Toast Round 4 = Collingwood 77-72 Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Look like we need the rest now, midfield and ruck tailed off badly in that game when Hawks had a go.

We are obsessed with game management, to the point we played come beat us football for an hour. No dare and just long down the line kicks, long deep forward entries. Hawks set up to mark our own kicks better than we do. Get creative.

Will always take the W though over those campaigners

Spare a moment for the Fox Footy commentaors

You’ll never hear a more one sided call
Lost count how many times they said even neutrals would be on hawks. Thought it was kind of ironic given the cheering coming from the comm box

Last edited:
Should’ve been a 6 goal win. Poor efforts and execution in the end.

Playing like Hollywood premiers when they get the chance, and almost got their pants pulled down.

Will take the 4 points. But Fly can’t be happy with that.

Frampton great btw.

De Goey also v good.

Cox barely keeps his spot. Noble too many turnovers.

Gotta get better….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore coming off his man, not impacting the contest then said man creating a goal is just getting tiring.

Lack of KPF making us look impotent.

BUT…win is a win.
Mate our skipper is seriously doing my head in. Right now we could pull a defender out of the VFL & have a similar impact.
I thought he turned a corner last week. But like the rest of the team they have no fight or hunger for the contest in 2024.
If they don’t wake up real soon the boys will be watching finals from the stands.

Big Balls Billy Frampton played another great game.

Disagree re: Noble. He had great attack on the ball and created a lot of our run. He looked bad in Q4 when everything else turned bad. Unlucky to give away that free kick near goal, so clear that Moore led with his head and crouched low.

EDIT: I feel like Ginny has gone to his perfect club. Dwayne saying "Every Collingwood fan would be happy to see him goal". No, not at all. In fact he's just become a caricature of himself. Too soft, too eager to flop. That trick will get old real quick and Mitchell will have him out on his ear in 1-2 seasons.

If we can beat our bogey side now, maybe we can (barely) beat our Bogey side in the Blues? I still feel like we're about 4-5 weeks behind everyone else in terms of form, fitness and confidence so give it a little time and we'll bounce back.

Floreat Pica.

Look, a win against Hawthorn is like a Clydesdale.

There is no such thing as a bad one.

But we tried very hard to explore new realms of shit there. That second half made want to change the TV to synchromised swimming, anything really other than the exercise in self immolation we seemed intent on delivering.

Hawks remind me of a stand-alone VFL team that relies on physicality and flooding defensive 50 to make up for a lack of class. Meek held our rucks all day and a few times threw them aside to get the footy uncontested in the ruck. Newcombe brute strength, but thankfully his kicking let him down tonight. Lost count of the number of throws and the blocks on our forwards they got away with. I was disappointed they stopped kicking to Chol inside 50.

That was absolute s**t against a c-grade Hawks team. Goalless final qtr. WTF is this club doing post-premiership? Completely unacceptable to scrape a 5 point win against that team. Fancy giving Hardwick 4 goals as well. Embarrassing performance.
Agree, the only thing more humiliating would be to have lost. Disastrous performance. Thank god for the bye.

Spare a moment for the Fox Footy commentaors

You’ll never hear a more one sided call
Lol this!

Jack Riewoldt in the last 30 seconds asking for dangerous tackle with crisp on Nash when Nash has his arm in a headlock around Crisp was the icing for me.

This fixture is always a danger game for us…our bogey side forever really.
Take the points and now rest up after a hectic schedule to open the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back