Autopsy Round 4, 2024 : Hawks get Pied

Remove this Banner Ad

Ward showed an attack on the footy I’d not seen before
He stays
If Ward was playing in a side surrounded by experienced big body mids, we’d see so much more of what he’s capable of. It’s hard when we have so many kids in the side, the balance is off and the young ones have to wear all of the brunt.

He’ll get there im certain of it.

Thought our backline stood up the most in the second half. Sic and Skrim created the wall. Newc and Meek willed us forward and Hardwick took the chances. I’d still contend we won’t be a serious finals team until we recruit two more gun mids. Worpel and Nash are all heart, but just not composed enough.
We always, always look a much better team when Sicily and Scrimmers are working in tandem to set up a wall across half back.

They are both elite intercept marks and readers of the ball in flight.

I don't really see Ramma as a ruck. He looks like a pure forward to me and a pretty good one at that.

I'd rather we go in with Meek + Chol as our ruck duo next game.

I feel Ramsden will be like Nathan Thompson starts in the ruck getting senior game but his break out game will be forward and he could end up there long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meeks biggest strength is his follow up work after a ruck contest and can win a clearance which he did a number of times tonight.

His biggest weakness is his marking and reading of the ball in the air, Tom Mitchell out marked him. And when he does get his hands on it he drops most of them.

And I think that’s the biggest problem with both our rucks as they offer very little offensively and don’t take marks around the ground.

He will definitely get a block of games now as he’s played better than Reeves so far this season

Ginnivan has stepped up his defensive game. 3 Tackles and 22 Pressure Acts,

I think at one point in the first half he was our leading tackler.

We were playing bruise free that first half.

If Ward was playing in a side surrounded by experienced big body mids, we’d see so much more of what he’s capable of. It’s hard when we have so many kids in the side, the balance is off and the young ones have to wear all of the brunt.

He’ll get there im certain of it.
He is the one mid I'm confident will hit a forward target. Played a great 3rd quarter but went missing in the last.

Meek clearly our number 1 ruckman. Was good last week and fantastic today. Much prefer his style then Reeves.
That's always been my observation.

Even when Meek was struggling last year you could see the basic outline of a decent AFL ruck in his makeup (good around the ground, physical presence, etc).

I like a physical ruck who helps out around the ground, makes a big difference to a team.

Ramsden had 9 disposals and 3 hit outs. Talking that up shows how low the expectations have become. He was serviceable at best but the way people go on about his performance today 🤪

You missed some important facts like it was his 3rd game and he kicked a goal at an important time of our come back.

I feel you just like to stick your boots in to players. It’s called development!

Today it was so clear that when we bring pressure and intensity our game plan looks much better because the opposition cannot just stroll away from contests with the footy and have easy entries.

Really enjoyed the finish today. We nearly pinched it, we need to bring that fight every week.

I’m desperate for a win - hopefully soon.

Go hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back