Review Round 3: v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

For us to go anywhere though. We need 70 goals in a single season from Daniher, Carlisle, TBC/Ryder.

History will tell you this is a minimum for all premiership sides.
I think more goals will come from Chappy and Licka to begin with. And this is only a good thing for Daniher and Carlisle. Licka with all the bad luck he's had is one of the most underrated forwards in the game IMO. If he can cause more grief in the next few weeks people will start to notice him a little more. This could seriously shake up opposition defences and subsequently clear up a bit of room for Carlisle, Hardy and Daniher.

Goals from the forwards are good, but we have played a total of 25 players this year and only 9 of them haven't kicked a goal in the first 3 games. I love that.

What if we get 20 from Ambrose, 40 from Chappy and 30 from Winderlich? Hardy can chip in with another 20 and I think that between Watson, Goddard, Zaharakis, Stanton, Myers and Melksham can add around 150 between them. That is 260 goals already, which is averaging around 12 a game. Then if we were to average 16 goals a game then yes we need another 80 goals between them. However, I am very hopeful that we can easily defend 14 goals a game, so I'd be happy if they contibuted more to team defense and only contributed 50-60 goals between them!

I think more goals will come from Chappy and Licka to begin with. And this is only a good thing for Daniher and Carlisle. Licka with all the bad luck he's had is one of the most underrated forwards in the game IMO. If he can cause more grief in the next few weeks people will start to notice him a little more. This could seriously shake up opposition defences and subsequently clear up a bit of room for Carlisle, Hardy and Daniher.

Goals from the forwards are good, but we have played a total of 25 players this year and only 9 of them haven't kicked a goal in the first 3 games. I love that.

In big games, KPP's stand up.

Even the one questionable premiership KPF combo this century (WCE - 2006, Quinten Lynch 65 + Adam Hunter 29/Brent Staker 24) had very capable forwards.

Joe could do this. Just need some able assistance from the other guys I mentioned.

Al round team effort last night,

Was slightly concerned before the game, but the first few minutes the team was there to play and I was happy.

Great team effort.

Still smiling this morning too.

How much do we all love Chappy now too, Bomber for life.

whilst my copy of The Age didn't have a gameday report in it (seriously Fairfax, get ****ed, that's the last straw and I've cancelled my weekday subs. What, it got too late for you??), I did read the report online and this line stuck out:

Good as Goddard was at St Kilda, he has risen to a new plane with the Bombers.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ma...e-old-enemy-20140406-36764.html#ixzz2yA1psdNw

feck yeh

whilst my copy of The Age didn't have a gameday report in it (seriously Fairfax, get ******, that's the last straw and I've cancelled my weekday subs. What, it got too late for you??), I did read the report online and this line stuck out:

Good as Goddard was at St Kilda, he has risen to a new plane with the Bombers.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ma...e-old-enemy-20140406-36764.html#ixzz2yA1psdNw

feck yeh
I think it's expected that that timeslot is too late for it to make the papers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Narrow loss to reigning premier. Win against a bogey side. 13 goal win against a team that normally suits up for us.

Things i liked:
Quiet nights from Zaka & Jobe and we smashed the midfield battle
Melks missing his usual sharp touch but kept competing and backed himself. Liking this kid
Jackson Merrett - 35 disposals. Loving this kid
Dyson Heppell - my Sam Mitchell man crush is being replaced.
Bags and Hibberd in the back pockets
1 goal to Carltons small forwards.
0 goals to Waite.
Goddard getting crazy angry when we're 10 goals up
Hurley & Hooker shaping up nicely as key backs.
Chappy's snaps
Gleeson's coolness under pressure.

And Ill throw one out to the Blues. It was good to see Rowe get out there and play.

Carlton's confusion over daylight savings was the cause of their shiteness.

10151792_10201840521554460_3157224081103782500_n.jpg

Herald Sun got it in?
Possibly, I don't get the HS. I would imagine it would be tight to get it in for print on the Sunday night. Do normal Friday and Saturday night matches make the papers normally?

Herald Sun got it in?

The Advertiser didn't this morning so can only assume the HUN didn't given they're both News Ltd.

Piss weak when a game is done by 10ish and they can't find a way to put as much as the scores and best players in. I mean the ladder still had us as 1-1 FFS, not even 2-1.

Where's the AFL accredited media gone? Shouldn't they do what they can to write about football and see that it gets published in a timely manner.

What's that Vlad? AFL accredited media don't report on football?

My mistake, carry on.

****ing w***ers.

Possibly, I don't get the HS. I would imagine it would be tight to get it in for print on the Sunday night. Do normal Friday and Saturday night matches make the papers normally?

Yes they do. Not detailed breakdowns but scores, best players and a brief summary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 3: v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back