Toast Round 4 = Collingwood 77-72 Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Did we let them back in just so that we could practise the art of killing seconds - sharpening up for a whole series of close finishes again this year.

Don’t miss Ginni one bit. He’s a distraction.

Over the top celebrations, 2 goals today both from free kicks. It’s a running circus.
Plus a nice 50 against, which lead to a pies goal.

I’m trying to understand what Sidebottom did to justify Fin being dropped

Had absolutely zero impact as the sub

Thank f** k for my man Frampton. Absolute rock back there and is arguably the main reason we’re not 0-6

Mason Cox is playing with no presence.
Undisciplined and lazy in contests and work rate.

He is going to need a kick up the back side because not being able to take any marks is a problem to stay in the team.

As I posted in the game day thread the leading patterns, forward craft and cohesion of our forwards is almost as bad as the kicking to them.

It’s hard to work out whether it’s chicken or the egg.

We rarely see a player get hit up on a lead having made a gap on their opponent. It’s very worrying.
Exactly. I think it was Maynard who got a 50 meter penalty in the last quarter & the front on shot of our forward line showed not a single solitary forward making an effort to lead. 2 or 3 of them just put their arms up as if to say kick it on my head, which Maynard obliged them with. Hence the defensive Hawks mark & rebound out of defence. Make no mistake here. They were absolutely lazy in the 2nd half.

I’m trying to understand what Sidebottom did to justify Fin being dropped

Had absolutely zero impact as the sub

Thank f** k for my man Frampton. Absolute rock back there and is arguably the main reason we’re not 0-6
why Frampton didn't play the first 2 games is one of life's great mysteries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree re: Noble. He had great attack on the ball and created a lot of our run. He looked bad in Q4 when everything else turned bad. Unlucky to give away that free kick near goal, so clear that Moore led with his head and crouched low.

EDIT: I feel like Ginny has gone to his perfect club. Dwayne saying "Every Collingwood fan would be happy to see him goal". No, not at all. In fact he's just become a caricature of himself. Too soft, too eager to flop. That trick will get old real quick and Mitchell will have him out on his ear in 1-2 seasons.

If we can beat our bogey side now, maybe we can (barely) beat our Bogey side in the Blues? I still feel like we're about 4-5 weeks behind everyone else in terms of form, fitness and confidence so give it a little time and we'll bounce back.

Floreat Pica.
Watching Ginnivan was just said. You nailed it - a caricature of himself. He's taken no steps forward

Mason Cox is playing with no presence.
Undisciplined and lazy in contests and work rate.

He is going to need a kick up the back side because not being able to take any marks is a problem to stay in the team.
VFL time again for Mason. Going through the motions at best.

Just back from watching the game at the pub, haven't seen the game thread and don't want to, but just thought we were pretty appalling as premiers against 16th place team. We are not going to be premiers, so let's not pretend we have any hope of doing so. We lacked a key forward but had no shortage of midg*t forwards running around like chooks with their heads chopped off. Saw nothing of Pendlebury who is surely close to finished, thought Schultz started well but dropped out of it, while Ginnivan kept us on our toes all night and Howe was crucified down back by Hardwick, shown up for strength, marking ability and just about any other skill you could mention.

Awful effort by a team that has well and truly gone down the gurgler. Take me to task for my comments, I don't care - we are going nowhere in 2024. Bring on 2025. Only good players from what I could see without sound and all the pub distractions were J Daicos and De Goey.

Come at me, I don't care. I was ashamed to be a Collingwood supporter tonight.

We had the game killed off - we just don't have that killer instinct.

We made Hardwick look like Shane Ellen against the Saints in the GF.

Hawthorn basically have no quality talls yet Cox and Cameron couldn't kick a goal.

Kudos to Mitchell, Framps and De Goey for their performances. Honourable mention to Schultz but should have kicked more goals.

Hawks had more players missing than us - so I have Fly is smiling on the outside but ****ing fuming on the inside.

But grateful to get two wins before the bye.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back