Game Day Round 4, 2017 - Brisbane Lions vs. Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Altogether, now. Big deep breath and...

122303-120742.jpg

Out: Bewick, McStay, Taylor, Cutler (inj)
In: Close, Walker, Christensen, Harwood

Can't expect to win many games when we have so many dumb footballers.

We move it quick when we should slow it down and move it slow when we should move quick.

Fagan really has to weigh up the risk vs reward of playing these young guys when we could have Bastinac, Close, Harwood who are much more mature and experienced. We are getting knocked off the ball far too easily. I do think we should have Berry, McCluggage and Cox playing just not all at once. We should be filtering them in slowly. McCluggage for the round 1-7 rounds, then throw in Cox at 7, then Berry at 14 for example

It would be nice to see Schache attack an aerial contest. We miss Close badly.
Schache and Hipwood are young give them a few years I thought we got Walker in last year to protect them and if he cannot play Close has to.
Both of the young guys not the mongrel big player you need.
Not sure Lester and Bell can do that role.

I am happy with what McCluggae, Berry and Cox are doing.
Its our 3-4 year players who need to step up a lot have talent to spare like McStay, Bewick, Taylor, Lester etc.
I think Mayes goes under rated he just does the job. Nick Robbo tries just wish he had the talent of those who miss use it.

Out - Berry, Cox, McLuggage, hipwood or schache

In - Harwood, Christiansen, Bastinac, Close

Then.. with the 3 spots currently held by certified spuds (bewick, robertson, bell and the rest including the ins above) you rotate kids through in phases.. no need to stack 7 kids into the side and effectively (wave the white flag) and destroy all confidence and morale this early in the season. We have had enough of this sort of embarrassment

I think you'll find a large number of your supporters think you're now top s*** after winning a few games, its that ignorance of having a false sense of hope and arrogance that annoys a lot of people. You're certainly better than us but not near the GWS/Adelaide level where you can just walk into a game expecting a win.

Actually, in my experience every Richmond supporter I've known have been some of the most self-hating football fans ever. Often shiftily mumbling, "Richmond", after 10 minutes of discussing footy and me asking who they barrack for :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd bring Bundy and Close into our forward line, drop Bell and play Lester and Robbo more in the middle.

Anybody still want to pay Schak what ever he wants. ? Being young is unavoidable, being an effortless soft **** is not. I now a lot will barrell me but it's true. He is 6 ft 5 and 90 something kilos and gets knocked over with a feather and refuses to stick his knee is someone's back. Falls over and wants to get kicks 20 meters on own. Has done nothing to suggest he is going to be good.

Does anyone think Taylor offers enough to make it at AFL level? he just doesn't make up for his height/weight disadvantage for what his output is

Anybody still want to pay Schak what ever he wants. ? Being young is unavoidable, being an effortless soft **** is not. I now a lot will barrell me but it's true. He is 6 ft 5 and 90 something kilos and gets knocked over with a feather and refuses to stick his knee is someone's back. Falls over and wants to get kicks 20 meters on own. Has done nothing to suggest he is going to be good.

I think this is starting to look possible. Too early to tell. Also.. we dont know how good he is, uts sad seeing talented young guys come here to perish.. cant blame anyone for wanting to go to a better system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back