him and his lack of tackling pressure also. Will benefit with more confidence, which will then mean we see more run and carry and those 60 metre pot shots from the 'macho man'

he'll be right!

TFP, i don't want toi criticise him at all as he is a second year player and very young like shiels.

he is young and will be good, however his body (lack of strength) restricts him and his lack of tackling pressure also. Will benefit with more confidence, which will then mean we see more run and carry and those 60 metre pot shots from the 'macho man'

he'll be right!

Thanks for your input mate. Can i just say i don't think anything you say about a player will be taken as criticism. It only comes across as criticism when some does it intentionally. For instance and i quote "He is a lazy footballer and will never make it at afl level". That statement offers nothing but cirticism. It doesn't go into any detail about how the person came to that conclusion.

Pointing out percieved weaknesses in some ones game is not criticizing him. I am sure sure Shane has probably heard this from the coach. It is interesting to get different points of view. It helps paint a better picture so keep it coming.

Hawthorn & Richmond must have planned a Morton family reunion, with Jarryd & Mitch both being dropped. Mitch Morton will be tough for BH to contain.

Coburg fielded a veritable who's-who of Richmond talent last week, and yet were beaten by wooden spoon favourite, Frankston.

I have changed the selected side a little to take into account the changes to the Hawthorn side. It's a bit on the short side!

Box Hill Hawks
B
Savage Dowler Duryea
HB
Kayler-Thomson Suckling Sierakowski
C
Morton Muston Kiel
HF
S Gibson Pederson Kenna
F
Williams Lisle Moss
R
Renton Ablett Breust
Int
Van Unen Neil
J. Hoegel Tobin* Curnow
Bello Smithwick Kitchin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Muston plays on Morton it will be good to judge him on his performance then. They are around the same height. I am loving the fact that Box Hill is winning and we are playing a good brand a footy. It helps with the hawthorn listed players gaining confidence and getting that winning feeling

One of Moss, JKT & Duryea will probably have to miss tomorrow's game as they'll be needed to be an emergency for Hawthorn on Sunday.

I hope it's not Duryea, who's missed his fair share of games when filling the emergency role alrerady.

One of Moss, JKT & Duryea will probably have to miss tomorrow's game as they'll be needed to be an emergency for Hawthorn on Sunday.

I hope it's not Duryea, who's missed his fair share of games when filling the emergency role alrerady.

Sort of hope it is moss who they take over to tassie as the emergency as keen to have a look at Duryea and JKT again on tv. However, even if one of them doesnt play today we may see them on tv on sunday if there is a late change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back