Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Alipate Carlile anyone? Before you cut me down and explain he's a key position backman and won't score heavily hear me out. He's $139,500....last two rounds have been 50 and 79 against Geelong and Sydney. Looks set to play all games. Is providing some run from the full back line. Those back bench positions have been causing serious headaches. I have players like Lachlan Hansen, Proud and Scott Thompson....I'm not sure if any of those players will play most games....thoughts please and perhaps some alternative options would be appreciated.

I hear you mate no cheap defenders worth looking at i have up to 220K and i cant see a player that will play consistantly anywhere, there are plenty of options for all other positions at much less money.

I will probably accept the possibility of a couple of zeroes for the next 5 or 6 weeks then do a big upgrade into the 300K+ on one of the weakest rookies using a cash cow, i dont want to waste a trade taking a chance.

This may not be relevant to this thead but what does everyone think about Fevola.

He was sort-of cheap and I think his score will go higher soon.

Whats with Josh Hill.... everyone wants him:eek:

Fev to Hill might not be the worst trade you could make, I think the biggest problem with Fevola is his consistency, however there is no doubting he can have some massive games as well.

So far though, Josh Hill looks like he will play a lot of games this year, and while he has had a couple of cracking weeks so far, I don't know that he'll continue to score 90+ in DT. It's quite possible that he'll score consistently more than Fev though.

He's also a great cash cow :D

what can i do with monfries if he is not named? I don't particularly like the idea of a trade for hill as its 200k sitting in the bank (as is monfries on the bench effectively i guess:thumbsdown:) and there are no obvious options for an upgrade. I would need someone 311k or less. thoughts?

what's the deal with tippett? i'm getting conflicting reports and i can't trade him straight out for hill as i don't have enough cash. i would sorely love to do bradshaw -> hill but this only is ok if tippett will be playing within, say, 2-3 weeks (I have rioli as cover and my other forwards are fine but i don't like having tippett useless on the bench for an extended period)

what's the deal with tippett? i'm getting conflicting reports and i can't trade him straight out for hill as i don't have enough cash. i would sorely love to do bradshaw -> hill but this only is ok if tippett will be playing within, say, 2-3 weeks (I have rioli as cover and my other forwards are fine but i don't like having tippett useless on the bench for an extended period)

Rioli as cover? Rioli should be on the field ahead of Tippett anyway haha.

I can see the Thornton/Osbourne dilemma (whether they will continue their scoring form) becoming similar to the Fiora/Knights dilemma last year, where both had an average of about 90 after round 2... and people were deciding which one to jump on. Smart people went with Knights, and the not-so-smart people went with Fiora (like me).

Knights continued on to be one of the smokeys of the year, where as Fiora flopped worse than a jessica simpson movie.

I reckon one of Thornton/Osbourne will go well where as one will flop. I guess its a bit different in that neither of them are up and coming players like Knights was, both are more like a Fiora haha... which isn't the best sign :eek:

Pendlebury > Kelly
Pendlebury > M Murphy
S Stevens > Thornton
or
S Stevens > Osbourne

I think Kelly is a safe pick. He is definitley in Geelongs best 22 by some margin and in a winning team he is bound to get plenty of points. But will his fellow mids hog posession?

M Murphy is doing well but can carlton get enough of the ball to feed Murphy? Judd is taking the best tagger so this helps Murphy

Thornton has had a good start to the year and with Symes and Stevens in my team it seems like only 1 will ever have a good game. With Adelaide smashing WCE he only scored in the 40's

Will Osbourne score when Crawford + others come back in to the line up

I need to do 1 of these 2 get Cox

Well I doubt that Ozzie will continue to score at his current level. He has been playing stints in the midfield due to Lewis and Crawfs not playing. With both players (and Hodge) back soon, he will probably go back to spending the game in a forward pocket. Still score decently, but not at his current level.

Thornton on the other hand is a mystery to me. If he is the Blues new link up/set up man, he will rake it in. Could easily average 80-85 on the season, which would make him a keeper. Im really not sure what to make of im, he has only scored one DT 100 in his whole career prior to round 1.

On a seperate note, how important is it to get your ressies right early on? Im definately trading for Hill this week, but im tossing up whether to pick up Gamble aswell. My current forward line looks like this:

Pavlich
Brown
Franklin
Didak
Deledio
Jetta
Rioli
Tippett

Im definately trading Jetta for Hill. Dont have enough spare cash to trade Tippett for him. Is it worth trading Tippett for Gamble? Tippett is only due for a 23k rise this week, Gamble is on for a 50k rise, plus further rises in weeks to come.

Worth the trade?

backs - fisher, shaw, bones, mattner, symes, ellis, pfeiffer, s.d.thompson, n.brown

anyone think a thompson/brown ----> osborne trade is worth it?

this will leave pfeiffer and the other player on my bench

cash isnt an issue

I was thinking about putting Cox as my captain...my current captain is K Cornes

What do you think? Worth it? Or did Kane just have a bad week?

