Game Day Round 4, 2024: Richmond v St.Kilda - Norwood Oval, Sunday 7th April, 3:20PM AEST *GATHER ROUND*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richmond-vs-St-Kilda.png

Gather round in Adelaide.
Time for a Candy Strike Comeback after a disappointing performance last week

1711799977505.jpeg

Surprisingly confident even as a pessimist.

Think we’ll be too good for them with their outs, to be honest even coming into the season we should have pencilled these in as wins if we are half serious.

They’re in a new phase of building at the moment, more than fair after their recent success.

We’re deserving favourites because of the injuries. Ours are significant but Richmond’s are worse. Their forward line has been decimated (even with Martin back) and one of their best players in Baker is out. We’ve got King back. On balance, I think we are genuine favourites and we should win.

But it counts for nothing when that ball is bounced.

Just find a way to win today. Get to 2-2 and go from there with soldiers coming back over the next few weeks.

I'm concerned about a lack of flair in the forward half, but with King back he will be a tough matchup for the Tigers.

Tigers are hard to read. But they're just as injury depleted as we are if not more so.

Surprised we're such favourites with the bookies.

Our injuries/suspension seem to be invisible to many including may supposed AFL Commentators who really should do their homework better.

I had a friendly chat with a group of Tigers at one of the wineries yesterday and they were surprised that we had any injured players missing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just find a way to win today. Get to 2-2 and go from there with soldiers coming back over the next few weeks.

I'm concerned about a lack of flair in the forward half, but with King back he will be a tough matchup for the Tigers.

This is a game we cannot afford to drop.

Next 3 weeks will be hard.

Playing the inform GWS and Port, both away, and both while we will still be undermanned.

Even to Doggies looked a lot better last night. So that may be hard to win now. With a near full strength team I think we would have their measure, but we will still have some major outs.

Need two things to win:
1) Kick straight and apply scoreboard pressure.
2) Defend their mids all day.

The rest will work in our favour

Our forward line concerns me just as much as our midfield, it's great King is back but it is R4 and more than ever we need to see King win a game off his own boot and there has never been a better time for King to grab hold of a defence. Hopefully Members can be a great support but I suspect he's going to be playing much higher up the ground in the absence of Wood as he is the only player on the list that comes close to having the same athletic profile and tool kit for that postion...yeah yeah, Sharman is a winger...my arse...last position he is even closely suited to....

But the Forward line is where it can be won today, we have to start developing some attacking weapons, Cammers also a fair bit off the pace and Hayes is what our structure needs but who knows if his body is up to the rigours of AFL level.

Midfield...well who knows how that's all going to pan out. Be nice if Owens and Pou can have a day out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back