Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree with Stevens. For his price, you can't find any better.

There's quite a few players from far lower price points that are outperforming him (over two rounds). Stevens is probably my biggest disappointment thus far, but as everyone has him, it's not an issue. Although, now do you think coaches might start to look at offloading him to gain an advantage over those that are going to hang onto him??? :cool:

There's quite a few players from far lower price points that are outperforming him (over two rounds). Stevens is probably my biggest disappointment thus far, but as everyone has him, it's not an issue. Although, now do you think coaches might start to look at offloading him to gain an advantage over those that are going to hang onto him??? :cool:

i dont think stevens has done that bad. He was very very cheap and is averaging like 75. Will get u heaps of cash

i dont think stevens has done that bad. He was very very cheap and is averaging like 75. Will get u heaps of cash
Unless you're planning to use him as a cash cow, the cash increase is irrelevant. I plan to keep Stevens all year, so all I want is consistent scores from him. Doesn't bother me if that's an average of 70 for the first 5 weeks, then an average of 85 for the rest of the season. That's worth it, considering his initial price.

Thinking i might trade N.G. Brown for Hill. This frees up a lot of cash, which i could use to trade the (injured?) drummond for the likes of someone who will perform a little better.

Only other consideration is trading Lade for Cox... I don't trust Lade to pull the big scores consistently enough this year.

Drummond is around $375k you don't need to waste a trade to free up cash to get someone good for Drummond. Sam Fisher and Heath Shaw are cheapear than Drummond...

Anyone know how long Drummond is out for?

This could be cox's lowest price, I want to pick up Hill but most of my forwards will easily get there break even except for S Johnson. I have started Wood and Simmonds, Im very tempted to get S Johnson --> Hill, and then upgrade Wood to Cox. Either that or upgrade Boak/ N Jones to an elite mid.

Drummond is around $375k you don't need to waste a trade to free up cash to get someone good for Drummond. Sam Fisher and Heath Shaw are cheapear than Drummond...

Anyone know how long Drummond is out for?

At least a month they are saying, which hurts me.

I'm not positive who to trade him for yet

Will $442 700 be enough for Cox next week?
His starting price is $436 600

Keeping in mind he shouldnt score as many points against Freo as he wont get as many hitouts against Sandilands

If I use Symes in a trade Ill have $442 700
If I use Scott Stevens in a trade I will have $461 300

I plan on downgrading P.Burgoyne to Osborne. Free up some cash for upgrades down the track.

P.Burgoyne is on the slide and Osborne's price is set to jump...

Constructive thoughts and/or criticism anyone?

Will $442 700 be enough for Cox next week?
His starting price is $436 600

Keeping in mind he shouldnt score as many points against Freo as he wont get as many hitouts against Sandilands

If I use Symes in a trade Ill have $442 700
If I use Scott Stevens in a trade I will have $461 300

Why are you trading Symes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I plan on downgrading P.Burgoyne to Osborne. Free up some cash for upgrades down the track.

Have fun using another trade in 2 weeks when Osborne has been dropped on the back of two weeks where he has scored under 50.

Don't just jump on him because he has scored well in the first 2 rounds of the year, he only played round 1 when he came in as a late replacement.

But go for it if you want

osborne played melbourne, if you don't score big against melbourne you don't deserve to be selected.

Can someone please try and explain exactly how the money system works? I've done plenty of dreamteam in the past, but not for quite a few years so the whole trading system is new to me. Atm I have Gamble, Tippet and Rioli as my 3 forward rookies... Should I trade Tippet for stokes/hill so that I can get some cash when their price increases and how do you know how much they will increase?

Like will Hill go to about $250,000 at round 3 if he keeps going the way he is? Would I then sell him down to another rookie for say $100,000 and then use the spare cash to upgrade another player? I guess this is how it works, but having never seen the price changes it's hard to get an idea on how it all works. Any help would be great!

http://dreamteamtalk.com/resources/

guys if u see people doing stupid trades, i dont see a reason to help them or tell them not to unless they specifically and genuinely ask for some assistance or opinions. Why would you help the people you are competing against??

i just keep my mouth shut and observe from afar (bar this post of course):p

I have $65000 in the bank and im keen to get Cox in my team, but the only trade is

Franklin----) Hill

Leuenberger-----) Cox

Thoughts?

I need Cox in my team
Symes is my lowest scoring backmen
Symes to Thornton looks like a good trade

Symes was your lowest scoring backman with 77?

Two rounds in Thornton looks like a good trade, don't forget in 18 games in 2007 he only averaged like 55, so it is risky... Still he is quite cheap, and will go up in value so it isn't a to bad a choice I guess.
Symes and Thornton aren't going to be that different this year I wouldnt have thought, seems like a bit unnecessary IMO.

If you need Cox so badly you should have got him at the start like everybody else

Two rounds in Thornton looks like a good trade, don't forget in 18 games in 2007 he only averaged like 55, so it is risky... Still he is quite cheap, and will go up in value so it isn't a to bad a choice I guess.
Symes and Thornton aren't going to be that different this year I wouldnt have thought, seems like a bit unnecessary IMO.

If you need Cox so badly you should have got him at the start like everybody else

He is my lowest for the 2 weeks combined

I was hoping Cox would have a quiet start to the season and I could upgrade to him a bit later. It was a risk that didnt come off happy to admit it

I cant see Symes averaging much more then 60 anyway. Thornton is playing his position a lot different then last year. Not playing so tight and running of his man a lot more this year or even playing loose

As has been said before Thornton will be an ok pick up. Prob average similar to Symes therefore if you upgrade to Cox with the cash from that trade I cant see how its not a win win situation.

As has been said before Thornton will be an ok pick up. Prob average similar to Symes therefore if you upgrade to Cox with the cash from that trade I cant see how its not a win win situation.

Because Symes is worth nearly exactly the same as Thornton and will average just as much as him over the year probably, and in the end you have used two trades (and maybe trades in round 1) pretty early in the year.

I agree that you should get Cox in for sure, I just would have thought you might have had a better player to trade out for him. Realistically though your probably not going to be able to get Cox in any other way, so go for it I guess, there your trades after all :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back