Toast Round 4 = Collingwood 77-72 Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Mcinnes is a 3rd medium-tall fwd, much like AJ neither are really kpf.

We currently don't have much choice and we need to get AFL games into our juniors can't keep dropping them every other week. Like Fin.

To my eye, Fin is as vanilla as vanilla gets. He has zero Hurt Factor and won’t change the trajectory of the team one little bit. He’s tracking as Cal Brown 2.0.

I’d like to see Krueger in, just to crash some packs, create some chaos and unpredictability. Beyond that, Steene’s about the only tall forward prospect player on our list, so perhaps let’s give him a go? If Checkers goes down, we are completely stuffed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The leading patterns, forward craft and cohesion of our forwards is almost as bad as the kicking to them.

It’s hard to work out whether it’s chicken or the egg.

We rarely see a player get hit up on a lead having made a gap on their opponent. It’s very worrying.
Totally agree Rusty , for a small quick fwd line, we should have multiple options on offer & repeated leads, not one lead then stand flat footed……

I disagree. He has potential to be much more than a pest. How well will he do when he hasn't had a week of the media crying about his mistreatment? I was thoroughly unimpressed with how he played
Exactly! The AFL are fast becoming a staged production more concerned about drama than anything else. All week the media was begging for Ginni free kicks in this game just for entertainment value (never heard them do that when he was in B&W) and of course the scumpires were quick to the party there were they not? The AFL is a predictable farce.

Bobby looked so flat today, almost as though he couldn't be bothered, either leading or chasing. Just an off day? Lipinski not any better.

JDG and Mitch showed great intent throughout, thankfully. Daicos boys also useful. IQ, Maynard and Billy were the best of the defenders. Good to see Schultz getting amongst the goals.

As mentioned above, if we're supposedly fitter than ever, then it has to be concluded that many players are just hoping that they can get by with less than 100% effort.

Nick isn’t really dominating the way I thought he would. He’s been good but I wouldn’t say top 10 in the league good.
I think that is representative of our midfield at large. I would move him to half-back again. I think we had him as a mid tonight for the tag

Unfortunately Ginni is just a one trick pony.If he doesn’t get a free kick for a high tackle he doesn’t kick goals.It’s as simple as that.
Ginnivan stuck it right up us tonight. You could see the frustration on the face of every defender who played on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They weren't far off winning and it would have been their first win for the year and against the reigning premier. If you are happy with our performance tonight good luck to you.
Now you're just inventing arguments. Did you see the footage of the Hawthorn changeroom postgame? A bunch of dejected miserable players. What fun they're having!

Have winners suddenly stopped being grinners?

Ginnivan stuck it right up us tonight. You could see the frustration on the face of every defender who played on him.
What utter nonsense! Ginnivan was meh. 2 goals, sure - his woeful pressure allowed us to rebound at ease whenever he was around, and he provides no contest.

What game did you watch?

Last edited:
Honest question - do people here feel we might be relying too much on hanging on or coming from behind to win a game by a small margin, or is it that we legitimately don't have the cattle to finish off a team like the Hawks the way we should have tonight?

Just posing the question as I've seen a few comments on us putting the cue in the rack or trying to "conserve energy" that normally wouldn't resonate with how I'd like to see us play.

Confidence in being able to secure the win in a tight game is all and good, but there are games like tonight where we shouldn't need to resort to that - although the end result here was more a case of them running out of time than us controlling the outcome, if we're going to be perfectly frank abiut it.
The way we ran out the game may have something to do with the number of games we have played in a short space of time.
We've played 4 games in 19 days, 5 games in 29 days, and travelled interstate 3 times.
That averages out to less than 6 days between games.
That's ridiculous fixturing.

Now you're just inventing arguments. Did you see the footage of the Hawthorn changeroom postgame? A bunch of dejected miserable players. What fun they're having!

Have winners suddenly stopped being grinners?
They are dejected because they went close to winning their first game for the season. We were horrible.

Nick isn’t really dominating the way I thought he would. He’s been good but I wouldn’t say top 10 in the league good.

His worst year so far, and he is still in the top 3 performing players we have this year
Only 5 games in, but I can’t think of anyone who has taken the next step and improved from the previous year

Bunch of sad sacks on here, you'd think we lost the bloody game!

It hurts to say it, but some of you need to take a leaf out of Carltons supporter bases book, they're celebrating being handed a win by the umpires by an undermanned freo who only finished 2 spots above the Hawks last year

We had to beat our bogey team who had all the rub in the 2nd half

Celebrate the wins you cranky flogs and save your doom and gloom for when we actually lose

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 4 = Collingwood 77-72 Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back