Review Round 3: v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind the 'flying under the radar' aspect.. I just find it curious that the media seems oblivious to the fact that these teams have just 'happened' to have really really really poor games where they look second rate.. against us!

True the way the media have acted with such shock at Carlton's performance, anyone who saw last weeks match against the Hawks and Carlton's effort against Richmond would have tipped us.

The North performance was a bigger surprise than the Carlton performance was although their pre-season had been a bit poor but still most had them favorite based on our ordinary pre-season when we looked like we would struggle to kick winning scores.

Had to have a laugh at a 1st and a 3rd gamer both giving it to Murphy physically every chance they got, even though they are built like 14 year old girls.

Also, Pig taking Murphy down over the boundry line, getting up and looking over him while giving him the get the f*%k up stare, classic!

Had to have a laugh at a 1st and a 3rd gamer both giving it to Murphy physically every chance they got, even though they are built like 14 year old girls.

Also, Pig taking Murphy down over the boundry line, getting up and looking over him while giving him the get the f*%k up stare, classic!
Yeah, was an unedifying look for Murphy.

That is sort of what the Chief picked up on on the couch in his example Goddard gave it too someone and only one Carlton player reacted with a push when they should have had three or four guys in Goddards face.

This is true but for once i would like us be talked about for all the right things.

Yep. Why is there a chronology of the supplements saga in the AFL newsfeed instead of a story about our solid start, but also the steps we've taken with Bomber to make it last throughout the season?

Or simply no unprevoked reference to the supplements thing.

The funny thing is though, it's Rd 3 and we might be saying the opposite by Rd 10. Who knows.

Very true. This team has still to prove it can play consistent quality football in the last 3rd of the season.

I'd rather look at our team positives than mock opposition clubs (that's what my alias account is for...just kidding Doss :p)

What I'm really exited about is the balance of the whole list at the moment. I honestly believe the club has given it's self two legitimate windows from 2014-17 and 2019-22 to challenge for a premiership.

However, the 2nd window is still largely dependent on future drafting, free agency and the continued development of the current list, while phasing out important players like Watson, Stanton, BJ, Hocking, Dempsey & Winderlich while managing players like Ryder, TB, Hooker, Pig and Baguley who will be close to or over 30.

Very true. This team has still to prove it can play consistent quality football in the last 3rd of the season.

I'd rather look at our team positives than mock opposition clubs (that's what my alias account is for...just kidding Doss :p)

What I'm really exited about is the balance of the whole list at the moment. I honestly believe the club has given it's self two legitimate windows from 2014-17 and 2019-22 to challenge for a premiership.

However, the 2nd window is still largely dependent on future drafting, free agency and the continued development of the current list, while phasing out important players like Watson, Stanton, BJ, Hocking, Dempsey & Winderlich while managing players like Ryder, TB, Hooker, Pig and Baguley who will be close to or over 30.

Agreed, 2018 is going to suck :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bkz_tgJCUAA0dQl.jpg

Pears will get opportunities this year.. and he is a very very good depth player.. and how wonderful to have that back up..

Exactly. Our best six contains Fletcher and Hurley, neither of whom are likely to play more that 16 to 18 games this season (though hopefully Hurley can surprise with an injury-free campaign). There should be plenty of opportunities for Pears and he would surely be better than the backup most teams have for their defensive line.

Watched the replay this morning. Anyone notice Tom Harley's swipe at Hird, saying we are much better coached this year?

Only everybody noticed it.

On the flipside, Harley's going to be a Thompson fanboy by default.

Watched the replay this morning. Anyone notice Tom Harley's swipe at Hird, saying we are much better coached this year?

Yes, won't be the last time it is said either. Bomba responded later, something along the lines of 'Tom, you silly bugger why did you say that for'.

To me, the team has gone forward, but I would have expected that progression regardless of Hird or Thompson sitting in the seat.

Harley as commentary member is either captain obvious or captain idiot. It's a wonder he's there. Less of a wonder the premiership captain's flinging love at his premiership coach.

Probably no need for him to mention Hird, really. I mean, you'd expect progression in the group and Bomber to be a better match-day coach.

The cherry on top was mcclure on 360 last night, telling mallthouse he was disrespecting the carlscum brand and the integrity of the sponsors with his churlish pressers. Supporters and sponsors were owed more, and don't bite the heads off the poor journos. Blamed sticks for not pulling mm into line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 3: v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back