Autopsy Round 4, 2024 : Hawks get Pied

Remove this Banner Ad

Ramma cant contest well enough up forward with his slight body

Got bullied about 5 times up forward in the last

If Lewis is back then I agree with you

I thought he did alright keeping Moore out of the game.

Newc should be our next captain. Inspirational second half.
Our leaders stood up and looked what happened.

Meek, Hardwick, Moore, Scrimshaw, Impey, Ward, Amon were all great in the second half.

Keep Rama in the side even when Lewis comes back. I’ve said it before could be our Luke Jackson.

Newc has competition for captaincy now! Day, Moore and Worpel would be all candidates now days.

Really happy with how Frenchy is coming along.. soft start against the bombers but has been really good since imo, what he's showing is my shining light from our season to date.

I've been on the fence re Hardwick, but he demonstrated today that we need him fwd more than we need him back. Not every week will be like this, but a great game.

Reeves was our best ruckman last year but that was a great game from Meek. Among our top 5 tonight. Should get an extended run now and I prefer what Meek brings to the table when in form.

Was unfortunate for Butler that we had injuries as he simply had to come up, but he really needs to back up game after game what he was doing at box Hill for like half a season before coming up.

Good signs from Ramma. Even though we lost, it was a good stepping stone for us.

Always room for another passenger on the Scrimshaw bus my good fellow!

Ive seen Scrimmers have more offensive output in previous years but as you say this is probably the most balanced defensive/offensive version of him we have seen.
This is definitely tracking to be his best season. Had a great 2nd half

Yeah I do as well, not saying he played a bad game

But Ramma cant be the only tall forward if Chol is rucking and meek resting

We will get destroyed

Enter Blake 'Dimma/Duck take your pick' Hardwick.

Meek no1.
Duke great 2nd half.
Hardwick showing the forwards how to play.

Great comeback, just ran out of time

Career best season: Worpel, Meek, Scrimshaw, McKenzie, Moore, Massimo, Chol, CMac, Ramsden

Receded: Gunston, Bruest, Reeves

Injured (including possibly carrying) Newcombe, Lewis, Day, CJ, Wingard, DGB, McCabe, Blanck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it? we're 0-4 so i'm pretty disenchanted personally. Tonight it took nothing short of a miraculous single-handed effort by Hardwick to get us back. That's not going to happen every week. Other games we've had our pants pulled down bar one quarter. We've shown glimpses but feel like we've gone backwards.
Hawks had a percentage of 52.79 after 4 games last year. This year it is 68.7. Not great but better.

The problem is the dire quarters - eliminate those and the Hawks are largely competitive.

A lot of what exactly? Seriously, stop overrating his performance. Yes he touched the ball a few times but he was nowhere to be seen in the forwarding, especially late when the ball kept getting pumped into the forward line. It took a back pocket to show how to play forward.

Were you at the ground?

He had a fantastic game from a development perspective, and I've been one of the few not fully sold on him until now.

Ramsden had 9 disposals and 3 hit outs. Talking that up shows how low the expectations have become. He was serviceable at best but the way people go on about his performance today 🤪

5 marks on a Premiership captain/AA CHB and limited his intercepting ability is a pretty good performance.

Great fight back but the challenge with us will be whether we can take those complete lapses like we saw in the 2nd quarter out of our game.

The key to that is learning to defend so that we can stop the bleeding when the opposition start getting on a run..

Ramma cant contest well enough up forward with his slight body

Got bullied about 5 times up forward in the last

If Lewis is back then I agree with you

We have to play to Rammas strength …. As a leading forward he create space and get a break on his player. Just like he did when he kicked his first goal. Meek from the Ruck, to Ramma on the lead.

Yeah I do as well, not saying he played a bad game

But Ramma cant be the only tall forward if Chol is rucking and meek resting

We will get destroyed
I made the same point prior to the game. He is playing because we don’t have anyone else, but Rama is still not ready

Until we sort out our KPF, Hardwick can legit be our Mark Williams as we are building. What a game he played!

It sucks but I’m so proud of the boys. Many negatives in the first half, but many positives in the second.

Meek has a fair dinkum crack, not always great but I want his efforts in the team. I legit think he can dominate if he gets a run at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 4, 2024 : Hawks get Pied

Remove this Banner Ad

Back