Toast Round 4 = Collingwood 77-72 Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Come at me, I don't care. I was ashamed to be a Collingwood supporter tonight.
You were ashamed and we won? Gosh imagine if we had lost…

Actually, you should literally imagine the halves were flipped. We had an inspiring come back from 33 points down to win by 5. Scintillating.

I feel it's time to give sidebottom a tap on the shoulder and say thanks mate but your time is finished he keeps taking short steps he won't put his body on the line any longer and I feel the same for Howe yes they have been great servents but it's time cox has to make way for Kruger if fit next week . The way we played that second half was abismal we weren't even trying to be creative just bomb it long surly we have evolved to be better then that
Agree with this, there are plenty in our starting 23 that are going through the motions right now. Many are chewing the fat and look satisfied, not prepared to chase and tackle and do desperate things, at least only in fleeting efforts.

But on top of that we are not taking care with the football going forward, just turning it over or not hitting targets or just bombing it to outnumbered teammates. Poor decision making for a premier atm. However, our depth is also quite poor right now so who comes in for guys like Cox, Sidey, Howe etc. There really is not many capable options in the VFL that can play AFL.

You must be bitterly disappointed we won.

I’m bitterly disappointed in the way we won

That second half coming off a 10 day break vs an undermanned Bottom 4 side coming off a 6 day break was reprehensible

I don’t think it was as bad as some of you are making out. We had the game closed and obviously then wanted to shut it down but let them back in and then couldn’t take the opportunities going forward. At least 3 chances to ice it, but thankfully we weren’t punished.

We miss Mcstay or as we struggle with that get out kick down the wing. It was killing us causing repeat entries and putting the defenders under pressure. Cox was absolutely shocking imo, especially in the last. Cameron is good but needs help.

We are a fair way off it atm, but if we can build some momentum who knows as the quality is there. We just need better connection.

Schultz and Frampton were v good.

I’m bitterly disappointed in the way we won

That second half coming off a 10 day break vs an undermanned Bottom 4 side coming off a 6 day break was reprehensible
I assume you loved the second half, other than the result of course.
A Hawks win would have been manna from heaven for you.

Ginnivan was good. He deserved every free and goal he got. Don't care what you say. He made our defenders look ordinary.

He certainly made them panic. IQ was dumb not returning the ball to Ginni after the free. Maynard was stupid to hold him, he scores by finding space not outwrestling guys.

You'v spun yourself in circles trying to see how much greener the grass is on the other side
Oh go away. You're like a annoying mosquito that avoids every slap of the towel or spray of the repellent. Find someone else to annoy with your persistent attempts to whitewash an insipid performance.

Last edited:
I assume you loved the second half, other than the result of course.
A Hawks win would have been manna from heaven for you.

You’re an absolute gronk. Of the highest order.

I feel it's time to give sidebottom a tap on the shoulder and say thanks mate but your time is finished he keeps taking short steps he won't put his body on the line any longer and I feel the same for Howe yes they have been great servents but it's time cox has to make way for Kruger if fit next week . The way we played that second half was abismal we weren't even trying to be creative just bomb it long surly we have evolved to be better then that
Think that’s mainly system, bomb it long, bring it to ground and create a stoppage to kill time.

I thought Sidebottom was good in the last 12 mins. Won a lot of ground balls to lock it down and a couple of intercept marks. With Pendlebury off, his leadership and game management was important.

4 points and the same issues keep happening.
I’m enjoying reading the comments about certain players that I’ve been saying for the last 2 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not too worried. Travelling from the Gabba vs Brisbane to Adelaide vs Hawks I thought this would potentially be a challenge.

I also think the psychology of the week break played on our players minds and in the second half went on holiday mode. Look at Sydney (also about to have a weeks break) limp over the line vs West Coast

I never like to individualise but unfortunately that was Mason cox’s worst game in a very long time, if not ever. Not sure the club can do much in the short term but things will need to change sooner or later.. in the absence of mcStay we need to take a good look at Kreuger ( due back next start) Steene or Begg.

Bunch of sad sacks on here, you'd think we lost the bloody game!

It hurts to say it, but some of you need to take a leaf out of Carltons supporter bases book, they're celebrating being handed a win by the umpires by an undermanned freo who only finished 2 spots above the Hawks last year

We had to beat our bogey team who had all the rub in the 2nd half

Celebrate the wins you cranky flogs and save your doom and gloom for when we actually lose
Did you watch that 2nd half? Yes we won but you can't watch that 2nd half and think that was a great 5 point win after leading by 6 goals. No chance! That Hawthorn team would have been rolled by North or smashed by a decent side. We held on to dear life.

Just back from watching the game at the pub, haven't seen the game thread and don't want to, but just thought we were pretty appalling as premiers against 16th place team. We are not going to be premiers, so let's not pretend we have any hope of doing so. We lacked a key forward but had no shortage of midg*t forwards running around like chooks with their heads chopped off. Saw nothing of Pendlebury who is surely close to finished, thought Schultz started well but dropped out of it, while Ginnivan kept us on our toes all night and Howe was crucified down back by Hardwick, shown up for strength, marking ability and just about any other skill you could mention.

Awful effort by a team that has well and truly gone down the gurgler. Take me to task for my comments, I don't care - we are going nowhere in 2024. Bring on 2025. Only good players from what I could see without sound and all the pub distractions were J Daicos and De Goey.

Come at me, I don't care. I was ashamed to be a Collingwood supporter tonight.
Embarrassing post, go to bed.

That was absolute s**t against a c-grade Hawks team. Goalless final qtr. WTF is this club doing post-premiership? Completely unacceptable to scrape a 5 point win against that team. Fancy giving Hardwick 4 goals as well. Embarrassing performance.
Not sure why Maynard or Quaynor weren’t moved onto Hardwick.

Why all the doom and gloom? Terrific 1st half. Took the foot off the pedal and gave them a sniff and they took their chance. A lot went their way late, especially Collingwood missing all of the chances that would have ended the game. Celebrate the win ffs, 2-3 with a week off and port and ess to come at the G. There is path to 4-3 ahead of the Carl game, which would be huge given the 1st 3 weeks. Next 2 games massive in context of season

Can’t blame anybody who’s disappointed even though we won, considering the embarrassing effort that we dished up in that second half.

Nice to obviously get the four points considering we were starring at being 1-4, but I can’t say anything today has convinced me that we’ll be contenders this year. Big set of games coming up after the bye.

First half was great other than a slow second quarter start. Massively ran out of legs after the long break and fell over the line. Bring on the bye, refresh, regroup, do whatever is necessary in the next just under two weeks to come out breathing fire and put the Power out with the rest of the garbage.

I don’t think it was as bad as some of you are making out. We had the game closed and obviously then wanted to shut it down but let them back in and then couldn’t take the opportunities going forward. At least 3 chances to ice it, but thankfully we weren’t punished.

We miss Mcstay or as we struggle with that get out kick down the wing. It was killing us causing repeat entries and putting the defenders under pressure. Cox was absolutely shocking imo, especially in the last. Cameron is good but needs help.

We are a fair way off it atm, but if we can build some momentum who knows as the quality is there. We just need better connection.

Schultz and Frampton were v good.

With Port Bombers and Blues over our next three matches, our season is on the line right now. Today’s performance would see us lose all three.

We need to find some serious hunger and aggression over the bye break or we can kiss the 2024 season goodbye.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back