Pendlebury > Kelly
Pendlebury > M Murphy
S Stevens > Thornton
or
S Stevens > Osbourne

I think Kelly is a safe pick. He is definitley in Geelongs best 22 by some margin and in a winning team he is bound to get plenty of points. But will his fellow mids hog posession?

M Murphy is doing well but can carlton get enough of the ball to feed Murphy? Judd is taking the best tagger so this helps Murphy

Thornton has had a good start to the year and with Symes and Stevens in my team it seems like only 1 will ever have a good game. With Adelaide smashing WCE he only scored in the 40's

Will Osbourne score when Crawford + others come back in to the line up

I need to do 1 of these 2 get Cox

He was following cox for a while, so that would have affected his score.
It wasn't a terrible idea getting Stevens, but Bock is stealing his thunder.

Murphy is a great get this year but its your last chance to get him this week though if you don't have him.

I need to get rid of Waite and Kosi.......absolutely butchering my side

What do people think is the best combo in the fwrd line with $624,400?

Obviously i'll be waiting until the end of the week before trading.

Atm, Brad Johnson and Josh Hill look like a good combinationg leaving me plenty of money to upgrade another player later on.

Currently my fwrd line is Pavlich, S Johnson, Kosi, Waite, B. Hall, Porplyzia, Rioli, (Edwards, Gamble) and its weak as

I can see the Thornton/Osbourne dilemma (whether they will continue their scoring form) becoming similar to the Fiora/Knights dilemma last year, where both had an average of about 90 after round 2... and people were deciding which one to jump on. Smart people went with Knights, and the not-so-smart people went with Fiora (like me).

Knights continued on to be one of the smokeys of the year, where as Fiora flopped worse than a jessica simpson movie.

I reckon one of Thornton/Osbourne will go well where as one will flop. I guess its a bit different in that neither of them are up and coming players like Knights was, both are more like a Fiora haha... which isn't the best sign :eek:

im sorry but that was terrible

im thinking fev out for hill and buckley out for murphy leaving me with 100k in the kitty still

a lot of people seem to be jumping off jones this week, dont really see why, averaged 74 first two weeks and dominated early stages of the game last week before wb annihilated us in the second half, only really expected an average of 80-85 from him for about half the season so he would rise to about 370k at some stage so i could upgrade to a premium who has fallen a little

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which trade option is the best?

Option 1
Jetta -> Didak
(Armitage -> Tuck/Geary/Jack)

or

Option 2
Jetta -> Gamble
Armitage -> Murphy

Each trade will give me 1 keeper and a playing cash cow. If taking option 1 I could leave out the Armitage trade (Will he be getting a game soon?) and Didak would be the keeper. In option 2 Murphy would be the keeper.

I have no problem with using 4 trades over the first four weeks, these are the key ones to make before all the player values update.

My trades this week are for two players I think are must haves, Cox and Thornton. I think as long as Carlton struggle, Thornton is going to get a lot of the ball as they play the chip-chip game all year long...

Thornton for Guerra
Cox for McIntosh

Gonna have to be happy with the cash cows I have already becuase I think these two will go out to a unpracticle price after this weekend...

Just toying with ideas atm....what do you guys think of this?

N.Thompson for J.Hill
T.Cloke for J.Brown

thoughts?

keep cloke i would say, i expect him to average around 85 this season, he scored 49 in a half in the wet then did nothing for a qtr and got injured.
he should be right this weekend and if he doesnt perform brown should stay around the same price unless he has a 150 game so you could do the trade next week

keep cloke i would say, i expect him to average around 85 this season, he scored 49 in a half in the wet then did nothing for a qtr and got injured.
he should be right this weekend and if he doesnt perform brown should stay around the same price unless he has a 150 game so you could do the trade next week

Yeh i aint sure about Cloke....but if he becomes a late withdrawal this week....i will go nuts.

Because players always say they are right and end up being late withdrawals. So even with Cloke saying he is fine, i dont trust him :D.

I dont know.....however getting Brown could be a great bonus to my side and if i was to wait till round 3, Cloke's price will drop a considerable amount i would think, which means i wont have enough money to get Brown.

Thoughts?

Which trade option is the best?

Option 1
Jetta -> Didak
(Armitage -> Tuck/Geary/Jack)

or

Option 2
Jetta -> Gamble
Armitage -> Murphy

Each trade will give me 1 keeper and a playing cash cow. If taking option 1 I could leave out the Armitage trade (Will he be getting a game soon?) and Didak would be the keeper. In option 2 Murphy would be the keeper.

Definately option 2 mate armitage will struggle to get a game anytime soon you'd think

Guys i wanna trade schammer

i have $40 000

i can drop mooney or cloke down to whatever

and upgrade schammer

how is the best way i can do this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back