Preview Round 4, 2019: St Kilda v Hawthorn, 14 April 2019, 3.20pm at Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if Puopolo was dropped this week. I was at the ground on Sunday and I'm not sure if it could be seen on the TV but regardless of what his stats sheet looks like he was playing a good defensive game. Lots of sprints to close down North's space and create space for his teammates. I reckon he played his role well enough to hold his spot.

I don't understand the logic of refusing to turn up and attend Hawthorn games at Marvel due to being anti a stadium that came in 20 years ago, I'm not the biggest fan of Marvel either, but I'm unsure what boycotting achieves other than Hawthorn having less support on game day.

I'd be surprised if Puopolo was dropped this week. I was at the ground on Sunday and I'm not sure if it could be seen on the TV but regardless of what his stats sheet looks like he was playing a good defensive game. Lots of sprints to close down North's space and create space for his teammates. I reckon he played his role well enough to hold his spot.
He was consistently held off the ball, so much so BT actually called it.

This. Game plan relies on inferred pressure. Fast guys who chase and rush an oppo defender are critical to its success.

After their loss in perth, saints are facing first real test of their season. They are in a similar boat to us and really need a good start to the season for best chance at finals. Dropping to 2-2 from 2-0 would be bad for them so expect them to play hard. Nearly beat us at etihad late last year when we did have mitchell, going to need to perform better to win this time. Danger game.

We play 5 Sunday games and a Monday game to start the year.
Totally admit it's a bit selfish, but those Sunday matches are prime time Saturday night for us here. Great for viewing with the tipping crew. Fair amount of beer consumption takes place :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally admit it's a bit selfish, but those Sunday matches are prime time Saturday night for us here. Great for viewing with the tipping crew. Fair amount of beer consumption takes place :D

Haha, I get the opposite when I try to watch the NBA. I have to have my phone on at 11am at my desk.

1 tackle but 29 pressure acts

Would hope we can lift our game from last week. Aaron hall was threatening all day had 4 shots at goal could've easily made us pay for a lack of midfield accountability.

Ben McEvoy's 100th game for Hawthorn after playing 91 games for our opponent.

The 'McEvoy Cup' this Sunday?

Maybe the 'Savage Cup'...geez there's actually a conga line of dual club players in the modern era.

S. Greene
D. Anderson
B. Guerra
P. Harding
C. Wittman
Z. Dawson
M. Young
G. Nugent
R. Handley
Others....

Status
Not open for further replies.